Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

Your not sure how his endurance is but you would improve his insurance?

Can someone call this guy a ******* taxi please.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well unless he is Scully, Balta, like most other players in the AFL over time, can improve their endurance year after year pre-season after pre-season.

So I do not know if his endurance is like Dusty's was or worse but, assuming it is similar to most players, I further assume he can improve it season on season just like Dusty has and others have and, in that way, given his speed and leap, if he can cover more ground for us and be a more imposing matchup against the opposition because he will be able to compete in the air and on the ground more effectively than we current do as a team particularly on the flanks.

I am sure the backline would rather kick it to Balta as a marking relief play to clear the area apart from just the ruckman. I am also sure the mids going up the ground would rather kick to a floating mobile Balta as a marking target running into the forward line to as a option improve our scoreline!

The other thing is this, if Balta can hold down a wing spot like a Richo that can go into defense as well as attack from a team perspective if he is close to the flanks, including end/goal square flanks, Balta can play relief ruck when it suits due to presence from proximity. That means Nankervis or the other ruck can get a break meaning they are more effective conserving energy as well as providing a contested marking/defensive option elsewhere to improve our defensive position and or attack as a team unit. It means the likes of Nankervis might need less breaks for more impact moreover a Balta does not waste time going to and from regarding filling in relief ruck duties.

Alternatively, if he plays a bit in defence initially he can take the ruck in defence and Nankervis or the other ruck can be a marking option out of defence when they win the ball, or the ruck if forward where Nankervis or the other ruck can fill a aerial defensive position up the ground if RFC fail to kick a goal and even if we do kick a goal Nankervis and or the equivalent ruck is not far from the centre bounce

Last edited:
The reason there was uproar about the recent worlds most sexiest man is because Noah Balta declined the award citing “it needs to go to someone other than me to give the rest of the male population in the world hope...”

With a first name like that God's gonna rain on every other clubs parade

With a name like Noah Balta we can't call him God or son of God particularly with a Ablett still playing so maybe we should call him Genesis or re-birth.

Actually with a name like Noah we should just call him the promised land or rainbow

I’m jusg glad our rfc cloning program is already showing results going To be great having to Rance’s running around
Can’t wait for dusty 2.0 next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an Aberfeldie boy I'd like to say McBean > Balta (Doutta Stars) but I won't

Doutta Stars had a great jumper. (think Ivan in the final scenes of The harder they come).
And as a Keilor boy I’d like to put CEllis in front of both, but really by default only. Fingers crossed for both Corey and Noah.
Oh and both EDS and Abers jumpers are crap

best mates with rayner, Brisbane would want to stop being s**t pretty quick
Was going to say something similar.

Rayner seems like a flight risk for brisbane and his best mate now plays for the reigning premiers. Let's hope Noah 'casually' mentions to his best mate how awesome Richmond is. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back