Player Watch 2024 Father-Son player watch - Ky Burgoyne and Ned Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That might advantage us. Port may prioritise his cousin Rome Burgoyne since his brother is already at the club, leaving the Hawks (and Ky) to make a decision.
Frankly if he isn’t making the SA squad, at this stage of the season he probably isn’t in the draft able category - which is no surprise, as he’s never been an elite junior.

Remember far more sons of AFL players are never AFL quality players than those that are.

Not too sure if Ky made the SA U/18 squad of 38 for this year’s championships…👀

He didn't, but Rome Burgoyne did.

There's a few father-son's in the list including the Camporeale twins.

Also when I first read the list I thought it said Average not Overage after Noah Howes. :laughv1: That's a bit harsh!

1712817516061.png

His services.
Which aren’t at this stage going to be anything better than a good local footballer, who might play SANFL.

Why would we use a F/S pick on a player who isn’t up to the standard required to be drafted?

Which aren’t at this stage going to be anything better than a good local footballer, who might play SANFL.

Why would we use a F/S pick on a player who isn’t up to the standard required to be drafted?
If they nominate us we just get them automatically with the last pick. I guess it comes down to like with Dear who nobody else was going to take do we think he's better than pick 79?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back