Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chol anyone?

Hawthorn is the club which has shown the most early interest in Mabior Chol ahead of North Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane.
The Hawks are desperate to find another key position forward who can play ruck after the departure of Jacob Koschitzke to Richmond.

Chol is due around $425,000 a season for two more years but given the interest clubs might have to offer him three or even four seasons to secure his services.

Adelaide will likely find the price too high and the Roos’ interest is so far modest.

But while Chol’s efforts can fluctuate midgame he did kick 44 goals in 2022.

He would likely be available for a future second-rounder given the Suns have solved their cap issues but would get his deal off their books.

Herald Sun
Looks like we are chasing him pretty hard.

Give him say $500k a year for four years and a future second rounder to GC and that's a pretty low risk/low cost trade for a 44 goals a year Forward/Ruck IMOH.

Looks like we are chasing him pretty hard.

Give him say $500k a year for four years and a future second rounder to GC and that's a pretty low risk/low cost trade for a 44 goals a year Forward/Ruck IMOH.
Why would we give them a future second that’s likely to be around 23? Tigers got compo as a free agent (was delisted) of 39. 48 or F3 only should get it done

Why would we give them a future second that’s likely to be around 23? Tigers got compo as a free agent (was delisted) of 39. 48 or F3 only should get it done
You are right. I have been vehement in the Grundy draft thread that delisted FA don't get Compo( regarding James Jordon Compo) but I am wrong. Apparently they do.

Should that not mean, teams shoudl delist and relist more, especially KPP's who are still struggling. Surely that is a loophole.

If we had delisted Kosi earlier when he was OOC and if Tigers are giving him a decent contract now, we could be making bank.

Wouldn't that be reason enough to delist the likes of Ned Long or Jai Serong. We can then relist them on rolling 1 yr contracts and if they show progress and increase value enough that another club gives a decent contract. So may ways to trade for picks using salary dump.

For ex:
Sydney fans had put together a scenario where Demos pay Grundy's 100% salary and trade their pick 13 to Sydney in a Grundy move and in return Swans will pay James Jordan 800K for 3 yrs, so demons get pick 14 as compo pick. Demons can then keep their pick 25

Maybe we shoudl relist Jeka as rookie on the off chance Penny drops if other moves have not borne fruit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dog Racing GIF

Any trade for Nuaghton or Smith will start at pick 3 plus our F1 plus more, plus, plus, plus.

They are contracted players. The Dogs do not need to trade them.

Are we ready to hand these picks over??

That is the question. If you're gonna put down $1.2m a year for 6 years, you have to part with the picks.

Simple.
3,f1 and scrimshaw for Naughton and JUH and fix the problems straight away. Capitalise on the obvious disenchantment there.
Play Naughton as a defender as he wants to be. Blanck FB Sicily right side naughton left side marking everything. Mitchell impey CJ get the handballs and go with BMac in the wings too.
Play JUH as third forward as the selling point - you get third best defender. Lewis and ramsden 1 and 2 with DGB on the bench. Need small pressure forwards plus Breust next year.
Edit: OK figure it’s not enough interested in what we think we would need to add.

Oliver is just a social media rumour. Probably need to state that so everyone knows it’s a 1 in a 10000 chance of being true.

Stupid remark, I was one of the first if not the first to report Jaeger was leaving last year. It may not and probably won't happen, but I'm just passing on the info I get given.

I don't like Oliver as a player at all.

I reckon if you watched a video of just his 30 possessions you'd see that only 3 or 4 of them are the creative ones that he's got the reputation for. The rest are 1m handballs in traffic and most of them are very close to being throws. His kicking is just awful.

Chol anyone?

Hawthorn is the club which has shown the most early interest in Mabior Chol ahead of North Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane.
The Hawks are desperate to find another key position forward who can play ruck after the departure of Jacob Koschitzke to Richmond.

Chol is due around $425,000 a season for two more years but given the interest clubs might have to offer him three or even four seasons to secure his services.

Adelaide will likely find the price too high and the Roos’ interest is so far modest.

But while Chol’s efforts can fluctuate midgame he did kick 44 goals in 2022.

He would likely be available for a future second-rounder given the Suns have solved their cap issues but would get his deal off their books.

Herald Sun
If we are going after Chol much rather give up 29 than our future 2nd.

Our future second locks us out of trading a first if the option appears as well as it being massive overs.

At least with 29 it would get eaten by a McCabe bid so it’s not as bad despite being overs.

Chol very much feels like he peaked with his 44 goals last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back