List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Assuming there's no other moving parts or players going the other way, I would have thought/hoped the ballpark is in the region of:

Norf: Henry and Pick 40 for Pick 16
Aints: Henry and Picks 21 and 52 for Picks 13 and 32
Hawks: Henry and Pick 52 for Pick 22
Hawks dont have 22

Assuming there's no other moving parts or players going the other way, I would have thought/hoped the ballpark is in the region of:

Norf: Henry and Pick 40 for Pick 16
Aints: Henry and Picks 21 and 52 for Picks 13 and 32
Hawks: Henry and Pick 52 for Pick 22

Hawthorn traded 22 (and 41) to Sydney last year. They have 3, 29, 48. If he nominates Hawthorn then we won't get much. Might even accept a F2 and hope it will be better than 29.

A late second rounder is about the best i would expect for Henry. It would be nice to get a late first but that aint going to happen

Carlton: #14, #64, #70
Collingwood: #18, #33, #74
Essendon: #8, #27, #46
Geelong: #7, #81, #99
Hawthorn: #3, #29, #48
Melbourne: #5, #15, #24, #34
North: #2, #16, #39, #53
Richmond: #25, #44, #62
St Kilda: #13, #32, #51
Dogs: #10, #17, #36

I wonder if Geelong want him but need to also get more draft capital for this year, so:

Geelong trade #7 for Henry, #21 and #40

Classic social media pile up of average picks to buy great picks.

Hawthorn traded 22 (and 41) to Sydney last year. They have 3, 29, 48. If he nominates Hawthorn then we won't get much. Might even accept a F2 and hope it will be better than 29.
Brockman, 29, Hawks F3 > WCE 19, WCE F4

Note: 29 > 19 (pts value 49), but a valuable pick

19, F4 > Henry, 52, 58 (should we decide to run with 3 ND picks)

F4 (Freo) > Sharp

19, 21, 40

Hawks: lose Brockman, 29, F3, F4
Hawks: gain Henry, picks 52, 58 (pts they need) and WCE F4.

Value for us in relation to Henry is pick 28 but if we run with only 3 picks in ND then no real issues giving away the picks in the 50’s for points.

Last edited:
Brockman, 29 > WCE 19 (pts value 49)
Hawks might need to chuck in a Future pick.

F4 (Freo) > Sharp

19, 21, 40
I doubt Hawks are getting near pick 19 for Brockman, no matter how small an upgrade tbh. No incentive for WC to give them something that benefits Hawks at all

I doubt Hawks are getting near pick 19 for Brockman, no matter how small an upgrade tbh. No incentive for WC to give them something that benefits Hawks at all
I don't know why West Coast wouldn't use the PSD on Brockman.

If Adelaide can do it for a former first rounder in Hately, then they can do it on Brockman for sure.

Don’t think we are in the Running for Henry apparently the asking price was to high that was coming from 2 different people on our board
Fair enough.

Suppose it would also depend on what actually is happening with Bailey.

Carlton: #14, #64, #70
Collingwood: #18, #33, #74
Essendon: #8, #27, #46
Geelong: #7, #81, #99
Hawthorn: #3, #29, #48
Melbourne: #5, #15, #24, #34
North: #2, #16, #39, #53
Richmond: #25, #44, #62
St Kilda: #13, #32, #51
Dogs: #10, #17, #36

I wonder if Geelong want him but need to also get more draft capital for this year, so:

Geelong trade #7 for Henry, #21 and #40

Classic social media pile up of average picks to buy great picks.
Henry's overt reasoning is to get to Melbourne. The Geelong-lifestyle-thing doesn't fit. Plus, as you say, they've got not much to play with to boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Conners said on Gettable that Smith will be at the kennel next year.

Paul Connors was Dayne Beams' manager too when he was saying at Brisbane's B&F that he is staying with the Lions... then traded to Collingwood just a few weeks later as they had been working on since the middle of the season.

Not trying to put the wind up you over this, but wear nice undies.

Brockman, 29, Hawks F3 > WCE 19, WCE F4

Note: 29 > 19 (pts value 49), but a valuable pick

F4 (Freo) > Sharp

19, 21, 40

Hawks: lose Brockman, 29, F3, F4
Hawks: gain Henry, picks 52, 58 (pts they need) and WCE F4.

Value for us in relation to Henry is pick 28 but if we run with only 3 picks in ND then no real issues giving away the picks in the 50’s for points.

Seems pretty complicated when Hawthorn could just give us #29 for Henry and take #54 (maybe #38 if they are lucky) for Brockman.

That's fair enough, I'm assuming that croft isn't picking you then?

Feel like you'll have a teen pick that you could swap for points

Not sure you'll have enough to get up to gc pick 4
I think they have enough but GC would be dumb to do that trade. They should be able to do things that benefit them better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back