Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we rate that player we will pay the price like we did for weddle
Weā€™d have to really rate the player highly to give up our F1.

Last year the trade made sense as McCabe was a big chance of eating up our F2 no matter where we finished. And ultimately at absolute worst we were going to be giving up pick 19.

Much bigger risk when itā€™s a potential top 5 pick we are giving up. Even if we think we will improve next year.

Weā€™d have to really rate the player highly to give up our F1.

Last year the trade made sense as McCabe was a big chance of eating up our F2 no matter where we finished. And ultimately at absolute worst we were going to be giving up pick 19.

Much bigger risk when itā€™s a potential top 5 pick we are giving up. Even if we think we will improve next year.
MM during the talking hawkā€™s interview mentioned we have a top 6 players we have our eyes on at #4.

If one of those 6 are available at the cats pick I could see us trading our future 1st. Especially if itā€™s a key position player.

MM during the talking hawkā€™s interview mentioned we have a top 6 players we have our eyes on at #4.

If one of those 6 are available at the cats pick I could see us trading our future 1st. Especially if itā€™s a key position player.
That would rely on the cats wanting to do that trade.

I could see us offering up our F1 for a player we rate in the top 5-6.

Need a team to want to do that trade though. Most teams want to trade a little later in the draft once the players they want are gone.

If the Doggies really have their heart set on Watson then it may be interesting if he is still on the board at our pick. They may offer us something silly on the niight to move from 5 to 4.
Yeah that ship has sailed. We are not slipping down the list here. We will take pick 4 and watson

Wouldnā€™t that all depend on whoā€™s there at pick 4 and 5? What if Watson and Durrsma are still there, Durrsma might be our preference therefore sliding back would make sense (if Doggies offered enough)
If Duursma and Watson are on the board Dogs wouldn't pay to move up.

Also, Dogs don't have anything to pay with. It was all traded to get pick 5

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our forward line only a couple of weeks ago looked average. Overnight itā€™s starting to take shape structure wise with options and throw in the Wiz or Dursma ā€¦ā€¦.. with the delivery from a quality young midfield group that bats deep I reckon we will surprise next season ā˜ļø
Yep, so they MUST prioritise key backs in the draft. We are extraordinarily thin back there. Iā€™m hoping Curtin is still available by pick 4 and they grab him. McKenzie says ā€˜talent over positional requirementsā€™, Curtin seems to fulfil both.

Wouldnā€™t that all depend on whoā€™s there at pick 4 and 5? What if Watson and Durrsma are still there, Durrsma might be our preference therefore sliding back would make sense (if Doggies offered enough)
Pretty sure the Dogs don't have anything else left to give. They traded picks 10, 17 + F1 just to get 4, 46 + 51. I really don't see what the confusion is hereā€¦ just take Watson and the 2 per game he'll bring and the 2 or so he'll set up. This is not even mentioning the fact that he'll end up being Breust's apprentice for the next 2 or so seasons which will be invaluable.

If Duursma and Watson are on the board Dogs wouldn't pay to move up.

Also, Dogs don't have anything to pay with. It was all traded to get pick 5

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
Yep they missed their opportunity with trading us Smith.

Enjoy Centrelink Bevo

robin-williams-mrs-doubtfire.gif

I might need this in writing TFP
If Watson is there at 4 or 5 and we have pick 4 or 5 I will be extremely surprised not to hear his name called out. You can never be 100% because if there hasn't been a Bid on Jed Walters then we will bid for him at that point.

Yep, so they MUST prioritise key backs in the draft. We are extraordinarily thin back there. Iā€™m hoping Curtin is still available by pick 4 and they grab him. McKenzie says ā€˜talent over positional requirementsā€™, Curtin seems to fulfil both.
Blanck to take the big boys still got Siss and Weddle when needed can play on taller athletic types ā€¦ā€¦.. Mitch gave him some valuable experience during the year eg) playing on Charlie Cunrow for a good reason perhaps. His versatility will be enormous for the coaches. And we can hopefully develop McCabe and Serong šŸ¤ž

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back