AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

or they just didn't want to play him

Doesn't make sense really. I'm sort of curious if it's a structure thing, forcing them not to rely on him? But even that sounds dumb now I type it 'aloud'.
I don't think it sounds dumb. It's match practise, so training by extension. No Stringer meant Laverde and Smack had to work harder. If that's the rationale, I like it.
Stringer on the other hand will still get some work into the legs and hopefully plenty of practise in front of goals. I reckon he'll play alongside Laverde in the 2nd Marsh game.

I don't think it sounds dumb. It's match practise, so training by extension. No Stringer meant Laverde and Smack had to work harder. If that's the rationale, I like it.
Stringer on the other hand will still get some work into the legs and hopefully plenty of practise in front of goals. I reckon he'll play alongside Laverde in the 2nd Marsh game.

I wonder if you might be right, Laverde and Smack both played full-games which suggests we wanted to get the work in to them and see how the forwardline function using them surrounded by smalls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Minor corky apparently.

Jake was down to play a bit over a half. He looked sharp and showed his usual explosiveness in the centre bounces and forward. He copped a minor corky in the third quarter but was planned on being iced at that point anyway.

Riveting stuff from Jono Brown during the broadcast...."looks like he has a new role at the centre bounce this year " o_Oo_O
Another expert who obviously does not watch a lot of footy given it started at the start of last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back