Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in for getting Daniel if he's cheap.
Particularly as we are likely to have plenty of list spots to fill this year & wouldn't harm to have some quality experienced players.

So we are both chasing Hayward and Perryman potentially.

If we had to chose one out of Perryman or Hayward, which one are we taking?
Probably Hayward as he is a FA.

Particularly as we are likely to have plenty of list spots to fill this year & wouldn't harm to have some quality experienced players.
I wouldn’t mind us doing what Essendon did last year and bring in multiple helpful players. Daniel, Perryman and Hayward for instance would all pretty easily slot into the 22

So is Perryman (unrestricted)

Hayward is restricted
Then the answer is go after both hard as both would improve us.

Perryman slightly more of a need.

One I hope doesn’t happen… apparently Tom Morris said last night us, Port and WCE are keen on Jack Graham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably Hayward as he is a FA.
Makes me think we should wait another 12months for Petty and play the long game here, there is no rush, we are NOT playing Finals in 2025 and even if we did, there is no way we are going deep into September.

Makes me think we should wait another 12months for Petty and play the long game here, there is no rush, we are NOT playing Finals in 2025 and even if we did, there is no way we are going deep into September.
Yep - Petty was going to be the cream on our 2025 finals tilt after we made the lower reaches of the 8 this year

If you think this year is a blip Petty will still not be your man to take us deep next year

We are getting linked to every FA this year, I wonder if it is all accurate or just the journos guessing as usual as they know we plan to be active at trade time.
Lock in B Eddie

Clickbait -
1. they know we dont respond
2. Silvers said we will be aggressive

Probably not, but I think he is more effective at setting up play with short kicks than a long bomb from Sholl down the line
A lot of Bulldog supporters get super frustrated at his in ability to kick more than 25m and hit a target. I don't watch him closely enough or the dogs to really comment. Just an interesting complaint I've seen on social media.

I was one of the first people on these boards to question Sholl becoming Atkins 2.0 when everyone was still in love with him. Ironically I'm now one of the people who thinks there's something to work with there IF he follows the Seedsman model & bulks up. Clearly finds the ball well, more power & he just might come good. It'ss not like Seed was amazing until the later parts of his career. I'm not sure why he hasn't been ordered to put on kgs in a serious way.

A lot of Bulldog supporters get super frustrated at his in ability to kick more than 25m and hit a target. I don't watch him closely enough or the dogs to really comment. Just an interesting complaint I've seen on social media.

I was one of the first people on these boards to question Sholl becoming Atkins 2.0 when everyone was still in love with him. Ironically I'm now one of the people who thinks there's something to work with there IF he follows the Seedsman model & bulks up. Clearly finds the ball well, more power & he just might come good. It'ss not like Seed was amazing until the later parts of his career. I'm not sure why he hasn't been ordered to put on kgs in a serious way.
I dunno about Daniel.

The last couple of years his disposal and decision making have deteriorated significantly. Personally I wouldn’t pursue him unless he was dirt cheap and just hope a change of scenery turns him around

Seed had genuine line-breaking speed and booming kick. Two things Sholl doesn’t have?

We should be aiming for two of Hayward / Perryman / Cumming via FA this off-season.

I don’t mind Caleb Daniel but as said, it needs to be on the cheap. Third rounder at absolute most.

Our first pick this year needs to be reserved for Sid Draper.

My query with Daniel is not his playing ability, but how much longevity he has left in him. His best years are well behind him, and his 2024 stats are almost 50% down on what he was producing previously.

I would be very cautious about spending much draft capital on a player who is close to the end of their career, and is already showing signs of being on a downward trajectory. He was a gun player in his prime, but now I would probably only offer a 3rd-4th round pick, and I'd be thinking hard before giving up the 3rd rounder.

Remember - we're trading for what he'll offer us in the future, both in years of service, and output on the paddock. We're not trading for what he's achieved in the past, when he was an absolute gun.
I think he offers experience in a backline still years from maturity. Additionally, our backline at full strength is quite tall. There could be room for someone smaller to take care of the Stengel types all teams have one of.
I always thought he was well regarded for his kicking and passing. Once again, our backline could do with more players like this.

He won't be a star player but he surely improves us at this point of our development.

I think he offers experience in a backline still years from maturity. Additionally, our backline at full strength is quite tall. There could be room for someone smaller to take care of the Stengel types all teams have one of.
I always thought he was well regarded for his kicking and passing. Once again, our backline could do with more players like this.

He won't be a star player but he surely improves us at this point of our development.
Could be what Laird or Brown were when in defense except better disposal. Has his form dipped this year, haven't heard much of him lately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back