List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

My understanding from orthopaedic surgeons that I know is that there has been a shift towards 10 months being the new 12 months in terms of return to sport post ACL repair.
Possibly depends on the surgeon.

I remember there were a few articles written about Elijah Hollands when he was drafted, with his surgeon interviewed and explaining the ultra cautious and long time line for his recovery, was something like 15 or 18 months post surgery, when he was cleared to play.

I also think we can't expect Will to come back in and pick up where he left off.

It figures that we'll be super cautious with Will.
I’ve been saying that from the very outset. We saw this with both Rayner and Hipwood. Both took a long time to get back to where they were before their acl.

Given the amount of money in them I tend to view American sports as being the cutting edge of sports science and medicine (well, some teams). There's been a lot more ten month returns in the last few years there to the point where I thought it had become the new standard, i.e. if you do it in the first month of the season you'll be playing Round 1.

So NFL and basket ball.

Versus AFL which is higher impact, a 360 degree game with the need to both power and endurance.

10 months might be fine in those US sports but it doesn't come close to the demands of AFL IMO. In NFL they have two teams, a defense and an offence that spend half a game watching from the sideline.

To be fair, all my posts on your board were from before the season started and we forgot how to football.

And they were often replying to you or someone else asking a question, and more than a few about the academy might have been me poking you with a stick.

Well looks like your stick has turned 180 degrees and somewhat poked you back.:think:

Well looks like your stick has turned 180 degrees and somewhat poked you back.:think:
We still have access to Levi and our academy, so no need for a full bottom out, for us to rebuild.

Dont Look At Me Walking Away GIF by HULU

So NFL and basket ball.

Versus AFL which is higher impact, a 360 degree game with the need to both power and endurance.

10 months might be fine in those US sports but it doesn't come close to the demands of AFL IMO. In NFL they have two teams, a defense and an offence that spend half a game watching from the sideline.

Just clarifying, you think those athletes in America playing on their ACLs after 10 months are fine, but if they took to an AFL field they’d be substantially more likely to tear an ACL, and an additional two months is required in the AFL to offset this?

Just clarifying, you think those athletes in America playing on their ACLs after 10 months are fine, but if they took to an AFL field they’d be substantially more likely to tear an ACL, and an additional two months is required in the AFL to offset this?
Thank you for clarifying. Especially since the stresses on ACLs are definitely there seeing athletes cutting and changing direction, etc, at high speeds too. It's good to know AFL is a magic sport, the height of physical exertion. :D

Pretty much.

Rugby players seem to return earlier than AFL players. Heavily strapped knees. Especially forwards who run in straight lines more than changing direction.

AFL is a brutal sport on the knees. Stopping, jumping and landings. Propping and changing direction constantly.

So many more ways to reinjure a recovering knee joint.

Last edited:

Wouldn't mind for that stick to poke far enough and we land a pick ahead of Levi. Here's hoping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that we are the new bad boys of the AFL may as well throw Tarryn Thomas and Clarry onto the list at the end of the season. Embrace that outlaw image, Weagles style.

Now that we are the new bad boys of the AFL may as well throw Tarryn Thomas and Clarry onto the list at the end of the season. Embrace that outlaw image, Weagles style.

This was a tongue in cheek post but now I've put some thought into it, if you had to pick a midfield, not knowing of any future hi jinx, would you choose Oscar, Lachie, Dunkley and Clugga or would you go for the swagger of Gardner, Kerr, Cousins and Judd?

I guess my point is maybe it is time to introduce some mongrel into this team, but not necessarily the two names I mentioned.

Fully expect Fagan to continue topping up with mature aged recruits this off season as he's been doing every season since he's been in charge. We need a mini-reset and start developing youth in a similar manner that Port and now Cats are going through. Play the youth so they can get exposed to more than bit part jobs in the seniors ffs.

Fully expect him to try to bring in spuds like Taberner or Francis.

Fully expect Fagan to continue topping up with mature aged recruits this off season as he's been doing every season since he's been in charge. We need a mini-reset and start developing youth in a similar manner that Port and now Cats are going through. Play the youth so they can get exposed to more than bit part jobs in the seniors ffs.

We haven’t brought in too many spuds over his time.

Problem is he is not developing the youth in the senior side because he doesn't believe in them.

With a comment he made the other day we are pretty much going to go into the Kangaroos game with one or two changes, and the outs will be the known scapegoats.

My brother and I had 3 knee reconstructions each all prior to turning 23/24. Four non contact.

The length of time varies for each person really. It depends on how quickly the new graft can generate its blood supply. And of course a bit of luck. Particularly in your first year back.

Based on my experience proprioception was the most important rehab issue. I also think it depends on what graft you use. The patella tendon hasn’t failed for me but surgeons stay away from that now apparently because it’s more invasive than a quad or hammy graft.

In terms of its affect long term I wouldn’t say I’ve noticed it too much during games. I’ve also had half the meniscus out. It’s more its impact on the likelihood of getting soft tissue injuries that’s hurt me since.

Have pinged a hammy more times than I can remember. However being at the elite level there’s no reason why Doedee and Co can’t still play to their full capacity post ACL surgery’s. Just have to be patient and get through that first 12 months. Chances of reinjury after that would be smaller.

Problem is he is not developing the youth in the senior side because he doesn't believe in them.

With a comment he made the other day we are pretty much going to go into the Kangaroos game with one or two changes, and the outs will be the known scapegoats.
Maybe there is a reason for him not believing in them.
Or is it that he believes they are not as good as the players currently in the Senior team?
The team that took us to within 4 point of a Premiership last year.
We are now 3 games in to a new season, things are not looking real flash at the moment but you don’t lose complete confidence in the blokes that took us to a Granny in 3 games since.

Hahaha.
You're either clueless or an A grade troll.

Port Adelaide

IN

Thomas Anastasopoulos (No.48 draft pick), Lachlan Charleson (No.52 draft pick), Will Lorenz (No.57 draft pick), Esava Ratugolea (trade, Geelong), Ivan Soldo (trade, Richmond), Jordon Sweet (trade, Western Bulldogs), Xavier Walsh (Rookie Draft), Brandon Zerk-Thatcher (trade, Essendon)

:D

Last edited:
Hahaha.
Youre either clueless or an A grade troll.

Port Adelaide

IN

Thomas Anastasopoulos (No.48 draft pick), Lachlan Charleson (No.52 draft pick), Will Lorenz (No.57 draft pick), Esava Ratugolea (trade, Geelong), Ivan Soldo (trade, Richmond), Jordon Sweet (trade, Western Bulldogs), Xavier Walsh (Rookie Draft), Brandon Zerk-Thatcher (trade, Essendon)

:D
What you even on about bloke?

Ken has been in power for 10 years and were a kick away from a GF appearance in his first few years. Since then they have rebuilt their whole midfield for a start whilst staying very competitive. Why you just pick and choose? Be better this is just pathetic.

Back