AFL Player #31: Zach Reid - Hamstring - 4 to 6 weeks - 19/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately i dont think any soft tissue injury from now on is a 'minor' incident for Zach.
Scott said as much on 360
his history, for now, means we'll always take the most cautious approach.

Hopefully its part of the long road back but it keeps him in good stead.

Thought he looked good until he went off. Worth persisting with, quite a few players on list 23 older who show a lot less. Yes often injured but think no chance quite a few clubs wouldn't take another club wouldn't take a punt. More sure than Cox of making it.

Damn.
A full preseason AND practice matches and he is all good.

Half a game of AFL footy and he's gone. The issue is, Zach's body seems to even fail at VFL level.

Obviously he has the talent but will He/we ever see it?

simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or are all our soft tissue injuries 30-50% longer duration than other clubs?

Time to look outside the square and get Ballet conditioning coach onboard. Those guys have indestructable hammys!

Is it just me or are all our soft tissue injuries 30-50% longer duration than other clubs?

Time to look outside the square and get Ballet conditioning coach onboard. Those guys have indestructable hammys!
They are. It seems to be we are now taking 2 or 3 weeks longer to bring them back compared to a few years ago.

Is there another sport so plagued by soft tissue injuries as AFL?

Can’t think of one….and when they do happen they seem to be treated easily enough. How many soccer players have careers seriously impacted or even ended by persistent soft tissue problems? Feels like a lot less common than in AFL (haven’t researched it).

Assume the issue is the unique combo of power running, endurance running, huge playing field, 360 degree environment requiring rapid changes of direction/acceleration and kicking requirement.

If anyone ever cracks the code on how to seriously reduces instances they’ll get very rich!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back