Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get its overs but sometimes to get a player we really want you need to do it. It helped us secure 3 flags in a row getting Silk and Lake
Georgiades isn't quite Burgoyne or Lake though, is he? He could probably spell both names correctly, but that's about as close as he gets.

Wouldn't pay more then a late first early second for georgiades. He's still potential atm and couldn't break into a port team early this year that didn't have both Marshall and Dixon at times.

Wouldn't pay more than a third for Georgiades. Not taking him on with probably a whole first year out coming off an ACL.
This talk of First/Second is ridonculous.

Clarko/Wright at their worst, would struggle to justify an early 2nd...

I'd much prefer Georgiades to Riccardi. We are in a good position to trade our second round pick as a starting point this year as it will get eaten up by McCabe anyway.
All the communication coming out of Hawthorn suggests we're keen on hitting the draft hard again this year. However it works out, I imagine we'd want at least two inside the first two rounds.

This talk of First/Second is ridonculous.

Clarko/Wright at their worst, would struggle to justify an early 2nd...
You have to consider that clubs know what a players potential is and their talent. Also, that players who can play as a tall forward, have currency.

Yes he was playing SANFL when he did the knee, but there’s a good reason multiple clubs are still looking at him, which means we’re not going to get him super cheap.

Port will likely ask for a late 1st, and after haggling we’re likely going to need to pay a 2nd rounder of some description.

We had a significant go the last time he signed a contract.

Port would be crazy to let Georgiades go. Dixon is 32, playing injured and looks spent. Could be his last season.

If we are looking at Port forwards, I'd be going after Ollie Lord. Will be cheaper and doesn't come with an ACL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Georgiades isn't quite Burgoyne or Lake though, is he? He could probably spell both names correctly, but that's about as close as he gets.

Both had issues which raised eyebrows at time of recruitment. But together with Gunston, Gibson, Hale. Serious top ups which make the other fails easily forgettable

Sanders, McCabe, Georgiades and Pick 3 would be a very good off-season.

What would supercharge it is if we can get Whitfield in on the cheap and also trade into the top 8 with a future 1st.

Would appear we are prioritising riccardi over Georgiades (from the rumours).

Georgiades is likely a required player at Port so unlikely he’d be cheap even with an ACL. GWS have a few other tall options coming through.

If we looked at Port I’d be looking at someone like Sinn - a highly rated Vic junior who’s struggled and behind a few (if we think he’s a good) who port may give up if need to get other deals done . Not in an obvious position of need but talent is talent.

Also if we’re looking at Flanders would be be trying to squeeze out hollands as well? (How’s hollands as a junior talent vs this years Duursma?)

No way you trade Scrimshaw. He's only 24 and a solid medium-tall defender who moves well. We need to improve the guys around him. Sicily won't be around forever. Hardwick is solid as we know. Everyone else in defense are big ?s

Other than the obvs KPF missing to support Lewis, our defense is awful we need to improve it big time.
Scrimshaw is as big of a ? as anyone else, he is turning 25 and yet to cement his spot in a bottom 4 team. He has some strengths and at his best he is a real asset. We obviously aren't going to push him out the door but he is a long way from being off the trade list if a team came with a real offer and Scrimshaw was open to it.

If the club is trying to make DGB a forward and we also see Ramsden as a forward also are we going to run with 3 tall forwards with Lewis I wonder as it seems a bit tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back