Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Just loving all the sides with Heeney in since Thurdsday night.

Lots of people seem to have lost their "never again" list.
Yeo, Heeney, Fyfe and Whitfield are on my never again list and Im NEVER starting them, nup, * off.

Might trade them in though.

Current team going into R1 pending on rookie team selection. Prepared to drop English to Gawn. Flanders became too hard to ignore so had to change my structure. Prepared to downgrade English to Gawn if I need cash for something pending the teams being named.

I'm counting 13 keepers as I think Martin is D6, Wines is M7/M8 and Flanders + Fisher end up forward line premos.

Woouldn't mind getting some cash to get Conway onto the rucks if he's named instead of Naismith.

View attachment 1924513
Very nice.

I am running something nearly identical to this team, barring English.

That can’t be good.

Pretty happy with this though still tempted by Green over Butters. I have done a fall 360 after falling in love with some round 0 players to be avoiding most the premos with the early byesaside from the value options.

Attachments

• 20240310_222507.jpg
    20240310_222507.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
  • 20240310_222515.jpg
    20240310_222515.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
Ohhh...that black is so hot sexy and touf, my side needs some toufness...how do i make my side tuf like that Mr Roy?
It is exceedingly difficult, my amiable unknown and yet strangely familiar compadre.
I must confess that I required the assistance of a very learned gentleman who perchance may be a mutual acquaintance of us both....
He is often confused for another gentleman by the name of Homer, who he most definitely is not.
Please allow me to introduce him...
images (8).jpeg

G'day kentlemen, haven't been paying much attention so far but gonna go something like this; 200k ITB so might change Steele/Houston types to Butters/Stewart. As well as probably canning the R/F loop for a playing rookie.

View attachment 1924931
I kinda want to start the season with $200k itb for corrections, as I’m sure I’ll be needing to.

For me it’s starting Stewart and playing it safe, or trading down to a POD and banking some cash

Just loving all the sides with Heeney in since Thurdsday night.

Lots of people seem to have lost their "never again" list.
Looked at it to see how it would go, didn't mind it, but ultimately tricky tbh, creates complications down the line.
Couple seem to be thinking about Heeney into Flanders or something, suppose you could, we've got 14,763,917 trades for a reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m starting my preseason today.

Whose team should I copy as my starting point?
What I will say is ....don't follow the podcasters teams

In the rush for content & fame ....most of these guys have abandoned their philosophies of previous years ....and are chopping & changing their teams along with one game results, like the rest of us mugs

The teams they reveal, IMO, are dummy teams for the public ...and rarely what they end up running

Used to enjoy them .....now I find myself frustrated with the hypocrisy of their statements & turning off mid session

Looked at it to see how it would go, didn't mind it, but ultimately tricky tbh, creates complications down the line.
Couple seem to be thinking about Heeney into Flanders or something, suppose you could, we've got 14,763,917 trades for a reason.

the Heendog has previously burst out of the blocks before reverting to type - can see the same happening once Adams is back (3-4 weeks) and there is also Parker. When 🐴 has that many mids at his disposal things are bound to change.

taking a quick cash grab and flicking him to Flanders is not a bad play ..... plans inevitably get scuppered by other issues though.

the Heendog has previously burst out of the blocks before reverting to type - can see the same happening once Adams is back (3-4 weeks) and there is also Parker. When 🐴 has that many mids at his disposal things are bound to change.

taking a quick cash grab and flicking him to Flanders is not a bad play ..... plans inevitably get scuppered by other issues though.

I'm actually planning on trading Heeney > Touk after Round 3. He will have 2 price rises to touks 1 and might be virtually a sideways trade.

I'm actually planning on trading Heeney > Touk after Round 3. He will have 2 price rises to touks 1 and might be virtually a sideways trade.
These 40 trades are messing with people's heads.

Come the business end of the season trades in the bank are gold.

Heeney has WC round 4......

Just Saying Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Heeney will probably end up in many teams by seasons end anyway by virtue of there being a lack of decent options?

Dunno, I look at the top bracket like Curnow, Bolton who have their avg propped up by the occasion monster scores. Rankine probably going to be similar. Greene not far off. Heeney probably going to be around a similar mark as those unless he gets the same mid time as vs Dees.

Real derth of players that get a run in the middle and turn out 90-95+ every week. Who is there? Dustin Martin looks done as an option.... Macrae and Flanders will be good with maybe some mid-price bolters like Owens, Adams, Fisher...

Forward line a bit naff this year it looks like.

Heeney will probably end up in many teams by seasons end anyway by virtue of there being a lack of decent options?

Dunno, I look at the top bracket like Curnow, Bolton who have their avg propped up by the occasion monster scores. Rankine probably going to be similar. Greene not far off. Heeney probably going to be around a similar mark as those unless he gets the same mid time as vs Dees.

Real derth of players that get a run in the middle and turn out 90-95+ every week. Who is there? Dustin Martin looks done as an option.... Macrae and Flanders will be good with maybe some mid-price bolters like Owens, Adams, Fisher...

Forward line a bit naff this year it looks like.
Fisher is the only must have up front I think.
Norths early draw is very hard lots of chips for him if he can stay on the park
Lots of other options who have potential to go 90+. Plenty of decent options but it does not seem like it will be a high scoring line so we are looking at players we would not normally consider.

These 40 trades are messing with people's heads.

Come the business end of the season trades in the bank are gold.

I used 10 trades last year on rucks and this year starting Gawndy hopefully set and forget. Plus the extra 4 trades this year means I could have an extra 14 trades up from last year. I don't think burning 1 trade to trade Heeney (Premo) before his 1st bye to Touk (Super Premo) who will have already had his 1st bye is such a bad move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back