Autopsy 2023 Round 1 DRAW. Ugly Blues still can't close out games

Who played well for the Blues in Round 1 vs the Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fisher and Silvagni literally got all the possession and goals in the first qrt
And literally didn't absolutely nothing for the rest of the game
Jack Martin has to be the most over hyped player in the history of the game his should be delisted immediately

LOB, you are not a rookie anymore. It’s your job to hit a target there! Control, patience ffs

Hard to hit a target when your teammate constantly loses his footing.

What boots is H wearing? Never seen a player lose his footing more than H.

McKay needed to trust LOB to hit him there, or Motlop needed to hold it up. Both scenarios = Carlton win.

Good game regardless, I’m not devastated but I am frustrated.

We’ve found one in Cowan. Hollands is a running machine and will do better in smaller games when there isn’t 90k screaming fans.

The great?
Hewett, Harry, Cripps, Doc, Young

The good?
Charlie, Motlop, Gov, Weiters, Saad, Newman

The bad?
Fisher, Martin, Owies

Lots to like, lots to work on too.

+2 is better than 0

Cripps didn't turn up until the last quarter. Not great at all.

Saad and McGovern were terrible tonight.

I don’t like our strategy to allow them to kick it 20-30m repeatedly, it might be buying us time to get back but it didn’t cause we didn’t. Stop the easy outs

Buckley has been extremely negative about carlton all preseason so no big surprises there.

I think that what he said was actually complimentary. To play like s**t and not lose (despite the choke goal) is a positive sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What. Was. LOB. Thinking. Needed to kick 1-2 bounces earlier. Harry was out. FAAAARRRRRR OOUUUTTTT
I feel there's more chance you were at the game than some of the other posters for some reason (and can therefore back up the "FAAARR OOOUUTT"), but I will say LOB didn't exactly have great control of the ball moments before he actually kicked it

You can say all you want about how stupid we were tonight and coughed it up again.

Inside 50’s 66-45.

It’s the right result on the whole game.

Now onto the players who should never put on a Carlton guernsey again.

Martin/Owies.

Now onto tonight’s dumb players:
McGovern/LOB/Acres/Saad

Brutal but true.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plenty of teams win games they don’t deserve because they’re not filled with fragile peanuts.

I know. But we are, so I guess we take the 2 points.

Lewis Young’s last marking contest was deplorable. Saad autocorrects to sad. Appropriate.

Garbage,same bombing the ball in and it goes to ground we are nowhere to be seen.
Owies not good enough to play afl imo,Young looked good and if umpires paid the frees to charlie we win.

It's like there is a competition going on here to see who can make the biggest over reaction.

In the pre game thread there were so many going on about how good the tigers were. They were $1.60 favorites. We should have won but we didn't lose.

No one tonight is the worst player in the league. Surely everyone knows that we'll get better than tonight.

P.S. BOLTON IS THE BIGGEST DUCKER IN THE LEAGUE.

So explain to us all what our game plan is then...

Back