List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Give the club some credit!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No no, it's a legit question. He is not like logue and corr, both mentioned were either not in their main squad or about to be on the outer. If battle is one of saint's best player and not starved of opp, then i find it very hard for him to move.

If there is a jesse hogan type character who needs to place to rebuild his career, then we are a good place to be a 'last chancer' type situation.

Look i could be wrong, the deal might really be too good to be true. Also for the type of player he is then 6 x 1 mil is needed as he plays key position and is 25 so at the prime of his career.

DOGS OFFER YOUNGSTER DEAL​

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have put a contract offer to first-round pick Jedd Busslinger as the developing tall defender reaches the midway point of his second season at the club.

Busslinger was the Dogs' No.13 pick at the 2022 AFL draft but is yet to break through for his debut at the top level in the club's well-stocked talls department.

The West Australian is one of only two first-round picks from that season yet to re-sign beyond his standard two-year deal, with Swan Jacob Konstanty, the No.20 pick that season, also remaining out of contract beyond this year.

Konstanty is gathering rival interest as a small forward and also is yet to get in a shot at AFL level with the Swans.

The Dogs have made a contract offer to extend Busslinger beyond the end of this season. – Callum Twomey

Have heard that Konstanty isn’t all that happy in Sydney and is happy to field offers from Melbourne based clubs.

Not exactly lighting it up in the VFL, but those tackle numbers are solid for a small forward.

5B6E9192-0EC2-48E1-BD3F-8AA3575789F5.jpeg

isn't scott also the same c word who thought giving a second chance to thomas is a good idea?
I was literally just thinking how good Lindsay Thomas was, how I miss him, and wondering how long before we see his kids pulling on the #12. Then I saw your post and was a bit perplexed.....ahhhh, that Thomas. Let's face it, Scott wouldn't be talking about second chances and rehab if he was a talentless plodder. In fact no one would.

I was literally just thinking how good Lindsay Thomas was, how I miss him, and wondering how long before we see his kids pulling on the #12. Then I saw your post and was a bit perplexed.....ahhhh, that Thomas. Let's face it, Scott wouldn't be talking about second chances and rehab if he was a talentless plodder. In fact no one would.

Correct him and his brothers are opportunists who think they have what it takes to turn thomas around.

He thinks thomas is another dirty gem to add to his collection only to get slapped in the face with a leaked mail plus yet another investigation. The thomas train has truly choo choo-ed now.

So in short:

• Godfather offers bring in Parker and Battle
  • Clarko calls up an old friend in Hardwick to pay him a lot of money to improve our small defence stocks no end
  • Smillie to fill our big bodied mid stocks
  • some kind of draft miracle that nabs us Luke Trainor (or even CZ compo?)
  • Fisher to go small forward when all of Bergs, Goater, George, Kerch, Hardeman and Sheezel are available to rotate thru HBF, otherwise, Stengle and Ainsworth are FAs
  • 2025: we play finals, yeah?

Last edited:
Bit hard on the ol'Chom don't you think...better forward? Battle's kicked 28 goals in his 100 game career vs 5 in 15 games...at this stage they both have a 0.3 goal average?

Seriously, we keep dicking around trying to slot defenders into this forward line when we have a perfectly good 22yo KPF masquerading as a defender - just don't get it!

Hows this for an idea..how about we attract a Battle or some other 2nd defender to release Chom to go forward? Maybe a small forward to crumb at the feet when Chom busts packs? It might be an out there idea but...but it might work?:nomouth:
Chom is a shit set shot kick. He stays back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We definitely need more experience.
I'm not sure I like any of the other FA's.
As long as we keep pick one I will be happy.
I'd hate another wooden spoon and still no pick 1 on our list.

You don't like Mcglugg or Stengle or Berry? Agree first two would be near impossible given our current situation but Berry would have thought would give that big body mid? Not sure why we need specifically need a no1 on our list, don't we just need top end talent irrelevant if the number they went at? Carlton had three early 2005-10 not sure it got them anywhere!

Throw the sink at JUH and English. Grab Mcrea also. Go offer JUH 1.3m x 5

JUH is going nowhere in the short term just rejected all the big offers and signed for another 2

So in short:

• Clarko calls up an old friend in Hardwick to pay him a lot of money to improve our small defence stocks no end
  • Fisher to go small forward when all of Bergs, Goater, George, Kerch, Hardeman and Sheezel are available to rotate thru HBF, otherwise, Stengle and Ainsworth are FAs

I'm more in the split the number one camp, as top 5 prob be mids. Try get Berry, Parker wines to fill that big body. Hopefully trainor slips to out the 5, then have another top ten pick to lure a gun a grader... couple that with some FAs

It's forward that's an issue, can't see any light. Only LMac mk2 OOC, need to shake some trees but they will cost capital

Last edited:
So in short:

2025:

Archer - Comben - Bergman

Goater - Logue(L)- Dawson

———————————————————

Scott(L) - Parker (FA)(L) - McKercher

Xerri - Davies-Uniacke - Wardlaw(VC)

———————————————————

Ford - Battle (FA) - Sheezel(VC)

Hardwick(T)(L) - Larkey(C) - Szekely (MSD)

———————————————————

Simpkin(L) Curtis Smillie Powell

S: Duursma

These are the levers I would pull. It’s a much more balanced team with an actual spine to it.

You don't like Mcglugg or Stengle or Berry? Agree first two would be near impossible given our current situation but Berry would have thought would give that big body mid? Not sure why we need specifically need a no1 on our list, don't we just need top end talent irrelevant if the number they went at? Carlton had three early 2005-10 not sure it got them anywhere!

Before we got it one club ever had traded pick 1.
We seem to think it's a good idea ever year
Mclugg and berry are decent players. I'm not sure they would be available to us. Prizing top players out of a premiership contender to the wooden spoon club is almost impossible.
Berry would-be my preference from the three I just think he's the sort of player we over pay for.

Before we got it one club ever had traded pick 1.
We seem to think it's a good idea ever year
Mclugg and berry are decent players. I'm not sure they would be available to us. Prizing top players out of a premiership contender to the wooden spoon club is almost impossible.
Berry would-be my preference from the three I just think he's the sort of player we over pay for.

We have looked at doing it in the past as have needed multiple top enders as opposed to the one.. same reason I thought eagles should have done it too as they need more than Reid, but he is a gun

Are Bris contenders though? Currently in 13th and both Mcg and Berry are vics, but yes to us , no doubt will be hard if not impossible which is the prob with FA good in theory as no draft capital but when do they go to bottom teams?

We have looked at doing it in the past as have needed multiple top enders as opposed to the one.. same reason I thought eagles should have done it too as they need more than Reid, but he is a gun

Are Bris contenders though? Currently in 13th and both Mcg and Berry are vics, but yes to us , no doubt will be hard if not impossible which is the prob with FA good in theory as no draft capital but when do they go to bottom teams?

Brisbane made the gf last year. Even if they don't make finals this year the chance of them bouncing back are pretty high I reckon.
Getting the Ashcrofts while being top of the ladder will mean they won't really bottom out.

North really need to stand up to the afl around getting some genuine assistance to get our list competitive again

Its established that free agents leave underperforming clubs not leave them so that lever is non applicable

If they are serious about equalisation then they need to do it seriously, I am sick of hearing the BS that “ other clubs would riot if nmfc got more assistance “

The advantages that practically every club in the AFL bar the smaller Melbourne clubs are significant

Based on finances, business opportunities available to attract players, academies etc etc

At this point in time our only legitimate source of improvement is through the draft

I was disappointed to hear Todd point blank rule out further assistance. Because we need it and I am sure the case could be genuinely made a lot more eloquently and more in depth than I have attempted to do so hear

Brisbane made the gf last year. Even if they don't make finals this year the chance of them bouncing back are pretty high I reckon.
Getting the Ashcrofts while being top of the ladder will mean they won't really bottom out.

They are a good team don't get me wrong but think their premiership window is closing.... but daniher, Cameron and Neale are all north of 30 now

If there was a trade period for campaigners, Chris Scott would be the hottest property on the market

Remove this Banner Ad

Back