Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon North brings Jmac back for a rd 17/18 game and then says farewell at the end of the year. Hard as it is I don't know if he'll be able to accept mostly playing in the 2nds next year so given those circumstances he may ask for a trade. Strong conversations will have been had between Jmac and coaching/list staff before he headed back to Melbourne so we'll see what happens.

Has been delisted

“I want to thank the club for giving a skinny 18-year-old kid a shot at making it,” Macmillan said.

“It’s been an unbelievable ride over 11 years and this club holds a special place in my heart.

“While I’m disappointed it has come to an end at North, I understand the decisions are in the best interests of the club, and wish everyone involved nothing but success.”

Macmillan played in seven finals games with the Roos and was awarded life membership in 2019.

“Jamie has been a reliable defender for the club and has played an important role for us down back for the best part of the last decade,” North coach Rhyce Shaw said.

“His reliability and flexibility to play on talls and smalls was a real asset, but more than that, his leadership and team-first attitude was always his biggest strength and he will be missed.”

Macmillan’s season was cut short when he exited the club’s Queensland hub after Round 11 for the arrival of his first child.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiff. I wouldnt begrudge him or Marley an extra year. Atley needs to wake up and look around at what happened to a few of his mates who didnt reach their full potential.

No where to hide.

Had some very good games for the club, unfortunately in the last couple of years the game had simply passed him by with his style of play.

Would not be shocked to see him be picked up by someone else.

All the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back