Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I dream it or did Himmelberg state he was keen to go to GWS? Or was that from GWS?

What happened there, we secured Burgess so why did we not let the Great dragon charge to the lovely streets of West Sydney?
No Golfing Video ....so can't confirm

And the club sock puppets on here tell us no one wants to come to SA (whilst Port bring in players every year).
I mean, we could bring in BZT and Esava type players. But they are no good. Alliir the best player Port has brought in but wasnt hugely rated at the time, maybe Dixon next. Would rather we focus on actually good players.

Is Soldo such a great get, I'd have him serviceable at best.
For mine Visentini has showed he's going to be a better ruck than both Soldo and Sweet in the not too distant future so can't say I see this as great strategy.

Seems strange to bring both in, you'd think both would have been sold the no.1 ruck spot.

That 2nd round pick coming from freo could be a good pick next year too.

I'm also not saying straight swap for Himmelberg...we'd probably want something back
Sorry, I don’t know where you get this baseless idea from? We don’t know what our final offer was, or even if it were the same, lower or higher than Melbourne’s offer

As you rightly say, we had the cash but we don’t know what we did offer or how much it increased from our first offer; other than it did
I am sure he thinks our offer to Macadam was minimum chips

An unbalanced list will have Soldo, Sweet, Hayes, Visentini, Scully, K.Marshall…all over 200cm. Lycett TBC.

Dixon, Boak, McKenzie all coming to the end.

Clearly boom or bust. A significant injury to Rozee or Butters next season and it will derail overnight.
While I dont believe Port are deliberately ahead of the curve - the trend will be towards the bigger players with athletic skills - question is do they?

The Collingwood 6 footer has been replaced by the 2020s 200cm footer

I think this is right.
We went for A grade players. Day, Redman, Oliver, Petty. Didn’t get them but it’s pretty hard to dislodge a player like that.
They went for second string players.
Which simply says PORT have to bring in discards, because their Drafting & List Management has failed ......the list is unbalanced ... quality wise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So ...you're saying we should target poor players, because they're easier to get ....gotcha
Is that your interpretation of what I said? Good to see you’ve overcome your comprehension issues, not.

So….you’re saying unless they are players with multi year contracts they are poor players…..gotcha.

The fact you even got likes for your issues is quite surprising

Geelong? Who will lose Esava? Who he doesn't rate? What else have they lost?
GEEL were old & decrepit last year .....they've done nothing to refresh the list with youth ......no Ruck, Ceglar retired (strange trade?), Isaac Smith, a key driver in 2023 retired .....now Esava gone

Key pillars in Danger, Hawkins, and Duncan ....will be lucky to get thru the 2024 season .....can't make the 8

Which simply says PORT have to bring in discards, because their Drafting & List Management has failed ......the list is unbalanced ... quality wise
Or that it's difficult to get players to come to SA. They either have to be not that good, originally from here, or massively overpaid (and even then it's difficult). Port and Crows have different solutions to the problem, but it is the same problem

GEEL were old & decrepit last year .....they've done nothing to refresh the list with youth ......no Ruck, Ceglar retired (strange trade?), Isaac Smith, a key driver in 2023 retired .....now Esava gone

Key pillars in Danger, Hawkins, and Duncan ....will be lucky to get thru the 2024 season .....can't make the 8
Refresh the list with youth = go to the draft
The trade period is no longer the sandbox they are playing in, will be rebuilding for a couple of years

Or that it's difficult to get players to come to SA. They either have to be not that good, originally from here, or massively overpaid (and even then it's difficult). Port and Crows have different solutions to the problem, but it is the same problem
It means PORT's Drafting has been suspect .....outside Rozee / Butters .....where are the ticks ?

To compensate, Port have to trade excessively

Barely second string in some cases
I don't mind what they have done (are doing) in this period. They have a ruck and KPD weakness and have gone about trying to address it.

Structurally, Ratugolea has the size to take the big key forward leaving Alir to play intercept which is what they would have wanted. Lycett was on 1 leg and their other rucks are raw and largely untried so getting 2 guys in that are in the right age bracket for not much is ok.

Where it could badly unravel is if they lose Butters or Rozee to injury and lose midfield dominance as you would not think any new player they bring in is going to be able to close the floodgates if they open. and they drop right down the ladder and their F1 they split ends up being a top 10 pick in a SA heavy strong midfield draft as its being called this far out

Prefer their last 15 years over ours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back