AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Dixon always takes cracks at Essendon. You’ll notice he also backed it up by having a unsolicited crack at us not winning a final in XXXXX days. Take what he says with a grain of salt there’s a reason he’s been relegated to that cringe show Bounce
core part of the years where the hawks went how long without winning a final?

Dixon always takes cracks at Essendon. You’ll notice he also backed it up by having a unsolicited crack at us not winning a final in XXXXX days. Take what he says with a grain of salt there’s a reason he’s been relegated to that cringe show Bounce
Same as brereton, he’s gone past the boring stage brereton, he can not let Essendon go without continually having a crack. We live in his head. Dunstall is the same, not as strident as brereton but always having a dig. I can’t say they should move on because they clearly can’t.

Good article …his maturity comes across and big influence of Rutten and Caracella. Shows players like more direction.

I’ve got them shoehorning Bont on a flank at the expense of Zorko.
Bont will get in on star power

He was the #1 ranked player from rounds 1-15, #46 from 16-23

If Parish doesn't make it because his quiet start as some are suggesting Bont should definitely miss out

Same as brereton, he’s gone past the boring stage brereton, he can not let Essendon go without continually having a crack. We live in his head. Dunstall is the same, not as strident as brereton but always having a dig. I can’t say they should move on because they clearly can’t.
Difference with Derm is he is apologetically unabashed about it, like its his schtick.
And I'm ok with it, like he gives Essendon credit where its due, and then takes a cheeky dig. Id do the same to his mob if I was a talking head

Difference with Derm is he is apologetically unabashed about it, like its his schtick.
And I'm ok with it, like he gives Essendon credit where its due, and then takes a cheeky dig. Id do the same to his mob if I was a talking head
Fair enough, to me he is the worst special comments bloke going around, his Essendon blind spot just adds to the verbal diarrhoea.

Agreed. I actually like that about him. Rivalry is a great part of our game. He does it in a cheeky way, not a campaignery way.

Agreed. I actually like that about him. Rivalry is a great part of our game. He does it in a cheeky way, not a campaignery way.
Yep. And he's one of the best analysts in the game on TV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sticking to what you know isn’t a bad thing when it comes to commentary. Most of them just make it up and talk about sh*t that’s 2-3 years out of date

Yeah he’s no where near the worst. Wouldn’t say he’s someone offering interesting analysis like a Leppitsch or a Ross Lyon for instance.

According to the HS.

Stringer is the No.1 rated player in the AFL since round 14.

He credits Rutten with turning around his self-belief:

Jake Stringer has credited coach Ben Rutten for rebuilding his eroded self-belief and granting him the freedom that has seen the match winner transform into Essendon’s version of Dustin Martin.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/5725153455b483d00b5219ec8a0aa079

I disagree. Stick to his strengths which is centre bounce bull and dangerous forward. Best of both worlds. He's shown he gets a bit lost around the ground when playing midfield for extended minutes and struggles to have an impact outside of stoppages.

Really liked how the coaches used him on the weekend. Actually showed they are willing to try a thing or two outside the box.

Anyone else getting really tired of all this talk about his "new role" this year? We've been playing him this way for the best part of 3 seasons. Difference is this year he has the fitness/confidence to play it in beast mode for most of the game.

And please stop with the Dusty comparisons, he's not Dusty, he's Jake f&%#ing Stringer and I love him!

(quote from 21/05/2019 = couldn't help but toot my horn)

Anyone else getting really tired of all this talk about his "new role" this year? We've been playing him this way for the best part of 3 seasons. Difference is this year he has the fitness/confidence to play it in beast mode for most of the game.

And please stop with the Dusty comparisons, he's not Dusty, he's Jake f&%#ing Stringer and I love him!

Yep. I think this all the time. Don't feel his role has changed much either but even Jake mentioned something a out a new role so who knows.

His role has definitely changed

He was previously swapping minutes between playing Mid and then Playing forward

When people mention the “Dusty Role” it’s almost exclusively starting in the midfield at clearance, and then rolling forward to try create a mismatch in opponent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back