Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

Still think Scrimshaw will be a good player, but fu** me so grateful we ignored all the noise and traded for dion instead of hitting the draft. Wouldn’t of won the flag without him

Yep, same. Wanted the deal when it was unfashionable to say so and thought Pick6 was cheap.

most players look fairly ginger the day after a tough game

he has 2 weeks to recover, with the care AFL players get he should be fine

The second day was often worse still for me, though ice baths and light runs / exercise improves that in modern footy.

The second day was often worse still for me, through ice baths and light runs / exercise improves that in modern footy.

100%, second day after a game is worse for sure

these guys get around the clock treatment though, so by midweek they are moving well

100%, second day after a game is worse for sure

these guys get around the clock treatment though, so by midweek they are moving well
Watching replay thought he got a knock with about 10 mins to go but played out the game and was only on the bench for about the last minute or so
Two weeks off should see him right to go
Super important to the way we play

Watching replay thought he got a knock with about 10 mins to go but played out the game and was only on the bench for about the last minute or so
Very important to the way we play, would not suprise me if the BLs tag the human meatball with plenty of relish!

For the record Prestia did not cost pick 6.

He cost Pick 6 ( 1751 ) + Pick 38 ( 465 ) - Pick 24 ( 756 ) = Pick 9
1751 + 465 -756 = 1460 ( Pick 9 )

In player terms Sam Petreski-Seton +Jack Petruccelle = Dion Prestia + Cerdic Cox

We came away like bandits
Oh very good explanation of those pick ratings! Sooo pick 9 for the Meatball! Well done all around!

Hopefully it is like the Lynch one , he was hobbling around & we all thought the worst , he ended up playing that week, Dion at least can have a weeks rest !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unbelievable how he has managed to play every game! touch wood he keeps it up. so impressed with him this year, his ability to be so calm in tight and close is crucial, and he slips away like a bar of soap in the rain

for me he is leading the b and f, its him, dusty, houli, grimes and vlastuin as my predicted top 5

unbelievable how he has managed to play every game! touch wood he keeps it up. so impressed with him this year, his ability to be so calm in tight and close is crucial, and he slips away like a bar of soap in the rain

for me he is leading the b and f, its him, dusty, houli, grimes and vlastuin as my predicted top 5
Hmmmm...Meatball, Grimes, Houli, Dusty, Vlas....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prestia in finals

2017 vs Geelong

31 disposals 18 contested 5 clearances 6 tackles 1goal

2017 vs gws

22 disposals 9 contested 5 clearances 6 tackles 2 goal assists

2017 vs Adelaide

27 disposals 12 contested 5 clearances 3 tackles 1goal 1 goal assist

2018 vs hawks

26 disposals 10 contested 5 clearances 3 tackles 1 goal 8 score involvements

2018 vs pies

24 disposals 9 contested 4 clearances 5 tackles 4 score involvements

2019 vs Brisbane

32 disposals 19 contested 8 clearances 10 tackles 1 goal assist 6 score involvements

Been a great pick up and has repaid the faith put in him pick and $ wise big game player. Been top 3 in disposals or impact in every final

Prestia in finals

2017 vs Geelong

31 disposals 18 contested 5 clearances 6 tackles 1goal

2017 vs gws

22 disposals 9 contested 5 clearances 6 tackles 2 goal assists

2017 vs Adelaide

27 disposals 12 contested 5 clearances 3 tackles 1goal 1 goal assist

2018 vs hawks

26 disposals 10 contested 5 clearances 3 tackles 1 goal 8 score involvements

2018 vs pies

24 disposals 9 contested 4 clearances 5 tackles 4 score involvements

2019 vs Brisbane

32 disposals 19 contested 8 clearances 10 tackles 1 goal assist 6 score involvements

Been a great pick up and has repaid the faith put in him pick and $ wise big game player. Been top 3 in disposals or impact in every final
Big Big Game Player

Always performs in big games and gets the hard ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back