List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wines would be huge. 3yrs plus a trigger for 4.
Ignore what footy he could be playing in 3yrs time and ignore which players he might push out on the centre square. The bloke would set standards and teach these kids alot! This is exactly what we need. Leadership!

5 years for wines, no but 3 years plus trigger...then not bad.

Hmm wonder what this means for battle
I really want him
Interesting….salary cap only stretches so far..even with increase….
I look at that club and see many problems with players they will eventually have to cover with retirements ..but if they’re happy to blow large amounts of cash for the now ..which l think it is ….let them do it ..and be stuffed down the track….

Interesting….salary cap only stretches so far..even with increase….
I look at that club and see many problems with players they will eventually have to cover with retirements ..but if they’re happy to blow large amounts of cash for the now ..which l think it is ….let them do it ..and be stuffed down the track….
I like his flexibility.
We need talls at both ends.
I think he's massively underated.
Throw the cash front load the hell out of it and we will be a far better team next year.
At some stage we need to get some improvement going or we will lose more players.

If players feel that team mates are thinking of leaving surely the harmony between the playing group has to be affected. Zuurhar and LDU need to re-sign soon or state that they are going. There is no point keeping the playing group guessing especially for Zuurhar who has said he wants to see improvement in the side when he might be part of the issue in not showing improvement.

LDU is contracted until 2025, he doesn't need to do anything right now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know height isn't everything but Battle is only 193cm.... the media call us undersized currently with Dawson 195, Corr 195, Biggie 197 odd and chom 200, even Pink at 194 is taller....

Chom Logue and battle works for me
Good bye to the rest.
There like a bag of potato gems.
Might show a bit more promise but when it all comes down to it there still spuds.
We would be set for kpds.
Start working on forwards.
winning charlie sheen GIF

Good bye to the rest.
Might show a bit more promise but when it all comes down to it there still spuds.
I like both our Dawsons as KPDs including the above. Unfortunately like everywhere on the ground it’s going to take time.

I like his flexibility.
We need talls at both ends.
I think he's massively underated.
Throw the cash front load the hell out of it and we will be a far better team next year.
At some stage we need to get some improvement going or we will lose more players.
A crafty plan..and worth the punt..
If sainters are blowing large sums of cash for the possibility of weitering it isn’t going to Battle .
Go fishing and ask….is an upgrade on what we have in place at the moment…nothing to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing with Logue, battle and chom is all 3 can swing forward.
Kallan is ok as a bit of a stop gap but we can't for example play 2 of him pink and biggie.
KD's miles ahead of the other two. I think he'll end up on a par with Scott Thompson - a mature age player who becomes a fantastic player for us. Might not get an AA gig but if he backs his ability to come off his player and hit a contest and naturally improves over a couple of years he could be a spectacular attacking backman.

KD's miles ahead of the other two. I think he'll end up on a par with Scott Thompson - a mature age player who becomes a fantastic player for us. Might not get an AA gig but if he backs his ability to come off his player and hit a contest and naturally improves over a couple of years he could be a spectacular attacking backman.
This is how the flexibility of Logue, battle and comben would help us.
If he comes on one of them moves forward.
Kallan is much improved this year I do agree but he needs to jump another level again to be a kpd in a finals team.
Im by no means writing him off. He does have potential. We just need improvement in the next 18 months not in 3-4 years.

Good bye to the rest.

That would be two 193s and a 200... feel need someone taller and broader for the gorillas and chom isn't best suited

Last edited:
Nothing I'd imagine. He'll get some of the money when Weitering knocks back the offer.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Probably true he has been talking about keeping the group together until carlton gets a flag.
1.5m a year is a big jump from the 900k carlton could offer him though.

So which gorilla are you proposing then?
He's easily the best kpd we have a chance with.

Agree ain't a lot out there... like the thought of bringing Mac home or Leek but neither would be for the gorillas. Henry another but can't see him moving and reckon he is only around the 193 too

Adock, Barlow and Clarke should have absolute zero input on this.

This is a serious decision that impacts the future of the football club and moves well beyond the authority of the coach.

$1m x 5 year deals with draft capital attached to it should not be decided by Rawlings or Clarko.

It needs to be ratified by the entire board, so the membership can have accountability to any decision and correct oversight.

Clarko and Rawlings could be gone well before this contract is even half finished.

It's why none of these decisions are made remotely at the level of Scouts or head coaches in American sports. The GM works for the owner and above the sporting department.

In this instance it would have to be the relevant Executive (CEO Jenn Watt, GM-Football Todd Viney) seeking ratification from the 7 sitting board members.

Rawlings is hardly a GM in the real sense in terms of commercial experience. He should be a pitching a proposal to Watt and Viney only.

Given their track record the last few years, there is zero confidence in this current administration and the membership deserves future accountability for any decisions.

The board serves the members of the club.

If they manufacture another Polec/Pittard decision or a ramped up version of Dylan Stephens or CCJ, it could put the future of the football club at risk given our onfield performances for the last 5 years and I don't say that with any hyperbole.

Absolutely this.

Should probably just email this to the board directly, make sure they are on the same page.

Assuming we also trust the board I guess.

Agree ain't a lot out there... like the thought of bringing Mac home or Leek but neither would be for the gorillas. Henry another but can't see him moving and reckon he is only around the 193 too

I don't mind lossing zurhaar.
We have plenty of mid sized forwards.
It would set us back development years but he's not dragging us across the line for wins.
Ldu is a different kettle of fish. We 100% can't lose him he's our only fully grown good mid.
We've got the extra 12 months to improve and convince ldu. Just refuse any trades this year and go all in on bringing in some key pillars to get us moving.
This trade period is very important. Our young guys will improve again next year. But we can't recruit any kpps for instant impact from the draft.
Fa and trade and throw the cash is our only option. It's time for the second coming of the cash cowboys.
The other upside of offering a guy like battle crazy money is we won't have any left for Brady to recruit the next Stephens .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back