Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - B.Hill gets a hold of him vs Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a player there. I think he shows glimpses as an interceptor with those long arms. Ultimately he's on the fringes when we are competing

355% absolutely mental that he is on an AFL list.

Davies on a our VFL list is ten times the player, and he apparently isn't good enough.
sadly i think your on the money, i actually think you could pull dylan buckley out of retirement and he would me a better option, but like the congaline of triers on the well walked path he does have a crack, a poor comparison would be jack silvagni, a bit of a fringe player who battled to get to a point where he nailed down a best 22 spot, but sadly Jacko lacks the tools.

a page ago you all were talking this bloke saying he needs to play every game now the belief is he is no good and needs to be delisted.....

he had a bad game he wouldnt be the first player this year would he ffs
I think that was delusional about a guy who cracks in hard and gives it his all but there is plenty of better players at local level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t see many AFL attributes in JA.
He tries. Yes. But that’s about all he seems to have going for him.

You just have to wonder WTF we look at when we draft Father Sons?
Archer, Harvey, Scott, Crocker, McDonald……
And I’m tipping that ain’t the last of them.

I'm guessing the thinking doesn't extend too far past - they're OK, they come cheapish, don't want to risk passing on them and they come good elsewhere, let's keep some mates happy.

How about our boy Jackson. So poised, so professional. Has his father's courage and heart and pride and is growing into a phenomenal player. No way we win this today without him standing up in those key moments.
Phenomenal player maybe a bit of a stretch. But he is all heart that’s for sure and has his dads absolute distain for losing a contest. That can take you a long way.

I’ll tell you what, his body language when he was on the bench when we had the lead by just a few points (when ldu was trying to get back on)
was very different than on-field.

Obviously it’s going to sound like a criticism to whoever wants it to, but he seemed like he had accepted that the loss was imminent. Did anyone else notice that? But on the pitch, even while behind, did not portrait those signs

How about our boy Jackson. So poised, so professional. Has his father's courage and heart and pride and is growing into a phenomenal player. No way we win this today without him standing up in those key moments
Came here to post this. He was phenomenal. Made Ryan invisible, desperate spoils, proper hard tackles and used the ball beautifully. His kicking was so fluid and opened up the ground for us on several occasion.
We’ve got a footballer here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back