2024 Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

First - going to keep this separate from the fixture discussion; hoping that unlike recent seasons that the fixture will be a bit more set & we can keep them as separate topics

Seems that 2023 Memberships are becoming bit of a discussion point just a matter of weeks after the completion of the 2022 season

We already know there's changes happening with the completion of Stage 5 due in the first half of next year - this has seen the Club getting on the front foot and wanting to make the new stand one that is Geelong member and fan focused. We've already been informed that the Cheersquad will be returning to their traditional home at the City End, while seat holders in the lower tier of the Players Stand were given the option of moving their seat to the new stand

Having a look through the Club's 2023 membership information, it reads like there's still details to be worked through, such as how many home matches in Geelong & Melbourne we'll have, will we have a little bit more interstate travel lined up etc, and my guess is that's going to be based around the progress of Stage 5

Hopefully we get answers to those questions soon, and then we can look forward to unfurling the 2022 Premiership Flag in front of the fans at home

Looks like the Melbourne based membership has been given the flick also. Hopefully that's not the case.

jim boy re your comment in the other thread I posted, I don't think you do get tickets to a game in your home state as an interstate member. You get "access" to tickets, not actual tickets. It's also very unclear on the 2023 membership page whether interstate members get actual tickets to any Victorian games or just "access" to tickets, the two are worded differently.

And it appears that no-one (including Victorian members) gets a hat or scarf, just a voucher that doesn't cover either in the shop.

If a mod wants to merge/move my earlier post into this thread about itnerstate memberships that'd be great...

Last edited by a moderator:

jim boy re your comment in the other thread I posted, I don't think you do get tickets to a game in your home state as an interstate member. You get "access" to tickets, not actual tickets. It's also very unclear on the 2023 membership page whether interstate members get actual tickets to any Victorian games or just "access" to tickets, the two are worded differently.

And it appears that no-one (including Victorian members) gets a hat or scarf, just a voucher that doesn't cover either in the shop.

If a mod wants to merge/move my earlier post into this thread about itnerstate memberships that'd be great...
Access = general admission access:

• Access a ticket to attend one Geelong Cats game in your home state in 2023*
  • General admission access to any three Geelong Cats home games in 2023*
  • General admission access can be upgraded to a reserved seat forindividual home games at the Member-only rate^

* Subject to availability and events beyond our control. Entry is subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed. Where ticket demand for a home match is expected to exceed stadium capacity, the game may be declared a ‘Reserved Seat Event’ and require members with General Admission access to upgrade their entry to a reserved seat. Tickets will be subject to availability, and additional fees and charges will apply.

^ Subject to availability. Additional fees and charges apply. Upgrade via eligible ticketing outlet at members reduced cost.

I don't think you do get tickets to a game in your home state as an interstate member. You get "access" to tickets, not actual tickets.
While I think it is clumsily and ambiguously worded, I'm pretty certain you get a general access ticket to an interstate match, not just the right to buy a ticket, otherwise it would be a completely meaningless perk. Incidentally, the 'away' games on membership is a little bit of an accounting trick. What it really means is that when you, as a visiting club member, gain entry to the match, the visiting club reimburses the home club the full cost of a general admission ticket. Geelong has no say as to how tickets are actually allocated and managed.

First - going to keep this separate from the fixture discussion; hoping that unlike recent seasons that the fixture will be a bit more set & we can keep them as separate topics

Seems that 2023 Memberships are becoming bit of a discussion point just a matter of weeks after the completion of the 2022 season

We already know there's changes happening with the completion of Stage 5 due in the first half of next year - this has seen the Club getting on the front foot and wanting to make the new stand one that is Geelong member and fan focused. We've already been informed that the Cheersquad will be returning to their traditional home at the City End, while seat holders in the lower tier of the Players Stand were given the option of moving their seat to the new stand

Having a look through the Club's 2023 membership information, it reads like there's still details to be worked through, such as how many home matches in Geelong & Melbourne we'll have, will we have a little bit more interstate travel lined up etc, and my guess is that's going to be based around the progress of Stage 5

Hopefully we get answers to those questions soon, and then we can look forward to unfurling the 2022 Premiership Flag in front of the fans at home
Seat holder were not given the option of moving they were told if you don't move then you lose your seats

Seat holder were not given the option of moving they were told if you don't move then you lose your seats

As one who had a seat in the lower section of the Players Stand, I'm aware of the options presented:

We could choose to offer of a seat in the new stand, or forgo a reserved seat at KP & have a general admission membership - technically, that makes it an option

Are we still thinking we will play home games against bigger clubs at the G??

Surely with this new stand we won’t have to.

Looks like the Melbourne based membership has been given the flick also. Hopefully that's not the case.
I noticed that too. Flexi6 might be the go

I noticed that too. Flexi6 might be the go

I wonder how much no fixture impacts on things - with KP unavailable at the start of the season, could that mean potentially another Melbourne home game or two, or maybe an additional interstate trip early in the season until we gain access to our home ground

Those things surely impact membership options and costings etc

Will get a membership for sure but keen to see the fixture first.

Same

I'll renew, but I also want to know what I'm signing up for 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the go if you intend to go to all matches in Vic and not travel interstate very much:

• 1 x Home membership +
  • 1 x Flexi membership

Will save you $35 on a single Home and Away membership and get you into all Victoria matches (probably)

Plus:
  • You can actually afford to buy a scarf (2 x members choice)
  • Double your odds on getting a GF ticket

This is the go if you intend to go to all matches in Vic and not travel interstate very much:

• 1 x Home membership +
  • 1 x Flexi membership

Will save you $35 on a single Home and Away membership and get you into all Victoria matches (probably)

Plus:
  • You can actually afford to buy a scarf (2 x members choice)
  • Double your odds on getting a GF ticket

Or if you live in Vic and really want the membership hat or scarf, you can pop into the Cats Shop and exchange the voucher for one:

What can I buy with my $20 Cats Shop voucher?
You can purchase your 2023 Member Scarf and Cap or any available item on the Cats Shop website or instore, excluding memorabilia. Please note only one voucher can be used per transaction, for voucher terms and conditions please click here.

Can I collect my item from the Cats Shop?

Yes. You can select the $20 Voucher and exchange for a Cap or Scarf in the Cats Shop for no postage fee.

Do I have to pay for shipping?
Yes, if you purchase a Membership Cap & Scarf with your voucher through the Cats Shop online, you will see this fee when you head to the checkout.

Never been a member because I saw no point living interstate. Can’t help but feel that I owe Geelong one after 2022.

How do 3 game memberships work when you don’t live in Victoria? If we played Port and Adelaide at AO & I decided to jump a border for a 3rd game.. can it be done?

Never been a member because I saw no point living interstate. Can’t help but feel that I owe Geelong one after 2022.

How do 3 game memberships work when you don’t live in Victoria? If we played Port and Adelaide at AO & I decided to jump a border for a 3rd game.. can it be done?
No, it can't - because the two Adelaide-based games are not Geelong home games.

You'd have to shell out for the Interstate membership - plus that one also lets you buy the GF guarantee if you want.

It's bizarre that the Interstate membership now includes access to 3 home games. The idea of an interstate membership is that you can't go to home games. So I'm paying an extra $25 (compared to last year) for something I won't use.

I think i'm better off buying the cheaper 3 game membership and spending $40 on a scarf from the shop. Works out about the same.

Sounds like there's been bit of a setback with the new stand and that while it'll open next year it won't necessarily be as early as planned

My current seat is in the Players Stand, so I was set to move but that's all now on hold - as per an email received not too long ago:

Acknowledging prior communications, we have made a considered decision to renew our members into their 2022 reserved seats rather than seating you in stage 5 at this given time. Due to unforeseen construction issues, including recent severe weather events, it is no longer possible to bring forward the planned completion of the new stand to allow for it to be open for all 9 home games of the 2023 AFL season. We believe renewing our members into their 2022 reserved seats will be the least interruption to you and enable the best experience in the new stand as we come to the completion of stage 5. Members will be provided with first access to the new stand and further information will be provided as the project continues.

Sounds like there's been bit of a setback with the new stand and that while it'll open next year it won't necessarily be as early as planned

My current seat is in the Players Stand, so I was set to move but that's all now on hold - as per an email received not too long ago:

Acknowledging prior communications, we have made a considered decision to renew our members into their 2022 reserved seats rather than seating you in stage 5 at this given time. Due to unforeseen construction issues, including recent severe weather events, it is no longer possible to bring forward the planned completion of the new stand to allow for it to be open for all 9 home games of the 2023 AFL season. We believe renewing our members into their 2022 reserved seats will be the least interruption to you and enable the best experience in the new stand as we come to the completion of stage 5. Members will be provided with first access to the new stand and further information will be provided as the project continues.
Certainly a shame that the project is delayed. But it's good to have the club get on the front foot about how to manage the issue with reserved seat holders.

And here's hoping there's still plenty of games at K.P. with the new stand in operation in 2023. :handfist:

Did everyone get renewals today? I haven’t received anything. Email I assume…?
Nothing yet - but I'm guessing that's mainly to do with my KP reserved seat

My seat was/is in the lower section of the Players Stand, so last month I was looking at being moved to the new stand but as of this afternoon the move is off due to what sounds like construction delays - so now I'm back where I've sat over recent seasons

Wouldn't be surprised if that's impacted sending out renewal information while things get sorted

I have to admit, some of the boo-hoo that went on around that was a bit much. The seats are just as good AFAIK.
If you have been in the same seats for over a decade you should have the right to say no I don't want to move.

Sear holders should have got a choice rather than a strongly worded email from the Club basically giving people 4 days to either move or lose there seats.

We should not be making room for opposition supporters and if we are we should be sticking them under the scoreboard at the river end. We have 70000 members who should get priority

Move the people from those seats into the players stand and then give people in the players stand the option to move to the new stand......option being the operative word

Remove this Banner Ad

Back