Analysis 2023 NAB Rising Star Watch

Which of our eligible players will get a nomination?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
From my calcs, the players listed in the poll are our eligible players for the Rising Star this year.

Eligibility is:

Who is eligible?

To be eligible for the AFL Rising Star Award, each year's nominated players must be under the age of 21 at 1 January and have played no more than 10 AFL games to the start of that season.

They must not have been suspended by the AFL or State League tribunals during the season (as with the Brownlow Medal, players found guilty of certain offences and fined or reprimanded by the Tribunal remain eligible to win the award).

I'd have thought that Borlase and Newchurch would be too old, but no. Born 3 days apart in July 2002.

Curious that Pedlar is the only one of our AFL capped players that is eligible in one of the youngest/least experienced AFL teams.

However, players Soligo, Rachele, Cook and Worrell would all be eligible if they had spent a few extra games in the seconds, which I think is a good thing.

Not sure about rising star, but the 22 Under 22 side is where I'd expect to see some representation this year.

Berry, Schoenberg, Soligo and Rachele would be our leading candidates.

Pedlar and Thilthorpe maybe next year.

Back