Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

After picking Duursma over Sanders do you think he would want to come to North. We have a much chance of getting him as we have of getting Reid. if he leaves WC he will go to a bigger club than us..
I was spend most of pre draft banging on and on about one of our picks being Sanders. Damn he ripped it a new one in the VFL this week. I remember Souup saying he wouldnt be surprised if he ended up the pick of the draft.
That said perhaps the club felt we needed the McKercher type more for outside run, who might take a wing rather than someone battling it out for a mid spot with LDU, Powell, Simpkin, Wardlaw and Phillips.
Duursma is a completely different cat, mid ranged type who is elite overhead for his height and can play almost anywhere.
Love both McKerch and Duursma dont get me wrong, both will be quality and i back them 100%. But theres also a little pain watching Reid and Sanders.

Smille's last 2 weeks have been massive and should be our top pick.

5 goals and over 60 possies in 2 weeks. At 194cm we can't pass on the next Gree/Bont/Cripps type.
Now watch us end up with pick 2 by winning a pointless end of season game and missing out on Smillie

Another massive game from Smillie who can't be contained by teams at this level. He was a little more subdued at stoppage than usual and his defensive pressure was down, but he was hugely effective on the spread pumping the footy inside the 50 thirteen times and kicking a couple of goals. One of those majors put his team ahead on the scoreboard with 2 minutes to go.

I was spend most of pre draft banging on and on about one of our picks being Sanders. Damn he ripped it a new one in the VFL this week. I remember Souup saying he wouldnt be surprised if he ended up the pick of the draft.
That said perhaps the club felt we needed the McKercher type more for outside run, who might take a wing rather than someone battling it out for a mid spot with LDU, Powell, Simpkin, Wardlaw and Phillips.
Duursma is a completely different cat, mid ranged type who is elite overhead for his height and can play almost anywhere.
Love both McKerch and Duursma dont get me wrong, both will be quality and i back them 100%. But theres also a little pain watching Reid and Sanders.
I wonder if we would have drafted sanders I do we knew the Thomas disaster was coming

Another massive game from Smillie who can't be contained by teams at this level. He was a little more subdued at stoppage than usual and his defensive pressure was down, but he was hugely effective on the spread pumping the footy inside the 50 thirteen times and kicking a couple of goals. One of those majors put his team ahead on the scoreboard with 2 minutes to go.

That’s impressive. He is the one. Something extraordinary what have to happen to change my opinion on who is 1 this year..

Go back six months in time and half the posters in here we’re banging on about we’ve already invested enough in high end midfielders. We don’t need anymore.
Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 'Smil' clip:

Looked like an 18 year old playing in the under 15's.
Has a great first step/change of direction.
Hit some lovely longer kicks to advantage; shorter passing not so flash.
Was hungry, but see #1.
Loved the oppo supporters' cheer when someone finally brought him down in a tackle.
Some great CB tap work - who was that man?

A solid game from Moraes who spent more time on ball than he has for most of the season and responded by finding a stack of the footy. He ran all game and linked the play well with hands. His kicking was a bit of a lottery, some nice accurate passes and some sprayed.

is it pronounced Smilly or Smiley?
They seem to be calling out "Smill" when they are begging him to include them in his one-man demolition.

Well who cares what other clubs think or say. We will be here in the afl for many many years to come. I cant even work out why you would be worried about what other clubs think there is enough supporters on here in our own forum that think worse of us.
Well, there seem to be a few on here who think we need to draft and trade for players who can effectively stop the AFL from booting us out of the league in the short term. A lot of us are eager to escape to the safety of mid-table mediocrity.

Of all the things we are facing at the moment, this one is the biggest concern for mine. There has literally been zero talk as to the strategies we are going to employ to get through the transition period once Tassie come along.

I guess they’re working on it and will announce something when the time is right. I’m not sure Hawthorn have made any announcements yet about their plans.

I’d like to think the plan includes playing two extra home games at Marvel, and then perhaps two others at a permanent base in a regional city such as Ballarat or Bendigo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Avg’s 3.5 tackles per game. Hard to tackle when you’re rarely getting beaten around the contest though.
I would like to see him tackle a little more, but he wouldnt be the first kid at this level that decided the best way to win the game is for him to get as much of the footy as possible. He's also probably not wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back