Player Watch #22 Nick Blakey - bid received at pick 10, matched by the Swans

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
If he kicks 2 goals a game he is in the top 12 tall forwards in the league, better than any season Sam Reid has ever had, better than Taylor Walker last year, on par with Jarryd Roughead.

I'll set my sights considerably lower and dream of a 1 goal average like Franklin had in his first year
So what you're saying is... that there's a chance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kiama Chris

All Australian
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
If he kicks 2 goals a game he is in the top 12 tall forwards in the league, better than any season Sam Reid has ever had, better than Taylor Walker last year, on par with Jarryd Roughead.

I'll set my sights considerably lower and dream of a 1 goal average like Franklin had in his first year
Against this defence he should kick 2 as third forward. Against WCE not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RainMachine

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Every week we see at least a glimpse of what he will be

Some magical stuff early yesterday

Thought he showed some impact that wouldn’t show on the stat sheet when the game was there to be won potentially
Could be pushing more and more midfield/wing next year as his tank continues to develop

Built like a sentient broomstick, but classy, deceptively quick, a pest, and not afriad to get his little lizard hands dirty

TheMase

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Every week we see at least a glimpse of what he will be

Some magical stuff early yesterday

Thought he showed some impact that wouldn’t show on the stat sheet when the game was there to be won potentially
I’d be playing him off a wing now personally.

I also think Reid, Buddy, McCartin and Menzel is still one too many key forward types (Menzel is smaller than a key but is a marking forward).

Superstar swan

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
While he hasnt blown games away or been a star by any stretch..he has shown a little something in just abut every game that indicates how good he can be.

We have seen sublime skills, speed, tackling, strong marks anr aggression. Overall very happy with his debut season and cant wait to see how much he develops next year

Bonz

Insert something witty here
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
While he hasnt blown games away or been a star by any stretch..he has shown a little something in just abut every game that indicates how good he can be.

We have seen sublime skills, speed, tackling, strong marks anr aggression. Overall very happy with his debut season and cant wait to see how much he develops next year
For his first two or three seasons its unlikely we are going to see him dominating matches, but if we can get regular signs then its all going to be worth it.

Remember Blakey is probably close to the least physically developed player on our list so we will need to show a heap of patience.

S120

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of those little around-the-corner kicks on his left from him. Something I've barely seen out of anyone else in memory and he can do them running at full-pace with strong accuracy.

His combination of athleticism, pace, marking, and skill could make for a seriously good player.

Superstar swan

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Even though there are guys like walsh and rozee who have been far more productive than blakey, i wouldnt trade either for him.. hes just so much of an unknown. His talent is obvious but you could make a case for him being either a key forward or mid...exciting times ahead

Top Bottom