NFL 2024 NFL Draft (April 25th-27th)

Will there be a Punter or Kicker taken day 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Schrager bolstered his mock draft bona fides by accurately forecasting J.J. McCarthy to the Vikings, Rome Odunze to the Bears, Bo Nix to the Broncos, Tyler Guyton to the Cowboys, Graham Barton to the Buccaneers, Darius Robinson to the Cardinals and Chop Robinson to the Dolphins.

Those first three are hardly surprising since everyone else did the same.

I mean he isnt entirely wrong.

It is true that Howie's board tends to mirror that of the draft media consensus

If you look at the biggest reaches compared to that consensus big board over the past 5 years or so you'd see why drafting to that is generally a good thing.

Would have cost them a fortune, assume they were thinking OT? Coz surely they still would have traded in later in the first round for an edge rusher with plenty still on the board if they keen for one at pick 10.

The stupidity is...instead of drsfting the qb you dont need at 8, they couldve drsfted the player they wanted at 10 with the 8.
They really should have just traded back with the Raiders or Vikings, they would have paid up for Penix or McCarthy im sure, worried about another team jumping them for a QB.

Such a smarter thing to do. Pretty basic stuff. Fontenot blew up his own face in this draft. He surely will get fired
I think hes trying taking advantage of Arthur Blank's patience, hes renowned for patience, like I said on the weekend , Fontenot: "dont fire me Arthur, I drafted Penix, let me see this thru until 2026"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a smarter thing to do. Pretty basic stuff. Fontenot blew up his own face in this draft. He surely will get fired
Even smarter for a 7-10 team that aren’t even in the champ window is if they were so enamoured with Penix was to not sign 35yo Achilles repairing Cousins ..save themselves $100m+ and spent it on other FAs ..and just draft Penix as their franchise QB. It’s almost like they didn’t trust their own decision on both Cousins and Penix and wanted a bob each way.

Even smarter for a 7-10 team that aren’t even in the champ window is if they were so enamoured with Penix was to not sign 35yo Achilles repairing Cousins ..save themselves $100m+ and spent it on other FAs ..and just draft Penix as their franchise QB. It’s almost like they didn’t trust their own decision on both Cousins and Penix and wanted a bob each way.
Yep, lack of vision and/or foresight both ways.

The decision to draft Penix almost looks like a FU to Cousins for getting them investigated for tampering. Sending a message while ******* yourselves. Just brilliant.

The decision to draft Penix almost looks like a FU to Cousins for getting them investigated for tampering. Sending a message while ******* yourselves. Just brilliant.
But didn’t Falcons initiate contact ..tampering is two parties involved and Falcons were main offender

But didn’t Falcons initiate contact ..tampering is two parties involved and Falcons were main offender
Yeah, but Kirk blabbed about it at his opening press conference, thats why they are getting investigated, coz of what he said.

Back