Resource 2023 Membership Thread (51,084 members, our new record)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it's sneaky I get an email every year notifying me that my membership will renew on a specific date and what the first instalment will be.
I'm sure the system isn't 100% perfect and some members may not get this email or it go through to junk mail.

Just call the club and say what's happened I'm sure they can fix it, they've always been really helpful when I've contacted them.

Maybe I was unlucky but I got nothing before it, no email, sms or anything. Even now it's been paid I didn't get any sort of notification email or sms.

I agree, they have always been great when I've phoned them.

Maybe I was unlucky but I got nothing before it, no email, sms or anything. Even now it's been paid I didn't get any sort of notification email or sms.

I agree, they have always been great when I've phoned them.
Disappointing, hopefully it’s just a one off.

I approached the club earlier this year to have the automatic renewal stopped, which it did. But I found that when I went onto the membership site last Sunday that there is no capability to switch or edit your plans. It only allows you to renew your existing plan and add on the AFLW membership for an extra $75. So at least while online I was able to book a phone call from the Membership Department at a designated time the following day when I knew that I wouldn't be busy. They did call right on time and I was able to have my 2023 Membership renewal sorted in two minutes. My old 11 game plan wasn't working for me as I wasn't going to all home games anymore per season having only made it to three this year, so I at least signed up for a 5 Game Package for next year to see how I go. I'm still not crystal clear what the $40 Arden Fund contributes to, I guess it pays for Club facilities and supersedes the old Box-on Fund which was used to pay down club debt.

On the subject of debts, I know that the club reported eliminating the final debt last year, has the club released its financial report yet for this year or will that be later in the year? I'd be fascinated to know what effect the performance on the field throughout the season had. We obviously know that crowds were really down, although membership went up. So it would be interesting to see if we still managed t at least break even.

Last edited:

Wish I knew about the auto renewal and they took the full amount for me and the boy.

Was planning to upgrade and pay monthly. Pretty annoying

Did you not receive an email as per below? Got this email about it on the 28th September.

1666923367417.png

Shocked to be sitting here mate, trust me only a rusted-on north nuffy would put up with some of the service I've copped from membership and merchandise in the last 3 decades.

But this wasn't just ordinary good service, it was next-level above-and-beyond type stuff. Best I've had from anyone this year.
Excellent work OP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My membership envelope arrived today:
Membership card that can actually be used 👍👍 and a lanyard 👍
One sticker 😬
And a blank fixture sans magnet 😳
It feels like everything is right in the world again. I know mobile memberships are the modern way but nothing beats an actual membership card and lanyard :)

You could choose between a souvenir membership card (no barcode) or one with a barcode.
Ahh now that you mention that I am almost certain I remember doing just that. Ahh well, I am happy with digital anyway.

Once again the membership dept letting people down.
Its not hard to get membership packs right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back