22,927 attendance for Collingwood home game

Remove this Banner Ad

To think the AFL have scheduled Richmond at Sleepy Hollow in a couple of weeks!!!! Lucky to get 2000 of us in that so called boutique stadium. What a disgrace AFL. Now we are #1 for attendances I wonder if the League will schedule Pies Bombers and Blues next year?
Mate, the AFL will always chose the weakest of the Big 4 clubs;)

I think it is a discrase though, Richmond should be playing Geelong at the MCG, 2 clubs near the top of the ladder and there are more Tiger fans wanting to go to the game than the entire Simmons Stadium holds!!! Its outrageous! Still they usually play Geelong vs Richmond games at that dump Etihad.....

Don't know where you got that mail from?
Didn't they have some huge celebration a few weeks ago about the last derby played at Domain. Their always seemed to be a lot of passion in the ground too, especially when West Coast and Fremantle were near the top of the ladder

Didn't they have some huge celebration a few weeks ago about the last derby played at Domain. Their always seemed to be a lot of passion in the ground too, especially when West Coast and Fremantle were near the top of the ladder
Haha yes we did, although it was more around celebrating the fact that we don't have to play another derby at Domain again.

As for passion at the ground, we are derided for having an old, boring and quiet supporter base, while simultaneously intimidating the umpires with our noise of affirmation and boos. I think there is passion for the team, but definitely not the stadium

Well said

But seriously, in defense or North or Collingwood; Etihad Stadium is the worst VFL/AFL venue of all time, no despite. I can't think of a ground before where both the home fans and away fans hate the place. Essendon are really the only club to ever make it into a fortress. Apart from Essendon fans, no every day fan would rather go to Etihad over the G.

What exactly is wrong with Etihad? I'm genuinely curious it looks pretty good on TV

It's a convenient out for a supporter group who have given up. When they're doing well the joint is packed and hating the ground is conveniently forgotten .
Not really though. When was the last time we packed out Etihad against an interstate side? We got more to the game against Port at the G a couple of weeks ago than we did against them in round 1 of 2011 at etihad. We don't like the place.

The Richmond wood worms have flown out of the closet again, so what?

This kind of thing has gone on for 100 years.
I didn't say anything to warrant that response. All I've done is add facts to the thread so people could have informed discussion.

Why are you trying to discriminate discussion based on the team I support? If you can't have sensible discussion with supporters of other clubs on the shared boards maybe you should stick to your own.

So can we all just admit the OP is the biggest flog on BigFooty and be done with it?

I didn't say anything to warrant that response. All I've done is add facts to the thread so people could have informed discussion.

Why are you trying to discriminate discussion based on the team I support? If you can't have sensible discussion with supporters of other clubs on the shared boards maybe you should stick to your own.

he does have trouble playing with others....

ahem - north can afford it fine, we're the ones who made a profit. can't say the same about essendon.

Oh sweet cheeks... learn how to read, and more importantly understand, a financial statement - then come back and tell me how good that of North Melbourne is...

Round 13 2012 Collingwood played west coast mcg 62,957 in attendances

5 years on at Etihad 22,927. If the game was at the mcg the crowd would of more likely been 32,927

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 13 2012 Collingwood played west coast mcg 62,957 in attendances

5 years on at Etihad 22,927. If the game was at the mcg the crowd would of more likely been 32,927

Also round 19 2016 Collingwood 12th played west coast 6th place with only 7 wins (same as this year) drew 34,929. Collingwood base home crowd support when not playing finals at the g is 30,000. At Etihad is 20,000.

Collingwood dispise Etihad more then any other club (along with Melbourne).

The only clubs who seem to embrace Etihad are the Doggies who are averaging 30,000 of their fans this year and Essendon who are averaging 40,000 to their home games at Etihad.

Saints and North are only averaging 20,000. North have the smallest fan base so i understand but the saints who use to embrace Etihad from 2004-2011 seem not to go to any of the matches

-Haven't played finals for a few
years
-Not playing finals this year
-Mid winter bleak weather
-Sunday
-3.00pm start
-Interstate opponent
-Etihad

Change one of those factors and we would add 10,000 to the crowd
Change two and add another 20,000
Change three and we'd add another 30,000

When we are rolling, playing at the G on a decent Saturday @ 2.00pm we pull 60,000 easy.

-Haven't played finals for a few
years
-Not playing finals this year
-Mid winter bleak weather
-Sunday
-3.00pm start
-Interstate opponent
-Etihad

Change one of those factors and we would add 10,000 to the crowd
Change two and add another 20,000
Change three and we'd add another 30,000

When we are rolling, playing at the G on a decent Saturday @ 2.00pm we pull 60,000 easy.

Like In 2012 round 13 Saturday twiglight game 62,957 the biggest home and away crowd in Victoria for west coast

So our lowest crowd against an interstate team at a ground our fans dislike is about the same as an average kangaroos crowd?

Sorry but what was the point of this thread again!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So our lowest crowd against an interstate team at a ground our fans dislike is about the same as an average kangaroos crowd?

Sorry but what was the point of this thread again!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apart from the attention seeking/distracting from recent chastising of North's productive youth from the op, there's a distasteful element of queue worshippers stinking up this place.

Media filth need to drum up crowd numbers for ratings grabs while sad flogs on bigfooty are brainwashed into the 'Richmond lifestyle'.

Some might like to line up, spend half a day in traffic/car parks/bars with obscured views, but it's generally a media beat up of overpaid flogs being forced to watch neutral 2017 football or driven by journalists that support s**t to almost meaningless clubs.

Last edited:

His own supporters dont want him either. Instead he gets to stink up the joint here like what life on Earth might be like if a spray tan achieved sentience. I was hoping that he's a hallucination resulting from certain pharmaceutical imbalances but alas my hopes and dreams have come to nought and he does indeed seem ferociously himself. A human dumpster fire.

lol OP nice try. We just speak the truth here, no hard feelings. North crowds, the way they play and their entire whinging mentality is a disgrace to the AFL and offer nothing. Once Hutchy's plan is implemented, hopefully it will give us a proper solution to get rid of you flogs for good.

NO ONE.............and I mean..........NO ONE...........can ever have a crack at my club about attendances again!

The discussion is DEAD!

This is not meant to rile pies fans, I get that you have had a frustrating year, but I doubt i'll ever get a better opportunity to prove a point.

It will be over soon.
You can move to Tassie with the Roos and enjoy an easy going life on a farm.

Problem with north Melbourne even with the success they had in the 90's no one follows them...... gee even Melbourne who have only been in 2 grand finals in the last 53 years are 4th in attendances in 2017 playing some good footy for the first time in 11 years.

North need to relocate to Hobart coz they have no future in Melbourne with their 5 people who support them. Sydney have a bigger following in Victoria and south Melbourne relocated 35 years ago. Think initially they relocated the wrong team lol

Oh sweet cheeks... learn how to read, and more importantly understand, a financial statement - then come back and tell me how good that of North Melbourne is...
upload_2017-7-26_9-19-0.png
upload_2017-7-26_9-20-34.png

maybe you can teach me - i'm looking here and it says north made almost 20x essendon's profit....

edit: before anyone brings in the ASADA/WADA fees, that was only $5M in fees

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-26_9-19-30.png
    upload_2017-7-26_9-19-30.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back