Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we have one? I wonder how the team is selected? Not sure the old fashioned match committee would exist these days. Coach would have 90% of the say I would imagine.
It is selected on who has the most facebook friends/ Instagram followers. It is a system that appears to work really well!

Show me your 1-13
I thought he was better than a lot last night.

I will go with players who I thought were worse with McMillan to see where he lands?

Ziebell
Pittard
Brown
Wood
Atley
Bonar
Williams
Hayden
Scott
Mahoney

Players that I have around the sane mark were Hall and Polec, both due to horrendous ball use.

So would be around that 10-12 mark with players ahead being

Higgins
Goldstein
Walker
Simpkin
Taylor
Dumont
McDonald
Tarrant
McKay

I think that’s a pretty fair assessment, but feel free to disagree?

I thought JMac was probably ahead of Hall, Atley (definitely), Williams.

Either way fantastic effort to be middle ground of players performances from a bloke playing his 163rd game in his 11th season on the list

Wasn’t our worst

Higgins
Goldy
Simpkin
Dumont
Walker
Taylor
Polec
Tarrant
McKay
McDonald
Atley
Williams
Hall
I was similar but dropped out Polec, Williams and Hall because I actually think them having the ball hurt us they were that poor with it. They were on probably around the same mark as MacMillan, but we are just really trying to split different grades of averageness.

Atley was trash. His game had no redeeming features.

I was similar but dropped out Polec, Williams and Hall because I actually think them having the ball hurt us they were that poor with it. They were on probably around the same mark as MacMillan, but we are just really trying to split different grades of averageness.

Atley was trash. His game had no redeeming features.
Nailed it.

If averageness won you premierships this bloke would be our Micheal Jordan..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need someone better than this guy. He is done developing, so we should really play someone else. That’s it in a nutshell.
That’s why Murphy’s non selection is baffling.

Is he not performing in the track? His scratch match reports have been ok.

I can’t believe we tried an inside mid in Bonar down back when you have someone like Murphy on your list.

Look I’m one of JMacs biggest fans... some would say his biggest.

when we get some back from injury I think he should go out of the side.
I would be disappointed if he is on our list next year, but I thank him for his efforts, he has never given up... and he is a bloody good north Melbourne person.

I couldn’t care if JMac was 10th, 12th or 20th best last night!

1. The whole team was putrid last night. We had about 4 contributors and Macmillan wasn’t one of them. Where he ranks in the total shitness of the others is irrelevant. He was s**t.
2. He is exactly the type of mid-skilled, mid-paced player who has had more than enough opportunities to show what he’s got, who is holding the list back. What we’ve seen for ten years is what we’ll always get and it isn’t enough. In a Top 4 team he’d be a ‘role player’ in our team he’s a ‘list clogger’. I’d prefer a youngster play s**t in a s**t team with the hope that he might learn and be better. Macmillan offers nothing now or in the future.

1. The whole team was putrid last night. We had about 4 contributors and Macmillan wasn’t one of them. Where he ranks in the total shitness of the others is irrelevant. He was sh*t.
2. He is exactly the type of mid-skilled, mid-paced player who has had more than enough opportunities to show what he’s got, who is holding the list back. What we’ve seen for ten years is what we’ll always get and it isn’t enough. In a Top 4 team he’d be a ‘role player’ in our team he’s a ‘list clogger’. I’d prefer a youngster play sh*t in a sh*t team with the hope that he might learn and be better. Macmillan offers nothing now or in the future.

Yep. This 100%.

Him, Atley, Ziebell, Pittard, Wood amongst a host of others are representative of the systemic mediocrity this club has represented over the past 10 years.

All average footballers that are unable to step up and take their game to another level due to their physical attributes or skills/decision making.

Nailed it.

If averageness won you premierships this bloke would be our Micheal Jordan..
He actually reminds me of Ross from Friends. That's not a good thing

1. The whole team was putrid last night. We had about 4 contributors and Macmillan wasn’t one of them. Where he ranks in the total shitness of the others is irrelevant. He was sh*t.
2. He is exactly the type of mid-skilled, mid-paced player who has had more than enough opportunities to show what he’s got, who is holding the list back. What we’ve seen for ten years is what we’ll always get and it isn’t enough. In a Top 4 team he’d be a ‘role player’ in our team he’s a ‘list clogger’. I’d prefer a youngster play sh*t in a sh*t team with the hope that he might learn and be better. Macmillan offers nothing now or in the future.
Yep spot on... couldn’t agree more...

but how many can you realistically drop from last night? And if not picking the bottom 4 performed players, assuming that is the maximum you could drop how else do you do it??

From what i can see, it's the young players that are actually the driving force of the game, the coach isn't seeing this, in fact the coaching panel isn't seeing this, they still want the anderson, cunnington, ziebell, higgins to be the main driver but these players are either injured or no longer relevant. It's time to do a bit of a stalnist purge. Hard decisions need to be made, examples to be sent, death warrants to be signed. Brown needs to go as he isn't functioning as a forward, Walker was doing a lot more as a key forward than brown, trade this *er for 2 first rounder. Ziebell definitely needs to go as he is a liability even when fit. Cunnington needs to be phased out but he isn't part of our future. Anderson and mcmillan needs to be turfed out because the club still relies on them to be the main players but they are not up to it. The deadwoods like garner, tyson, jacobs should be cut as they wont ever get back to full fitness. We simply got way too many players sitting comfortably and lacking imagination. Our problem isn't one player or one coach, it's this malaise in the head of the club as well as most of the supporters. THe club hasn't really moved on from the 90s both in football and in club management. Sure we might have made financial gains but it is still many rungs below the industrial standard. This is the worst period in our club's history, i wouldn't be too unhappy if the club goes kapoot because at least we will be shipped off to tasmania ala fitzroy to brisbane. THis is probably the best outcome for a financial destitute club that is also facing really bad onfield performance, the worst of the both worlds. We missed the GC relocation opportunity, this is the price we pay for our lacking vision.

Yep spot on... couldn’t agree more...

but how many can you realistically drop from last night? And if not picking the bottom 4 performed players, assuming that is the maximum you could drop how else do you do it??
Didn't footscray make 4 or 5 changes this week? We made 3. 1 is a crock that lasted a few minutes, 1 for whatever reason is not being played in his preferred role and the other, well, the Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper had it more times than him last night.

Didn't footscray make 4 or 5 changes this week? We made 3. 1 is a crock that lasted a few minutes, 1 for whatever reason is not being played in his preferred role and the other, well, the Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper had it more times than him last night.
“Preferred role“ is a newish football term to me... and I’m positive I don’t like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back