Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Version 2 - replaced Young with Z Williams in defence and upgraded one of my higher priced rookies to Serong in the mids. I love the look of my midfield now and defence doesn't look much weaker without Young. Do you guys expect similar score output from Young and Serong but Young being $100k cheaper?

View attachment 1914304

Isn't Sicily going to be playing as a KPD with all their injuries? If he is, will really hurt his scoring.

Not sold on Crouch but I like the rest of the midfield.

Isn't Sicily going to be playing as a KPD with all their injuries? If he is, will really hurt his scoring.

Not sold on Crouch but I like the rest of the midfield.
They are trying a few options to free him up. Frost will be one KPD and they are looking at others to cover the second, including signing Ethan Phillips (102K def) as a possible option the day after Blanck went down

Settled on this for now. 140k left to play with.

Backline is fairly locked. Been going back and forth between NWM and Young but Young seems like he has less bust factor. With the midfield - Bont, Butter and Steele haven't left my side but I keep changing M3 and M4. LSU has burned me multiple times but his upside is too good to ignore.

Not happy with the forward line but I dont think any combination will look good. Fyfe screams trap but he looks better on paper than Harmes.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 12.20.55 pm.png

Settled on this for now. 140k left to play with.

Backline is fairly locked. Been going back and forth between NWM and Young but Young seems like he has less bust factor. With the midfield - Bont, Butter and Steele haven't left my side but I keep changing M3 and M4. LSU has burned me multiple times but his upside is too good to ignore.

Not happy with the forward line but I dont think any combination will look good. Fyfe screams trap but he looks better on paper than Harmes.

View attachment 1914412
Do you enjoy skiing ?

Rankine's role could change qtr to qtr ....match to match ......it's going to be one hell of a ride

Nice looking team mate! That midfield is nuts! My only concern would be Pink getting named Round 1 but I guess you could easily switch to Reid. One of those two should play.
Yeah no s**t*ery for me this year.
No more Straight C on a 34 year old.
No more rookie rucks.

Still have a few tricks up my sleeve. Like this team still have 223k left in the kitty :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No more rookie rucks.

Still have a few tricks up my sleeve. Like this team still have 223k left in the kitty :moustache:
these assholes i stf2g hope u like friend GIF

No more rookie rucks.

I guess the only other thing is you have 6 Round 0 Premos. I'm trying to keep it to 4 max.

Ok - I need some help, especially from North supporters.

I have too many Roos - but who to keep, who to cull?

Sheezel - gun! But, will he continue to play that SC friendly defense role?

LDU - fit & ready to step up for an huge year. Any real injury concerns?

Wardlaw - 2nd banana in the midfield. TOG & potential injury are his main issues. Awkward price too

Powell - friendly role & ready to be the 3rd banana in the midfield

McKercher - must have
Laz - almost, must have

Xerri - no, taking Gawndy

Wardlaw - 2nd banana in the midfield. TOG & potential injury are his main issues. Awkward price too

McKercher - must have
Laz - almost, must have

Get Pink in :moustache:

1700 leftover with the latest version. absolutely hammered by injuries last year so trying to keep the risk lower, looking at you Yeo, Fyfe and Zilliams. 4 Premos playing in Round 0 and round 15 is the worst bye now but should be able to trade around it by then.

1700.JPG

MPM is locked in with 40 trades.

Honestly the team selection might as well be closed until after rd0, our teams now mean absolutely nothing, rd0 is going to change everything.

No clue what my team will be, haven't been paying attention at all over the preseason, but I know my strategy.

I'm going to take a s**t load of high price cash cows/stepping stones/speculative picks, because 40 trades.
I'm going to hold back $200k+ (hopefully a lot more), so I can make required correction trades for rd0 players in round 3 and 4 (eg. Coleman), because 40 trades.

I said the following in August last year, really wish it happened:
I really think removing ownership % until after round 1 is complete would have big impact. Yes there's a heap of content out there to help people choose who to pick, but it would still remove the "forced" picks. In preseason you always hear things like "I'm not sold on X, but he's in 40% of teams, if I don't take him and he goes nuts, I'm screwed", or the opposite in "I really want X but he's a huge POD, and PODs never work".

Honestly the team selection might as well be closed until after rd0, our teams now mean absolutely nothing, rd0 is going to change everything.

No clue what my team will be, haven't been paying attention at all over the preseason, but I know my strategy.

I'm going to take a s**t load of high price cash cows/stepping stones/speculative picks, because 40 trades.
I'm going to hold back $200k+ (hopefully a lot more), so I can make required correction trades for rd0 players in round 3 and 4 (eg. Coleman), because 40 trades.

Coleman will be on the bubble RD3.

Coleman will be on the bubble RD3.
Yep. There's surely gonna be some Lions/Blues I need in rd3, and some Suns/Giants I need in rd4.
With 40 trades, you can't afford to hold onto underperforming spuds (like the good old days).

Haven’t seen that mentioned before, but I like it.

Why stop there, remove it full stop, kill the sheep 🐑.

Yep. There's surely gonna be some Lions/Blues I need in rd3, and some Suns/Giants I need in rd4.
With 40 trades, you can't afford to hold onto underperforming spuds (like the good old days).
Suns/GWS players on the bubble RD2 ;)

Might pay to make some notes :moustache:

McKercher - must have
Laz - almost, must have

I could answer this but watch the whinny bitches come in and drop snide comments about north discussion.
Feck it I do it anyways.
Yes
Yes
No to much injury risk doubt he goes premo.
Yes Norths best break out chance my bet for a cheap f6 keeper.
Yes
Yes
No he's a spud whos just tall and angry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back