List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What about key forwards type who are not getting too many opportunies?

Are there any jesse hogan type gets?

Could Lobb be one such get as he doesn't seem to be enjoying his footy at bulldogs, coming here will put him on the straight narrow to actually get something done?
Lobb is the obvious one

Harry jones is out of contract at bombers and think caddy takes his spot next year if he wants to secure a future long term

Camineti at saints stuck behind jack Hayes who is also out of contract and king and membrey

Gruzewski at gws

Lobb is the obvious one

Harry jones is out of contract at bombers and think caddy takes his spot next year if he wants to secure a future long term

Camineti at saints stuck behind jack Hayes who is also out of contract and king and membrey

Gruzewski at gws
I would rather suit up Horace and have him one out in the square than have Rory Blobb running around in the Royal Blue & White..

Lobb is the obvious one

Gruzewski at gws

So options aplenty, i wonder why we haven't gotten any of them after brown left?

But in any case, im hoping we get blight in mid-season, smilie plus trainor at pick 19.

Go on then, give us a figure.

$1m+ a year for Parker?

I don’t mind it, because I’m confident we could frontload Wardlaw and LDU and still afford it, but I’m sure that if it did happen, it would require that extraordinary quantum of money.

No no no no, not giving 1 mil to a 30 y.o player who's on the outter. Nah.

LDU is worth a million a season if we want to retain him.

I would rather suit up Horace and have him one out in the square than have Rory Blobb running around in the Royal Blue & White..

Beggars can't be choosers. We need some solid support for a few years until the next cab develops.

We currently don't have a next cab in terms of key fwd.

In each of the last three seasons Lobb has kicked more goals than CCJ has in his career.I dunno if it was a bad idea. We all rubbished Peter Wright and he went from similar numbers to Lobb to averaging over 2 goals a game at *.

In each of the last three seasons Lobb has kicked more goals than CCJ has in his career.I dunno if it was a bad idea. We all rubbished Peter Wright and he went from similar numbers to Lobb to averaging over 2 goals a game at *.

Can't get any worse, so why not

What about key forwards type who are not getting too many opportunies?

Are there any jesse hogan type gets?

Could Lobb be one such get as he doesn't seem to be enjoying his footy at bulldogs, coming here will put him on the straight narrow to actually get something done?
Um, no! He doesn't enjoy his football anywhere and at his age we are better off getting in Scaife or Howes and developing them. Both guys can play down back so the flexibility is so there.

Go on then, give us a figure.

$1m+ a year for Parker?

I don’t mind it, because I’m confident we could frontload Wardlaw and LDU and still afford it, but I’m sure that if it did happen, it would require that extraordinary quantum of money.

Money for us isn’t the issue.

Take the Parker salary off their books for next year, pay overs in a trade eg:2nd round, but ensure they pay enough to get us band 1 for Zurhaar.

OK - I was half asleep. A good bottle of sav blanc will do that. But on SEN they mentioned we have offered a Saint $7mil over 7 years - but missed the name. Anyone else hear this? If so, who?

Money for us isn’t the issue.

Take the Parker salary off their books for next year, pay overs in a trade eg:2nd round, but ensure they pay enough to get us band 1 for Zurhaar.

Sydney in:

-$700,000 (From North)
-pick 19ish
-Zurhaar

Sydney Out:

• Luke Parker
  • $400,000ish

North in:

• Luke Parker
  • Pick 2 (free agency)

North Out:

• Zurhaar
  • Pick 19ish
  • $700,000

So it would be a $700,000 price for a pick upgrade + we get Parker. Is that right?

OK - I was half asleep. A good bottle of sav blanc will do that. But on SEN they mentioned we have offered a Saint $7mil over 7 years - but missed the name. Anyone else hear this? If so, who?
Owens, Wilson, Winhager, King or Steele the only ones on that list that could be a long shot that we would actually reach for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um, no! He doesn't enjoy his football anywhere and at his age we are better off getting in Scaife or Howes and developing them. Both guys can play down back so the flexibility is so there.
We'll need to go with multiple options. Lobb is different because he's tall enough to be a ruck option and forward.

I think we could end up with Lobb, Howes and draft a KPF at our second pick this year in the national draft. Then let them all battle it out with Sellers, CCJ and Maley next year. We need to invest in this area and it's likely hindering our development by not having enough here at the moment.

Owens, Wilson, Winhager, King or Steele the only ones on that list that could be a long shot that we would actually reach for.
I think it was Owens - but I was a little foggy at the time. Surely someone else heard it?

It's Mason Wood.

Hard running wingmen are very hard to find.

We shouldn't be crying foul for us to be in our current position beause we've been finishing midtable for the last 20 years and have been drafting pretty badily. It's a freaking miracle that we actually made 3 pf and made 7 finals. Let's think about that, we were tactically brilliant on those days and think of the teams we've shafted.

We ****ed up 2 top end drafts to finally get things right in 2022 after we fired all of the recruiters that year.

We now are towards the end of the bottoming with zurhaar LDU leaving for certain and with every passing week, i am more certaint that our rise up the ladder will correspond to them leaving as the youngsters will be running the show with the less talented in support.
Enjoyed the first two paragraphs, but in the third not so much, as I think LDU will stay. I think he’s a loyal type of guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back