List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gettable segment at the end

LDU - "not gettable this year, very gettable next year"
Melican - "not gettable - has hit a trigger for another year"
Moyle - "gettable - multiple clubs are looking in the ruck space"
Losing LDU would set the midfield back to square one. Simply can not happen.

No, numbers are facts. Goals are numbers, wins are numbers, losses are numbers, percentage is a number. Those are the metrics used to determine performance in a sporting competition and the entire game is about giving yourself the best possible chance of being on the positive side of the ledger.

In any case, the last time we looked anything other than inept for any sustained period of time was the back end of 2021. Three seasons ago. If we don't count that it was 2019. Five seasons ago.

You absolutely have a point in regards to tactics - but that is an entirely separate issue to why after all this time we are still in a prolonged period of shitness.
Yeah thats what i meant, the numbers suggest you are factually correct.

If North draft Smillie. Where does that leave Will Phillips
Leaves rotations with 2 of LDU, Smillie and Powell. Smillie could do a season or two off HB or HF with pinch hitting roles in the middle. Which leaves room for Simpkin in the mix for a while longer. Then 1 of Wardlaw and Phillips as the 3rd mid who rotate mid/ forward.

I agree with this, we have an abundance of defenders and we need to be targeting the other end of the ground, especially if Cam goes and we lose TT and Cam in the same year.

I'd love to see Ford tried down back as well - 190cm, brilliant mark, smart footballer and kicks it beautifully.
I would just like ford to played anywhere on the ground really. He is too good and valuable to be learning the game in the vfl. Play him in the ruck for all I care, just get him in the 22.

But yes, I have often thought he could be an inspired HB weapon rebounding and kicking goals outside 50 on the run ala King, Wright, Turtle.

Not that the bloke needs a tug but over two years ago TAO made a post on here about rebuilds and how 50% of our players (back then) won't even be on our list by the time we start competing again. It was a logical guess considering how deep we cut, and backed by past examples.

I remember ppl laughed at the post. But i get that, it's easy to forget the churn required and instead imagine it's all going to work out on the first or second attempt. Soooooo much has to go right when you take a team that far back and the process extends if you make the wrong decisions.

It's a sad moment when that realisation hits, that we're going to churn through a lot of favourite players until we find the team that's going to make it.

I still don't think many ppl realise how lucky we are to have gotten Clarko and Viney to do it. Experienced ppl who are less likely to fk it up. I only wish they came earlier.
Thank you , it must of been during one of my occassional lucid moments,

And stop it King Corey 😁

Leaves rotations with 2 of LDU, Smillie and Powell. Smillie could do a season or two off HB or HF with pinch hitting roles in the middle. Which leaves room for Simpkin in the mix for a while longer. Then 1 of Wardlaw and Phillips as the 3rd mid who rotate mid/ forward.
I am confident that you put Wardlaw anywhere on the ground and he will win the 50/50.

Jy, Tom and Will could both be serviceable across the HF line. All are decent with defensive pressure, can kick a goal and in Will’s and Tom’s case, are good kicks inside 50. All three could be part of the midfield rotation.

Jy and Will would want to improve drastically their form and fitness on this year with another young star coming into the mids.

A Saints fan called SEN Sportsday today saying that Josh Battle to North is legit. 6-year deal at $1m.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, does he hate North? Maybe stems from the '70's rivalry instilled by his old man.
Nah … not Josh . Too young to remember the 70’s .. Toss would but they have been successful in every decade since I can remember. So they would have multiple rivalries I’d say .
70’s Us
80’s *
90’s Cats
00’s ?
10’s ?

Josh Battle would build depth in the critical area of guys not quick enough to cover smalls and not big enough the handle talls. I like it.

Josh battle for 6 mil, hmmm, what's his contract status like this year?

Is he on the outter at saints?

Logue + Chom is definitely not elite. I like them - but this is another example of North fans vastly over rating our players.

Defenders are subjected to the midfield, you could have fletcher martyn silvani there and still be belted each game when we have a very green midfield.

Losing LDU would set the midfield back to square one. Simply can not happen.

No, ldu to free agency is exactly what we need because it will force the evolutionary response from the rest of the mid rotation. Him there stunts the current group in which everyone looks up to him to perform where with im gone, the key mids will all be required to step up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back