Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tidbits I've heard from my only source in AFL club land
  • LDU won't leave Victoria, Saints, Carlton and Essendon would be frontrunners if he left North
  • Still thinks Hayward and Luckosius would leave for the right money
  • No idea why we would have interest in Yeo
  • Very likely to take Toby Murray in the MSD if he's available (he's been told to put the queue in the rack so other clubs don't come sniffing) - more a forward than ruck, but rates his ruck work highly
  • Says we need to play Dowling soon or he will leave, other clubs are tracking him closely - spent a heap of time on the leg press in the off season to build some kicking power
  • If we are looking at young rucks from other clubs, prefers Jack Verall at Melbourne over Henry Smith at the Lions
  • Other clubs laughed at the subbing of Curtin at half time last week
  • Says that Nicks is too risk adverse as a coach and backs in honest battlers or out of form senior players for far too long, we should be preferencing time into Curtin, Dowling, Taylor and Ryan at AFL level
  • Also thinks that Pedlar is the type to read too much media and get a big head if there's a bit of praise for him, sees that as a big reason why he's had a poor start to the year (there were reports in pre season of his fitness not being up to scratch either, which feeds into that poor form)

• LDU won't leave Victoria, Saints, Carlton and Essendon would be frontrunners if he left North
  • Very likely to take Toby Murray in the MSD if he's available (he's been told to put the queue in the rack so other clubs don't come sniffing) - more a forward than ruck, but rates his ruck work highly
  • Says we need to play Dowling soon or he will leave, other clubs are tracking him closely - spent a heap of time on the leg press in the off season to build some kicking power
  • If we are looking at young rucks from other clubs, prefers Jack Verall at Melbourne over Henry Smith at the Lions
  • Says that Nicks is too risk adverse as a coach and backs in honest battlers or out of form senior players for far too long, we should be preferencing time into Curtin, Dowling, Taylor and Ryan at AFL level
  • Also thinks that Pedlar is the type to read too much media and get a big head if there's a bit of praise for him, sees that as a big reason why he's had a poor start to the year (there were reports in pre season of his fitness not being up to scratch either, which feeds into that poor form)
Jack Verall won't be coming back anytime soon.

Jack Verall won't be coming back anytime soon.
Doubt the Dees will let Will Verrall go after sinking 3 years development into him, ruckwork is OK but it's his athleticism and follow up work that's very good. Seems his tank is still a work in progress though which was abysmal at the draft combine in his draft year.

Gold - as have 99% of Crows BF posters.

Will Verrall?
Yea, Will Verall, my mistake there.

He originally wanted to get drafted to Sydney, but was pretty happy to end up in Melbourne too.

Doubt the Dees will let Will Verrall go after sinking 3 years development into him, ruckwork is OK but it's his athleticism and follow up work that's very good. Seems his tank is still a work in progress though which was abysmal at the draft combine in his draft year.
He's grown a bit too, listed at 199cm, but they reckon he's a bit past that height now.

You defended the Curtin subbing didn’t you?

So pretty much your contact agreed with the majority on here.

Last edited:
200.gif

Of Yeo, Tex and TT it's possible (maybe even probable) that no more than 1 of those 3 is on the park at any given time in 2025.

I would envision Yeo's situation looking most likely like the Gibbs one - a year left in him at most. At least we wouldn't be trading anything for him, but the opportunity cost is high unless we sign literally nobody else.

I think it's unlikely we take Yeo but interesting as a thought exercise mostly - what would you be willing to pay an ageing champion to play out his days with us as a way of bridging to the next generation of midfielders? The focus should really be on the "next generation of midfielders" part of that sentence rather than the "ageing champion" part. It's a path we've gone down before and it's failed us.
That's the scary thing about this, and why quite a few are justified at jumping at shadows.

We signed Gibbs to a multi-year, top-dollar contract (trading away a small fortune in picks) when most of us thought we were not dumb enough to do it. That was also rumored a long time in advance. It turned out, we were that dumb.

So yeah, if we offer a three year contract to Yeo, a guy with a recent history of injuries and fat-shamed by Kane Cornes last year when he was still in the middle of his big contract...

That's a sacking.

I tell you I wasn't laughing when we subbed him off - just terrible

Re: the Toby Murray part - he’s one of 24 players that’s undergone/undergoing a medical before the MSD, so that indicates interest from somewhere you’d think

I’d be very surprised if he’s not on our list in a week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: the Toby Murray part - he’s one of 24 players that’s undergone/undergoing a medical before the MSD, so that indicates interest from somewhere you’d think

Small pressure forward Kelsey Rypstra is an interesting one, poor kid did his ACL in his draft year when looking a draft chance.

Last edited:

Other than us because we'd have a fair idea re his medical history already.

That's the scary thing about this, and why quite a few are justified at jumping at shadows.

We signed Gibbs to a multi-year, top-dollar contract (trading away a small fortune in picks) when most of us thought we were not dumb enough to do it. That was also rumored a long time in advance. It turned out, we were that dumb.

So yeah, if we offer a three year contract to Yeo, a guy with a recent history of injuries and fat-shamed by Kane Cornes last year when he was still in the middle of his big contract...

That's a sacking.
Over in Perth this week with work.

This in todays West Australian:

$2.7MM deal on the table for 3 years heavily front ended ($1.3MM in first year)

IMG_0480.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back