Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

Should play on the oppositions best tall forward every week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He is a bloody handful the big lump of a lad.
He can outrun you, chase you down, stand on your head and rough you up.
I’m backing him to have a big season.
He is also mildly erratic with his general play and decision making, generally without making big mistakes.

Unpredictable is probably a better word.

A defenders nightmare who rely on systems and predictability.

I've been saying for years he was wasted down back he's a genetic freak like Kouta and has all the physical gifts to be a generational player. Hope everybody else loaded up on him for the Coleman at 151-1. He was at least 101-1 and ya only need 50-60 goals to win the Coleman. He's gonna have weeks where he kicks 0 and weeks where he kicks 6-8. Wtf can man him up????

Pretty sure the club will stick with him forward/ruck if at all possible. He will have tougher opponents when forward and in the ruck but I think Yze is on the right lines here, Balta in the ruck can drift back and do a lot of damage coming out of that backline, plus present problems for opponents forward and in the middle, especially when used in bursts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let him do what he wants and where we need him otherwise. Give him an open pass like a little kid with an all day pass and free rides in Disney Land.
Aus kick style
See ball get ball kick ball between sticks

Miller was very good in the VFL. A bit of a shaky kicking start, it was windy, but the longer the game went the better he was. Trezise is more defensive than Brown and plays quite tall, so he could come in also which leaves Balta forward, which is a much better option I think.

He was great tonight, all across the ground.
Apart from that horrendous kick across the corridor that gifted them a goal. He needs to get these cr@p short kicks out of his game, they are always so costly. Other than that, he was awesome last night

Apart from that horrendous kick across the corridor that gifted them a goal. He needs to get these cr@p short kicks out of his game, they are always so costly. Other than that, he was awesome last night
Yeh agree, look I think he's still good for one WTF moment a game, but he's not the only one in our side that does them,

Also, his benefits and upside far outweigh them, even though they do occur.

Yeh agree, look I think he's still good for one WTF moment a game, but he's not the only one in our side that does them,

Also, his benefits and upside far outweigh them, even though they do occur.
In fairness that wtf moment only came after he was having a spell down back as well 😂

Leave the wild colt forward and let him run riot

Please leave Noah forward!
Tylar Young will be back after next week & last year he proved he could be a capable tall stopper - then Miller / Brown / maybe Kozi maybe Bauer to work alongside Grimes and Broad with Vlastuin doing his elite stuff, let's see if we can hold on in defence.

Noah IMO can become a very high quality CHF / 2nd Ruck - could be a match-up nightmare for oppo's - don't want to once again compromise what he could become as an offensive weapon to once again swing him back.

Kicked 4.1 this season and is averaging 19 disposals. Forward experiment is working well so far, so agree with sentiments to keep him there.

My dream would be to play Balta, Lynch, and Lefau in the forward line once he gets settled. That forward line would be a unit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back