Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyTom De KoningDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Alex CincottaMatthew CottrellCaleb Marchbank
Jesse Motlop
Emergencies:Lachie CowanPaddy DowZac Fisher
Lewis Young

Today is game day. "To be is to do." Socrates. "To do is to be." Jean-Paul Sartre. "Do be do be do." Frank Sinatra.
At the end of the day, when all is said and done, more is said than done.

I want to see some ******* VERBS today. On the field. In action.

Beat
Smash
Crush
Kill

For example.

Cheers.

Would've rather we play Young instead of Pitto. TDK has been in career best form as the no.1 ruckman in the past few weeks so it'll be interesting to see how squeezing in Pitto works.

IMO TDK is the better forward and the better ruck...but both are limited forwards. I see it something like:

Ruck rankings: TDK 9 > Pitto 8 > JSOS 4

Forward rankings: JSOS 7 > TDK 4 > Pitto 2

So by my non-scientific estimations, we're going from a 16 to a 12.
But with JSOS out as a forced change, the alternative as a second tall would be..... Lewis Young, who'd have to be around a 2 up forward putting it nicely. So 12 < 11 by your calculations. Best of a rough situation.

Docherty to play the Walsh role in the middle.

Dow as sub, he's been one of the better subs I've seen since the rule has been around in terms of coming on and having an impact.

A lot hinges on who replaces the injured stars and how well they play. TDK for McKay/Silvagni and Docherty for Walsh. Hollands effectively for Docherty.

It's not a bad side, Backline is still strong. Midfield is OK, borderline too slow again with a few sore bodies and no Walsh and Hewett in for Kennedy. I trust Marchbank. Forward line is the one which has been kicking the goals, TDK needs to play well, mostly he needs to bring the ball to ground and kick straight.

Think we can still do this.

One of the most interesting games of the season. The clear best team in the AFL V the red hot in form team which has been blowing it's opposition away by heaps every week. Two big rivals, Carlton with a new game plan. It's a big interesting game.

A win for us would be huge. Means we play finals, means there's a new premiership contender, means we are the real deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back