Preview 2023 National Draft Preview Thread [currently: #2, #14 (PA), #19 (PP) #40, #52, #60]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You come here to antagonise at least the other guy was up for a conversation
I'm always up for a conversation, just funny reading your posts convincing yourself that he adamantly doesn't want to leave Victoria and if he does he will return home ASAP. A lot of clutching at straws going on. We have the best retention in the league and if he comes over it is more likely than not that he stays. You guys have a great draft hand anyway so I'm not sure why you need to worry about Reid so much, we will both do well out of this draft.

Start with:

2023: 2, 3, 14, 19, 40, 52, 60

2024: F1, PP1, PP2, F2, F3, F4

Trade PP1 & PP2 to GC once they acquire WB pick 10. GC will need points next year as the have Leo Lombard and a few others that will once again be taken in the top 30.

Pick 52 for Dylan Stephens

Pick 40 & Pick 60 for GC Pick 35. Pick 35 to Carlton for Zac Fisher.

Future 3rd to GC for Mabior Chol

Trade Pick 10 to GWS for Pick 6 and Hayes Salary dump.

Go to the future drafts with:

2023: 2,3,6,14 & 19.

2024: F1, F2 & F4.

Pick 2: Curtin
Pick 3: McKercher/Watson
Pick 6: Caddy/O’Sullivan
Pick 14: Wilson/Windsor/Freijah
Pick 19: Edwards/Reid/Schoenmaker
Rookie 1: Ethan Phillips

2023 ins: Stephens, Fisher, Chol, Haynes, Curtin, McKercher, Caddy, Wilson, Edwards & Ethan Phillips

2024 still have F1, F2, F4.

Would be nice to grab an F1 and try our luck with another death ride though.

Two first gets the party started for any high profile trade targets.

Is this about Harley? When did Caro say this
On footy classified a when we were into those last few rounds.
She said something like it’s the worst kept secret, he doesn’t want to go and he is telling everyone he doesn’t want to go.

Again. I didn’t make this up, but I’m sure a wc poster will explain the dynamics of what she said, and what she ‘actually’ meant to say, which was probably that Harley really wants to go to WA and as far as they know, their are no similarities what so ever between Jason Horne Francis and this case.

In fact Jason’s was a once off event caused by an unsafe environment provided by nmfc. He actually loved Melbourne and wanted to thrive in the city.

That’s probably what they’ll say…

I'm always up for a conversation, just funny reading your posts convincing yourself that he adamantly doesn't want to leave Victoria and if he does he will return home ASAP. A lot of clutching at straws going on. We have the best retention in the league and if he comes over it is more likely than not that he stays. You guys have a great draft hand anyway so I'm not sure why you need to worry about Reid so much, we will both do well out of this draft.

Until Jason Snake Francis we hadn’t lost anyone we wanted to keep for as long as I can remember. So let’s not act like that actually matters. There’s always a first…

An interview with Reid today where he speaks about potentially coming to Perth.

I have no doubt once he gets here he’ll be fine and will never leave.

I just don’t see how you guys can call him a flight risk when he has done nothing or said nothing to prove that he is, we’ve also been in consistent contact with his camp as well.
You really seem like you're trying to convince yourself, more than you're trying to convince us.

Until Jason Snake Francis we hadn’t lost anyone we wanted to keep for as long as I can remember. So let’s not act like that actually matters. There’s always a first…
True but most players aren't snakes either. Arguing with senior players, refusing to do what is required during recovery sessions etc. The guy was as immature as they come, nothing Harley has done or said has indicated he is anything like JHF.

Fair enough, but lets see what 'best case' Reid rebuttal looks like:

F19, F20 for 10.

1 for 2 & 10

Draft 1, 3, 14, 19

1) Reid,
3) Mckercher,
14) Mitch Edwards / James Leake / Murphy
19) Joel Freijah/Archie Roberts/Luamon Lual/Archer Reid

Holes also filled.

Difference Reid v Curtin. Losing opportunity to catch Caddy if slides.
This looks great except for pick #19 Archie Roberts. Most of his stats come from kick ins and I don’t know what his weapon is. Lual is a great intercept mark and loves to tackle. Reminds me of Quaynor.

True but most players aren't snakes either. Arguing with senior players, refusing to do what is required during recovery sessions etc. The guy was as immature as they come, nothing Harley has done or said has indicated he is anything like JHF.

I think the point is North hasnt had a patch of form this bad since the 1930s, and West Coast 22/23 is the worst in your history. Once upon a time the rock star life you live playing for the Eagles in W.A made it a closed shop during trade week and there was a unique, intangible cult-like team spirit that saw us retain players that would have been better off financially and careerwise going elsewhere.
But things have changed for both our mobs.

No doubt the assistance package has been formulated to assist West Coast and Gold Coast.

AFL know Reid is a flight risk and has already voiced his preference. We then had to endure Will Schofield's fat mouth...its a serious concern.

Wish we had the balls to not want to trade for Reid. My gut feel is WC wont pick him.

Which other teams are serious about paying the Kings ransom for Reid? Melbourne?
Agree with you.

I hope Brady calls their bluff with pick one. I have no doubt that they would like Reid but are considering the flights risk. Curtin would be so handy for them and is the safer option.

If they trade pick one to anyone but us, we take Curtin and they miss out on both.

He fills a need for us too so we lose nothing really. The only way we lose is if we pay overs for pick #1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting Reid has been looking at rentals in Kensington
Any of those weagles fans here - if you know anyone with that has weagles stuff with Harleys signature, I’ll buy it.
They will be collectors items

Holes also filled.
Pixel Pokemon GIF

lol @ that interview with Reid. He absolutely doesn't want to go west and you know what, thats okay. He strikes me as the kinda kid that will pull his sleeves up and get stuck into it once there though.
There’s a difference between not wanting to go, and flat out refusing to go.

Doubt he’s be silly enough to do the latter.

lol @ that interview with Reid. He absolutely doesn't want to go west and you know what, thats okay. He strikes me as the kinda kid that will pull his sleeves up and get stuck into it once there though.
He will be like Nathan Buckley did with Brisbane...Honor his contract then move ..

I wanted to keep greenwood

You also ignored the whole article which literally describes how much his local community means to him and how he'd like to continue to be involved in it as much as possible. You can't do that over zoom.

You can’t do that with you guys either, you do realise he lives hours away from any Melbourne based club lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back