2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

which player you want richmond to select in the mid season draft

• Luke Teal - 19 year old 190cm 85kgs smart HBF Tigga replacement

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Mutaz El Nour - 22 year old 192cm 85gks 3rd tall defender Nathan Broad replacement

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Tyreece Leiu - 20 year old 195cm 93kgs KP Defender Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Ethan Phillips - 24 year old KP Defender Another Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Archie May - 21 year old KPF /Ruck 198cm 94kgs Never can have enough Rucks that can play foward

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Archie Lovelock - 18 year old Mid /Small Foward 179cm 75kgs missed out last year playing glenelg

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Liam McBean - 28 year old 202cm 100kgs Small Foward shows enormous potential as a castagna replace

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other - Name in a post

Votes: 18 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kallan Dawson who the Roos took at pick 2, 2022 is an intercept defender.

Wade Derksen(GWS) and Sebit Kuek(Freo) were the 2 key forwards taken last year. And if you haven't heard of them, join a queue longer than the 5 Blues supporting arabs encountered when they lined up at gate 3 to get their bobble-head Carton players as part of their membership package. They complained the queues were so long due to the utter disgrace of Essendon supporters also lining up to get Carlton bobble heads. :tearsofjoy:
Must have been another one of the supp drafts.

I think you’re talking about Jacob Edwards who is closer to being delisting than a debut
Yesss thats him, was being touted as a top 30 pick in the ND the year after and the media were gushing.

…of the possible KPF available in the mid season draft….Jayden Hunter slotted 4 goals (from 10) for burners vfl game v blooze last week

was a pivotal focus up forward, presented well…not sure he’ll get a go in the seniors soon because they seem to have a few KPF

I really think most of you are all overlooking a vital piece of information - the Richmond tax! This applies not only to the number of games suspension a Richmond player will receive, but also the number of free kicks allowable for a person wearing the yellow and black. o_O :think::'(

So basically it's a complete waste of time wondering, wailing, and finger pointing at our recruiting staff because regardless of who was selected, once they pull on the jumper and the Richmond tax is applied, 🎯 and they will never get the opportunity to shine as much as they might do at other clubs. :(

Kallan Dawson who the Roos took at pick 2, 2022 is an intercept defender.

Wade Derksen(GWS) and Sebit Kuek(Freo) were the 2 key forwards taken last year. And if you haven't heard of them, join a queue longer than the 5 Blues supporting arabs encountered when they lined up at gate 3 to get their bobble-head Carton players as part of their membership package. They complained the queues were so long due to the utter disgrace of Essendon supporters also lining up to get Carlton bobble heads. :tearsofjoy:
Derkeson gws has been killing it at VFL , avg 16p 5 marks kicked 20G can’t get a look in ,,,get him to tigerland

Given that we have managed to pick up only two really good kpf’s in the last 30 odd years of main drafts and one of those was Matthew Richardson who was a father son gift that we couldn’t refuse, it’s not like we are statistically or historically so successful in the main draft that we can justify not using every other means available
Picking a kpf requires a lot of luck so the more chances you have the more likely you are to succeed. And like I said before the msd is a free shot with not reason not to try. If we only pick up two every 30 years we will be as successful in the msd as we have been in the main draft
Jay Schulz was a great pick too, if only we had moved Richo to the wing earlier, so Sergeant could Terry Wallace would have been our next premiership coach lol
I tried to convince myself that these blokes in Buller and hunter wouldn’t be any better than our talls at VFL ,,,,on debut 5G and 4G and a s**t ton of marks ,,,,Fmd
I can understand taking Coulthard at 4 and missing Hunter but Buller has 50 games of state league football at over a goal a game, and we take another HBF in Trezise to go along with Banks Brown and Bauer who really is same as Brown ... Staggering tbh

I tried to convince myself that these blokes in Buller and hunter wouldn’t be any better than our talls at VFL ,,,,on debut 5G and 4G and a s**t ton of marks ,,,,Fmd
In the state leagues which is what they were already doing, let's wait and see how the do in the big show before we start declaring Fiora over Pavlich 2.0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jay Schulz was a great pick too, if only we had moved Richo to the wing earlier, so Sergeant could Terry Wallace would have been our next premiership coach lol

I can understand taking Coulthard at 4 and missing Hunter but Buller has 50 games of state league football at over a goal a game, and we take another HBF in Trezise to go along with Banks Brown and Bauer who really is same as Brown ... Staggering tbh
Buller hasn't touched it yet

Buller hasn't touched it yet
Got that in just in time, is playing AFL this week, only kicked 5.4 against Zebras last week.

If you want to see how our boys stack up, we are playing the Zebras at Punt Rd tomorrow

... doubt any of them will have a 3rd Q like this ...

4 goals and 16 pos in one quarter

Jeez Jack Buller really grabbed that match by the scruff of its neck. o_O
He’s awful. Old style full forward who relies on a lead and open paddock in front of him. Ain’t going to happen in the modern era with flooding back and filling the space. His other issue he can’t jump so he won’t take many contested marks unless he’s on a small guy. His tank is barely vfl level and he was puffed out by half time.

He’s awful. Old style full forward who relies on a lead and open paddock in front of him. Ain’t going to happen in the modern era with flooding back and filling the space. His other issue he can’t jump so he won’t take many contested marks unless he’s on a small guy. His tank is barely vfl level and he was puffed out by half time.

OK we can give our recruiters a tick for leaving him out of our shopping cart then.

Sydney have only taken him it seems because they were desperate for key position players in the immediate term. Hopefully Buller enjoyed his final game of AFL footy. Go see the girls in the front office Jack, they have your final pay ready for you. All the best for the future and thank you for your service.

So that leaves one realistic alternative KPF we could have taken in the MSD, and it would have to have been with our first pick....let's see how he goes if he gets a game.

Back