2024 Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

they're pathetic honestly i ask a question and most of the time they dance around the question and never answer it
I've generally found them pretty good. Glad that they're still local, always been concerned the AFL will one day just force the clubs to use some offshore Ticketmaster sh*tefest service.

Usually it's a buy a 3 game membership get 3 extra, available one day only- around end Feb and KRock flog it all day.
I suppose the trick is knowing what day, the club is secret squirrel about it, but I have seen it through friends on their FB status.
Of course zilch chance of finals tix on the 3/6 game membership.
Maybe someone will put it up here for you, on the day it occurs.
7C269AD7-6835-46F1-8CB9-4B9840E60969.jpeg
Guess today is the day

Promoting overpriced 3 game memberships to boost signups as if its some bargain post everyone auto renewing really annoys me, 2nd year in a row they've done that.

Should offer those deals to the loyal members who just let their memberships renew in November every year.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Promoting overpriced 3 game memberships to boost signups as if its some bargain post everyone auto renewing really annoys me, 2nd year in a row they've done that.

Should offer those deals to the loyal members who just let their memberships renew in November every year.

Third year actually. It's then 6 games and a win-win if you take a broader and more inclusive view.

I'll end up getting that digital kayo membership. But it says it runs out August 31st. So we don't get it for finals? Weird

It's a 12 month subscription

1707867170111.png

When on earth do tickets go on sale?

I'm an AFL member with club support and I haven't seen anything.

When on earth do tickets go on sale?

I'm an AFL member with club support and I haven't seen anything.

Not yet - I contacted the club yesterday via the online chat (super easy, quick & helpful for anyone needing to contact membership services), as I wanted to know when we'd be advised of our barcode for the season

As per the conversation, this was info regarding sending of barcodes:

We are planning to send members their barcodes this Friday for Rd 1 and next Friday for Rd 2-15. This will include your barcode, link and dates, and time of the ticketing sale. No tickets are currently on sale yet for any Victorian games.

They also provided the following link to check on sale dates:

For home, KP matches, I've found the best option is to keep an eye on the KP events page - last year, tickets for home matches went on sale about 2 weeks prior to match day

Not yet - I contacted the club yesterday via the online chat (super easy, quick & helpful for anyone needing to contact membership services), as I wanted to know when we'd be advised of our barcode for the season

We are planning to send members their barcodes this Friday for Rd 1 and next Friday for Rd 2-15. This will include your barcode, link and dates, and time of the ticketing sale. No tickets are currently on sale yet for any Victorian games.

For home, KP matches, I've found the best option is to keep an eye on the KP events page - last year, tickets for home matches went on sale about 2 weeks prior to match day
Thanks.

I've been checking daily for on sale dates on the different websites but nothing.

Seems I bought tickets for our first game last year ~30 days in advance. I buy tickets for first game first day on sale. Doesn't seem like a long time for something that is known so far in advance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgive my possible FOMO but what is this trickery on *Ticketmaster?
Can my Digital Collectible attached to home game attendance buy groceries, a cruise, donate to charity or anything useful? ;)

*Cats members who attend a home game at GMHBA Stadium will receive a link per member email address to claim their Digital Collectible, so no need to worry, you won’t miss out on your chance.

I like that link, goes straight to the detail needed, instead of endless PR BS,
will use it this year thank you.

Renewed my membership.
Doubt that I will get to any games other than the odd GMHBA VFL games.
May possibly go to an MCG game like last season.

Renewed my membership.
Great work mate.... still remember the beers on the KP wings we used to have.

Might make it back this season for a refresh.

GO Catters

Renewed my membership.
Kudos, The rabbi :whitecheck:

Hopefully, it doesn't take you as long as it's taking us to get something in the mail relating to the membership, including the merch. Been weeks. Still nothing. It required a phone call, which achieved zilch, followed by an email last year.

Just got the email from the club regarding tickets going on sale for round 1.

The email says the game is fully ticketed, and so you need to reserve a seat to get access.

But it didnt say anything about the new standing section, which is where im hoping to be. I rang the club to ask but the guy said "im not sure there will be standing for this game"...So that tells you all you need to know about the quality fo our membership department...

After remidning him that the club has just installed a shiny new standing section and it'd be a surprise if they didnt let people use it he asked someone else and had it confirmed if you want to stand you'll need a reserve ticket too.

Cant wait for the days when i can just scan my membership card and stand like it used to be.

The email says the game is fully ticketed, and so you need to reserve a seat to get access.

But it didnt say anything about the new standing section, which is where im hoping to be. I rang the club to ask but the guy said "im not sure there will be standing for this game"...So that tells you all you need to know about the quality fo our membership department...

After remidning him that the club has just installed a shiny new standing section and it'd be a surprise if they didnt let people use it he asked someone else and had it confirmed if you want to stand you'll need a reserve ticket too.

Cant wait for the days when i can just scan my membership card and stand like it used to be.
Seems a bit odd.

One would think that you'd at least be able to nominate for a spot in standing room via this process - not so much a specific spot, but perhaps to be used as a means to limit the total number of people in standing room if they anticipate the game to be oversubscribed.

Or maybe they just haven't sold as many season seats as expected.

Or, its the best way to guarantee as many cats fans as possible - after dishing out these seats whatever is left can go to saints supporters and walk ups.

Who knows - but going forward the fact we have more members than room at the ground will likely always be a factor in these sorts of things.

Never received one. Albeit I am an AFL member with Geelong cats club support which also makes me a Geelong member too. Therefore I usually get Geelong member emails etc as well. Seems I’ve received nothing though but usually do by now. Reckon AFL membership department have not passed my details on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never received one. Albeit I am an AFL member with Geelong cats club support which also makes me a Geelong member too. Therefore I usually get Geelong member emails etc as well. Seems I’ve received nothing though but usually do by now. Reckon AFL membership department have not passed my details on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im the same (AFL member with Geelong club support), maybe check your spam folder? Otherwise check your AFL members account that the email is correct, probably worth giving them a ring and double checking. You should be getting AFL members emails as well as Geelong members emails, as they are different ticketing arrangements/providers.

Im the same (AFL member with Geelong club support), maybe check your spam folder? Otherwise check your AFL members account that the email is correct, probably worth giving them a ring and double checking. You should be getting AFL members emails as well as Geelong members emails, as they are different ticketing arrangements/providers.

It's a hell of a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back