List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We desperately need to find some cheaper, more mature role players in that 21-25 year old bracket. Players who can run and aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.

After watching the Peel game yesterday we should be looking at a Will Brodie type, big body who tackles and can win clearances. He’d practically come for nothing. If we want to pay up a bit more than Neil Erasmus would be another, he was utterly dominant yesterday and should be playing AFL footy. Both of them can’t crack the Freo midfield and are behind the likes of Serong, Brayshaw, Fyfe, Johnson and O’Meara.

Josh Fahey and Max Gruzewski from GWS should also be on our radar, both are playing solid consistent footy for GWS reserves. Fahey is a hard running wingman who can really accumulate the footy.

Jaxon Binns for Carlton is a freakish runner but also finds stacks of the footy, has been racking it up at VFL level for 2 years now.

Ned Moyle/Caleb Graham/Connor Budarick would all be excellent additions to our depth and probably wouldn’t cost all that much. Moyle would put a lot of pressure on Xerri for the top ruck spot too.
Yes like Brodie a lot Erasmus would be great but doubt very much Freo would part with him regarded pretty high there but like you say he is not getting a game so you never know. Yeah Fahey definitely myself and another poster sorry can't remember who it was talked about him some time ago Local academy player but would walk into our team at the moment. Some really good names you have mentioned there.

Had completely forgotten about Jaxon Binns, really liked him in his draft year.
One of the strongest runners in the league. Averaging close to 30 disposals per game in the VFL. Think he is contracted until the end of next year though.

Be tough getting a wing spot in front of Acres/Hollands/Walsh for the next decade!

l often wonder whether Xerris ruck work could be a contibuting factor in his attitude because he is so use to working with Goldy who is a tap ruckman and Xerri who isnt that yet and continues to take the ball out of the ruck can be annoying him and the rest of the midfield.
Im sure its a factor, and X burnt LDU in one clearance not noticing he was 5m clear out the back. Its his first full year at it im sure he'll improve.

My main concern is that the areas that we've invested the most in - medium forwards and midfielders, seem far from locked down. We'll be tempted to dip again at these roles if the best available talent is one.

We actually are alright for key backs. Logue, Dawson, Comben, Corr is pretty good.

The backline can always be better but I do agree with you. The forward line is absolutely abysmal and applies no pressure, so the ball is constantly flying out of there straight back to our defenders. It's created a Sisyphean loop wherein our defenders look way worse than they actually are because they're under near-constant siege.

We do not present options or lock the ball in our forward 50. We NEED a second KPF and a small, pressure forward. NEED. It's insane.

My main concern is that the areas that we've invested the most in - medium forwards and midfielders, seem far from locked down. We'll be tempted to dip again at these roles if the best available talent is one.

We actually are alright for key backs. Logue, Dawson, Comben, Corr is pretty good.
I think we underestimate how much Goater's injury has hurt us too. Damn i was pumped to watch him grow this year.

One of the strongest runners in the league. Averaging close to 30 disposals per game in the VFL. Think he is contracted until the end of next year though.

Be tough getting a wing spot in front of Acres/Hollands/Walsh for the next decade!
Yes, the Tucker / Stephens obstacle seems a lot less daunting.

Last edited:

Yeah i like your list of players for a couple of reasons. They are realistic chances Brodie and Erasmus the big bodied mids to help LDU and company. Runners in Fahey would help straight away also has some size about him Gruzewski i think he has a few more years on his contract at GWS.

Not with his current attitude and form.

But that's how much other clubs will pay, so guaranteed band 1, which is basically pick 2 to 4.

Im okay to with him going as we could split a top 4 pick into 2 picks in the 10s to trade in 2 experienced midfielders to take the centre square to support the likes of sheezal and wardlaw for 3 years. That's all i am asking.

Our team will be quite okay when sheezal wardlaw are our no.1 and 2 mid because by then larkey would be at his peak, comben established as our no.1 key defender and xerri a powerful dominant ruck.

The rest of the pieces will fall into line with the support players. For instance, goater bergmen would've established; powell becomes a good mid in his own right, stephens and bailey doing their job well on the wing, duursma taken over zurhaar's role as a medium fwd with mercurial x-factor, mcckercher as a small but fast attacking mid etc.

Yes like Brodie a lot Erasmus would be great but doubt very much Freo would part with him regarded pretty high there but like you say he is not getting a game so you never know. Yeah Fahey definitely myself and another poster sorry can't remember who it was talked about him some time ago Local academy player but would walk into our team at the moment. Some really good names you have mentioned there.
you dont want Erasmus,would be just another whipping boy at north,we need gut running mids who have a will to win the contest,that is including wingers as well,if anyone on the outer at freo would consider brodie he would be able to feed the likes of powell,ldu and mckercher, o'driscoll coming back from knee injury would also be one i would be interested in because lets face it we do not have wingers

you dont want Erasmus,would be just another whipping boy at north,we need gut running mids who have a will to win the contest,that is including wingers as well,if anyone on the outer at freo would consider brodie he would be able to feed the likes of powell,ldu and mckercher, o'driscoll coming back from knee injury would also be one i would be interested in because lets face it we do not have wingers
I think you are underestimating his ability big time but everybody to their own opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i judge him at afl level not wafl,he is in and then out,if he was as good as you think he is he would be playing,Matt Johnson cannot get regular midfield minutes and he is better than Erasmus
Well i suppose you could say the same of Brodie if he was any good he would be playing.

Well i suppose you could say the same of Brodie if he was any good he would be playing.
true but for different reasons,his strength is in the contest which we need,he probably is not as comprehensive defensively as the freo starting line up, the knock on erasmus is he has no brutal edge which you need as an inside mid,seen enough of him to know that,it cannot be taught,either you have it or you do not

We should definitely be trying to get Luke Parker in too.

Jarryd Lyons is a an easy one for me, still finds the footy with ease, could get 2 to 3 years out of him.

We should definitely be trying to get Luke Parker in too.

Jarryd Lyons is a an easy one for me, still finds the footy with ease, could get 2 to 3 years out of him.
and cheap ,would rather spend a mill a year on a quality 25 year old than Parker,we just need a moneyball type pick to play that hard edged inside mid for a few years until our younger mids develop, if you want a long term fix than Josh Smillie would not hurt

and cheap ,would rather spend a mill a year on a quality 25 year old than Parker,we just need a moneyball type pick to play that hard edged inside mid for a few years until our younger mids develop, if you want a long term fix than Josh Smillie would not hurt

We need 2 solid bodied mids at the centre square to fill in the experience void for 3 years, that's all we are asking for.

We shouldn't irresponsibly handout cash for named player but to get the right type of player.

Ideally, the 2 players we get should be around 100 games.

I like the look of our defense in 2-3 years time if we are still around.

Chom
Log
Dawson Jr
Dawson Sr
Goater
Archer
Bergman
Hardeman

Hell I could even find a roll for fisher in a defense with 5 other competent defenders.

Midfield-

Warlord
Sheezel (if he puts on 6-9kg)
Powell (if he puts on 6-9kg
McKercher

Our weakest group. We need a no.1 big bull and one or two more runners (preferably all above 6’2”)

Forwards-

Larkey
Duursma
Ford
Curtis
Harvey
George

The obvious hole is chf and a speedy small forward.

Rucks
X
Need depth, especially if Goad doesn’t come through.

Don’t think I missed anyone of note?
No one that will be on the list in 2-3 years anyhow.

A promising bunch with 3-4 massive holes to fill, and plenty off experience, endurance, strength and skill to gain for the lot of them.

Random thought that is probably terrible, but hey that's what this place is for.

Bring in both Macrae brothers.

Fin a young in and under not getting game time, Jack cracking the shits with Bevo.

Finlay gets senior games and Jack comes over to play with his brother and make coin (and maybe teach a few of our mids how to find the pill)

I like the look of our defense in 2-3 years time if we are still around.

Chom
Log
Dawson Jr
Dawson Sr
Goater
Archer
Bergman
Hardeman

Hell I could even find a roll for fisher in a defense with 5 other competent defenders.

Midfield-

Warlord
Sheezel (if he puts on 6-9kg)
Powell (if he puts on 6-9kg
McKercher

Our weakest group. We need a no.1 big bull and one or two more runners (preferably all above 6’2”)

Forwards-

Larkey
Duursma
Ford
Curtis
Harvey
George

The obvious hole is chf and a speedy small forward.

Rucks
X
Need depth, especially if Goad doesn’t come through.

Don’t think I missed anyone of note?
No one that will be on the list in 2-3 years anyhow.

A promising bunch with 3-4 massive holes to fill, and plenty off experience, endurance, strength and skill to gain for the lot of them.
What do you mean if we are still around Bloody hell of course we will be still around.

Random thought that is probably terrible, but hey that's what this place is for.

Bring in both Macrae brothers.

Fin a young in and under not getting game time, Jack cracking the shits with Bevo.

Finlay gets senior games and Jack comes over to play with his brother and make coin (and maybe teach a few of our mids how to find the pill)
Both boys are quality men as well, come from a great family and would be an ideal package for NMFC. I firmly believe another experienced hard head such as Parker is essential. The benifits for Sheez, George Zane et al are plain to see.
Seeing Luke playing at his current standard last night was depressing as fan imagine how a 19 year old trying to make his own path feels?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back