Resource 2024 Membership thread - it begins - with a kiss

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't help but notice that my old Level 2 premiership club bay, which was removed from us for a more 'premium option' (Arden Lounge?) was basically empty yesterday.

Oh well. I really like my new seats on L1 right up by the fence, and my daughter absolutely loved it, so it's all worked out in the end;

1711240029245.png

17,589 in the end. Was it really worthy of that SEN article?

Not a great crowd to be fair but not too bad really. Especially given we're 5-40 in the last two seasons and have come off 17,18,18,17th placed seasons.

I'd love to see some other teams' crowds after this run we've had.

Carlton on friday is already sold out in terms of GA.

The thing about our 17,589 is that we're really loud for a crowd of that size. I go to lots of footy. Other clubs cough Geelong cough Hawthorn cough Essendon cough, have much larger crowds than us but they have library atmospheres. I'd take the noise and excitement generated by our passionate 17k people than the polite applause of those three clubs.

As for the others, Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood combine large crowds with lots of noise and passion, and it's admittedly impressive. I've found Melbourne supporters to be surprisingly loud on their day. Bulldogs and Saints middle of the road.

The thing about our 17,589 is that we're really loud for a crowd of that size.

This is so true.
If we're competitive against Carlton this Friday, Marvel is going to be electric and LOUD.

The thing about our 17,589 is that we're really loud for a crowd of that size. I go to lots of footy. Other clubs cough Geelong cough Hawthorn cough Essendon cough, have much larger crowds than us but they have library atmospheres. I'd take the noise and excitement generated by our passionate 17k people than the polite applause of those three clubs.

As for the others, Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood combine large crowds with lots of noise and passion, and it's admittedly impressive. I've found Melbourne supporters to be surprisingly loud on their day. Bulldogs and Saints middle of the road.
Agree, it was very quiet at the start of the game but once we got on a roll it was loud

Agree, it was very quiet at the start of the game but once we got on a roll it was loud
I reckon a lot of matches are like that. Not just us. Does the pre game crap drain the life out of the crowd?

You'd go to the footy years ago and the crowd would build by the end of the ressies, people would be into it then ready to go for the seniors.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I reckon a lot of matches are like that. Not just us. Does the pre game crap drain the life out of the crowd?

You'd go to the footy years ago and the crowd would build by the end of the ressies, people would be into it then ready to go for the seniors.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Good point, you have a head of loud ads that people cant talk over, then the team intros/songs/etc. Then the '60 second countdown' with loud music and commentary to the bounce...then it all kind of stops for 10-15 seconds for the umpire to spin the ball, bounce it and then if there isnt an immediate clearance then there is just a lull that continues

Anyone tell me how their lvl 2 reserved seat worked out yesterday ? I gave mine up after 22 years and found someone who'd kept their $900 seat having a somewhat heated discussion with a Marvel employee prior to the first bounce.
I used to be in L2 bay 36, now in Bay 34, 4 rows from the back, seats were great, good view especially if you looked over to bays 35 & 36 which were half empty, I don't see how that can benefit the club.
It was good that the bay was full of North colours as the AFL won't be selling off the empty seats to opposition supporters as they used to do in bays 35 & 36
Only problem which was resolved quickly was someone was sitting in my reserved seat as they were told by a Marvel person that they could sit anywhere, hopefully this was a teething problem and will be sorted by next Friday

I used to be in L2 bay 36, now in Bay 34, 4 rows from the back, seats were great, good view especially if you looked over to bays 35 & 36 which were half empty, I don't see how that can benefit the club.
It was good that the bay was full of North colours as the AFL won't be selling off the empty seats to opposition supporters as they used to do in bays 35 & 36
Only problem which was resolved quickly was someone was sitting in my reserved seat as they were told by a Marvel person that they could sit anywhere, hopefully this was a teething problem and will be sorted by next Friday
I’ve emailed Jen Watt and the membership manager this morning about this issue. I have 11 seats in aisle 34 and it was the only one WITHOUT the red reserved covers. Unfortunately it meant that walk ups just came in and sat anywhere. The attendant was quite good with myself and another group who had numbered seats that were occupied by either bodies or scarves/coats and moved them on to allow us into our seats. I’ve asked the club why aisle 34 was not marked and controlled better and requested this be rectified for Friday. Blowed if I need to watch my seats for an hour to stop people sitting in them.

Very very light security around entering L2..

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good point, you have a head of loud ads that people cant talk over, then the team intros/songs/etc. Then the '60 second countdown' with loud music and commentary to the bounce...then it all kind of stops for 10-15 seconds for the umpire to spin the ball, bounce it and then if there isnt an immediate clearance then there is just a lull that continues

So true. It’s got such a weird anti climactic vibe.

It takes a bit of time to people “lock in” on the actual gameplay. Once people engage, the crowd rides every moment

Anyone know how to fix this issue mate booked Good Friday game with our memberships so we could sit together but he can’t send them to us . He also just re did the Nth app. Ticketmaster or tek don’t respond and are and always have been utterly shithouse. I rang the member ship department 3 weeks ago who said they couldn’t help. Didn’t even try and look into it. When are we actually going to pay our membership department some decent money so they are able to at least look into these issues instead of saying it’s too hard you work it out. Our club is very ordinary in this area has been for yrs .Like many here been a member for a long time, however when the credit card expiry needs to be changed they are alway willing to help with that. One of the major reasons I have cut back on the many memberships over the last 10 or so yrs.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what Marvel's were telling my friend. So even though l gave up my $700 a year reserved seat, they said if there was an empty seat l could occupy it for $27 g.a.admission on lvl 2
No wonder my friend was pi$$ed.
But where does fault lie ? Club ? Marvel ? AFL ?
I'd honestly be demanding a refund if l'd paid my $700 this year.

Anyone know how to fix this issue mate booked Good Friday game with our memberships so we could sit together but he can’t send them to us . He also just re did the Nth app. Ticketmaster or tek don’t respond and are and always have been utterly shithouse. I rang the member ship department 3 weeks ago who said they couldn’t help. Didn’t even try and look into it. When are we actually going to pay our membership department some decent money so they are able to at least look into these issues instead of saying it’s too hard you work it out. Our club is very ordinary in this area has been for yrs .Like many here been a member for a long time, however when the credit card expiry needs to be changed they are alway willing to help with that. One of the major reasons I have cut back on the many memberships over the last 10 or so yrs.
i had this problem but found out it was bc the email i was sending them to wasn't the same one connected to the receivers ticketmaster account. i now send it to the right email and it comes through within 5mins.

l may have to move seats as my wife told me that the person next to her was loud and boistrous and she didnt like it. No doubt l will find another seat then she can sit there without me... :laughv1: :laughv1:

l may have to move seats as my wife told me that the person next to her was loud and boistrous and she didnt like it. No doubt l will find another seat then she can sit there without me... :laughv1: :laughv1:
the-castle-serenity.gif

Very very light security around entering L2..

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
They booted me and a mate out of the swanky new Centre Wing Lounge pretty quickly before the game.

We were in The Parker Room and saw a door open near the stage which led to a bar where the Aisle 34 doors are (where our seats were) so we went through. It was basically empty, plush sofas and rather swanky.

Grabbed a couple of brews and sat down and just as we were comfortable were asked for our tickets and told that this was a reserved area and our tickets didn't cover it.

It's obviously for the campaigners who now have our previous reserved seats.

I am putting this out there for any of our supporters who haven't got tickets to the Good Friday game. I am flying down from Darwin and bought two tickets on L1 sect 17, just to ensure I had tickets to the game. However, I also bought two tickets on level 2 which I will be using for that game.

I am not asking for any money and am happy to transfer them from my Ticketmaster account. I would hate for the tickets to go to waste and am more than happy to help a fellow North supporter out.

Send me a message if you are interested. First in first served.

Cheers

Ps you will need to be patient with me as I have zero IT ability, so the transfer may take longer than usual ;).

i had this problem but found out it was bc the email i was sending them to wasn't the same one connected to the receivers ticketmaster account. i now send it to the right email and it comes through within 5mins.
Still not working but it may work closer to the game worse case we will all have to enter using his phone.It’s still a s**t system though and there is no help forth coming from the club or the companies that send the tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back