List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind a good mercenary myself.

Find it hard to argue against a third rounder to take Lobb off the Dogs' books.

i wouldn't mind lobb because he is on his last chance saloon. that dude is massively talented and we are club that lacks star power so it's only good for him to get the attention and in turn, he needs to perform.

Lobb would be a key position version of Jared Polec.

Remember when we "needed" him because we needed outside run and polish?

To paraphrase the metal icon Ronan Keating, sometimes "you trade it best, when you trade for nothing at all".

I don't think we got because he's Polish mate . That's a tad ridiculous.

But for the life of me i couldnt understand why we haven't gone after a few key fwd post brown leaving, 2m pete was available that year and he would be only 2 years older than larkey today. Could've had weidermann who wasn't getting a game down in melb. Did not draft luke mcdonald.

No wonder the 3 recruiters got sacked midseason in 2022.

Weideman is absolutely awful

Stephenson was one of the better recruits under noble with him being put on ball.

I reckon he should still be put on ball to force him to be constantly mercurial.

Speaking of key fwd, we did indeed screw up on that as we could've had at least one of 2m pete or sam weirdmann who's not even getting a game on essendon's list.
CCJ is better than Weirdmann Radical Roo.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes mate but you know what happens when Lobby meets The Snoz, he straight away thinks to himself..

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me wherever I fall..
POTW, WITHOUT A DOUBT, COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING! :laughing:

It would be great if we could split pick 1 and get 2 of M. Whitlock, Kako, Trainor and Lalor
While it sounds good, this would be very dangerous to do, your giving up Finn o"sullivan and Josh Smillie and there's always a bolter who could make a run for that top 5 in the draft, who's in white hot form. I do like your train of thought though as I've thought the same thing, getting say Kako and either Trainor, Harry o "Farrell or Jonty Faull or the best forward at the champs.

To do it imo would require at least 3 clubs and we would be getting back in return 3 first rounders, 2 first rounders this year and a future first might not be a bad thing considering next years draft players who look unbelievable.

I don’t mind this pie in the sky hypothetical team:

K. Dawson Logue Corr
Goater Comben Hardeman

Ford Davies-Uniacke McKercher
Xerri Sanders Wardlaw

Sheezel Lobb Powell
Curtis Larkey Hardwick

Tucker Simpkin Duursma McDonald

Fisher

Trade out 1 + Zurhaar combo (19) for:

Hardwick, Sanders, Lobb and 2 First rounders to pick up 2 additional KPP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Port trade out Wines who is contracted for 2 more years for a 3rd rounder?
to free up cap space

Instead of paying him to play less and less inside mid mins

If he wants out (for money, come back to vic and inside mid mins) you’d trade him

We traded sook Francis who wanted out for unders

to free up cap space
Nah, our cap space has always been well managed and could only really be tight in 3 or so years time.
Instead of paying him to play less and less inside mid mins

I reckon Ollie would be pretty happy sharing his midfield time with Butters, JHF and Rozee at this time of his career
If he wants out (for money, come back to vic and inside mid mins) you’d trade him
He'd be doing fine for $

We traded sook Francis who wanted out for unders
And we thank you

But for the life of me i couldnt understand why we haven't gone after a few key fwd post brown leaving, 2m pete was available that year and he would be only 2 years older than larkey today. Could've had weidermann who wasn't getting a game down in melb. Did not draft luke mcdonald.

No wonder the 3 recruiters got sacked midseason in 2022.
It's not often I agree with you ChairmanZia but I'm with you on this, why we didn't show any interest in 2 Meter Peter is beyond me.

Nah, our cap space has always been well managed and could only really be tight in 3 or so years time.

I reckon Ollie would be pretty happy sharing his midfield time with Butters, JHF and Rozee at this time of his career

He'd be doing fine for $

And we thank you

I mean it's not like any Wines trade is going to be him asking to leave and you playing hard ball. He'll either finish his career at Port (most likely) or you'll help him get somewhere else if he wants a new challenge.

It's not often I agree with you ChairmanZia but I'm with you on this, why we didn't show any interest in 2 Meter Peter is beyond me.
I thought we did but 2MP didn't reciprocate the interest.

Could be mistaken.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I mean it's not like any Wines trade is going to be him asking to leave and you playing hard ball. He'll either finish his career at Port (most likely) or you'll help him get somewhere else if he wants a new challenge.
Agree pretty much but what would be interesting is what his trade value is, being a required, contracted upper echelon player obviously has decent currency.

Wasn’t Scott always into him?

I recall, Peter and Fogarty being two players
Surprised No Way GIF by Laff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back