Preview 2023 Fixture - hopes, dreams, dreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello, I come in peace. I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but I have flights for me and a friend for the round 23 match, Crows vs Swans. Just wanted to know the best way to get tickets for the game, thank you in advanced
Buy a 3 game Crows membership ;) failing that you should be able to buy tickets when they are released

It doesn't normally sell out or I should be fine if I get on early?
I’m not 100% certain but I don’t think we’ve had a sell out for awhile. Swans aren’t a big drawing Vic team so you should be fine if you buy tickets as soon as they are released. I won’t give you my address in case I’m wrong

I’m not 100% certain but I don’t think we’ve had a sell out for awhile. Swans aren’t a big drawing Vic team so you should be fine if you buy tickets as soon as they are released. I won’t give you my address in case I’m wrong
Haha thanks for that. I'm excited, will be my first time at Adelaide oval on top of which I have the leave pass for the weekend with a mate so kid free!

It doesn't normally sell out or I should be fine if I get on early?
I just checked - Tickets go on sale next week on Friday, 3pm (Dont ask me if local or Eastern)

You'll be able to get tickets easily. If you want to be close to Swans fans, aim for 146 (Behind Northern goals), 328 (South-Eastern pocket) or 530 (East-South-Eastern flank) as I believe this is where the opposition clubs generally get to seel tickets to their interstate members or even just a General admin ticket (Stand on the hill right behind the cheersquad, or if it does rain, nosebleeds at the other end).

With where things stand today, it's unlikely to sell out and you could probably get tickets on the day if you so desired.
However, you guys are a big enough club, that if it's a defacto elimination final, it could very well sell out. So perhaps get in early.

I for one always go as early as possible. Dont want to risk missing out (The showdown that Motlop got the winner, tickets available 2-3 weeks out, didn't feel like going, decided a week out I wanted to go, sold out, too late) So may as well go next week, dont want to risk both of us going on a roll and it selling out.

I just checked - Tickets go on sale next week on Friday, 3pm (Dont ask me if local or Eastern)

You'll be able to get tickets easily. If you want to be close to Swans fans, aim for 146 (Behind Northern goals), 328 (South-Eastern pocket) or 530 (East-South-Eastern flank) as I believe this is where the opposition clubs generally get to seel tickets to their interstate members or even just a General admin ticket (Stand on the hill right behind the cheersquad, or if it does rain, nosebleeds at the other end).

With where things stand today, it's unlikely to sell out and you could probably get tickets on the day if you so desired.
However, you guys are a big enough club, that if it's a defacto elimination final, it could very well sell out. So perhaps get in early.

I for one always go as early as possible. Dont want to risk missing out (The showdown that Motlop got the winner, tickets available 2-3 weeks out, didn't feel like going, decided a week out I wanted to go, sold out, too late) So may as well go next week, dont want to risk both of us going on a roll and it selling out.
Thanks for this. I will definitely be poo next week, especially since flights are booked, and as much as I enjoy visiting Adelaide, this one is for the footy.

Genuinely interested to know when was the last time two non-Victorian teams played on a stand-alone Friday night (excluding a final?)? Has it ever happened?
Here's every single game

Rd 7 1987 - West Coast vs Brisbane
Rd 8 1988 - Sydney vs Brisbane
Rd 16 1988 - West Coast vs Brisbane
Rd 20 1990 - Sydney vs Brisbane
Rd 8 1992 - Sydney vs Brisbane
Rd 10 1992 - West Coast vs Adelaide
Rd 15 1992 - Adelaide vs Sydney
Rd 20 1992 - West Coast vs Brisbane
Rd 14 1993 - Sydney vs Adelaide
Rd 10 1994 - West Coast vs Sydney
Rd 18 1994 - Adelaide vs Sydney
Rd 14 1997 - Adelaide vs West Coast
Rd 16 1997 - Brisbane vs Adelaide
Rd 22 1997 - West Coast vs Brisbane

Rd 17 1998 - Fremantle vs Adelaide
Rd 19 2000 - Adelaide vs West Coast

SF 2003 - Brisbane vs Adelaide
Rd 20 2005 - West Coast vs Fremantle
QF 2005 - West Coast vs Sydney
PF 2006 - Sydney vs Fremantle
QF 2007 - Port Adelaide vs West Coast
SF 2012 - Adelaide vs Fremantle

Rd 23 2016 - Adelaide vs West Coast
Rd 22 2017 - Adelaide vs Sydney
Rd 5 2018 - Sydney vs Adelaide
Rd 13 2018 - Sydney vs West Coast

Rd 2 2019 - Sydney vs Adelaide
Rd 5 2019 - West Coast vs Port Adelaide
Rd 3 2021 - Adelaide vs Gold Coast

Rd 3 2022 - Adelaide vs Port Adelaide
Rd 5 2022 - West Coast vs Sydney
Rd 9 2023 - West Coast vs Gold Coast

Green = Standalone FTA
Yellow = Standalone Paytv (All of them Good Friday)
Red = Played at the same time as another game.
Black = (I know you didn't ask for it, but....) Finals

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks, 3 weeks away. They think the cliff hanger games will be saved for Sunday, they don’t want the 8 to be decided on Saturday. But the AFL have said nothing

Ralph Malph is tweeting some of the final rd fixture, of course Carlton feature. Anyone have access to herald sun can see the full details?

Of course Carlton plays after us, you’d think that gives Curnow the Coleman as he’ll know how many he needs to overtake Tex (if he’s behind)

Of course Carlton plays after us, you’d think that gives Curnow the Coleman as he’ll know how many he needs to overtake Tex (if he’s behind)
That's ok, Sam Taylor will have him in his pocket anyway.

Why would be have in a prime time spot on Friday night - a game between a finalist and a mon-finalist?

Oh thats right, two Vic teams. Colour me surprised.

They won’t be getting 90k at the G if Essendon isn’t playing for a finals spot. GWS do your job and knock them off the week before (after losing to Port this week).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back