Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love for Balta to be the next Rance, but aside from their athleticism, they have very different skill sets in my opinion. Don't think Balta has the discipline to ever be a permanent backman, just as Rance did not have Balta's natural goal instincts, and ability to play ruck.

Grimes, Astbury, Broad, Vlastuin, Houli, Stack, Baker? etc. will be able to help him

Balta should be able to do his thing?

Balta and the term "raw" have been used 1000 times … and not just media people , Richmond tradgics use it to

at this point I don't think he can be slotted into any particular role at AFL level

he has something flaw , mostly lack of experience , raised for most roles

but he appears to be the sort that could play just about anywhere

Jack & Tom will largely keep him out of forward roles for a while

I liked his game on J Cameron early last year , Cameron was on fire but Balta was only ever 1 stride behind him working hard

I like the idea of him on a wing , could be the next Disco Roach , great outlet marking option and then graduating to Full Forward later in his career

do feel we need to find him a niche quickly , so he can master that role even if he does evolve into an other role later
other wise we'll have the best underdeveloped talent in the AFL

would be wasted in defence

he is too freaky
I disagree, our KPDs aren't young, and if we could lock up CHB for the next 10 years with a guy that has the size and athleticism to play on both the mobile forward types like Franklin and Cameron and the gorillas like Hawkins and Lynch types we should take that every day.

He has the physical traits, we just need to hope he does a Rance and learns to football.

I disagree, our KPDs aren't young, and if we could lock up CHB for the next 10 years with a guy that has the size and athleticism to play on both the mobile forward types like Franklin and Cameron and the gorillas like Hawkins and Lynch types we should take that every day.

He has the physical traits, we just need to hope he does a Rance and learns to football.

We need a genuine big strong KPD very soon. Balta has the tools to be very good. I know he could play anywhere. But KPD is a worthwhile go for him. He doesn't have to think as much. And we have the guys to mentor him.

Play him somewhere and develop him into the best of what he can don in that position. And KPD is where we have upcoming pace and where he probably performs best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between Balta and Biggie we have two 196cm+ KPDs who can jump, are lightening fast and long kicks. A pretty good spine down back for the next 10+ years. Way to go!
I reckon cholly could play as a key back if the match up suited , take bris with their talls in Oscar and cant recall the other spud , cholly easily play on those types. What I would like to see sooner rather than later is an up and comer to succeed Vlas and grimesy, pivotal intercept roles in our game plan In short term I reckon macca or caddy could go back in that role , narrow our sights on an out of contract homesick vic lad or draft one or two

I reckon cholly could play as a key back if the match up suited , take bris with their talls in Oscar and cant recall the other spud , cholly easily play on those types. What I would like to see sooner rather than later is an up and comer to succeed Vlas and grimesy, pivotal intercept roles in our game plan In short term I reckon macca or caddy could go back in that role , narrow our sights on an out of contract homesick vic lad or draft one or two
Hipwood is the spud you are thinking of. And if I recall , Broad played on him. Giving away 7cm. Grimes on Cameron & the others I forget. Baker was a bit undersized as well but is a excellent mark.
The tall depth is all raw isn't it. CJ, Chol, Balta Miller. & Nyuon. Balta & Chol actually played some good footy. As back up ruck.

Hipwood is the spud you are thinking of. And if I recall , Broad played on him. Giving away 7cm. Grimes on Cameron & the others I forget. Baker was a bit undersized as well but is a excellent mark.
The tall depth is all raw isn't it. CJ, Chol, Balta Miller. & Nyuon. Balta & Chol actually played some good footy. As back up ruck.

balta was very stiff to get dropped

showed a lot

balta was very stiff to get dropped

showed a lot
I thought he drifted out of games when played as a KPF. So I didn't mind him being swung into the ruck or dropped. First year player its to be expected. There's a queue of KPFs CJ, Chol Balta & a queue of KPDs Balta, Garth,Miller, Nyuon(nice highlights package). But I wouldn't mind giving Balta the Ellis wing role to develop as his over a season or 2. We'll see what the match committee think over the preseason I suppose. Anybody seen any training sessions?

No hipwood wasnt who I was thinking , was him big o and another , anyways u get the drift

Around the ball i think will get the best out of him

Strong, Quick, Booming Kick.

Midfielder Qualities
Question mark about his discipline...back from the break...not in the best of physical shape apparently...a few disappointed people about it...:(

That would be a real shame if true. Endurance was one of the things that held him back this year.

If true hopefully it is just a bump on the road to a great career. Balta looks to have incredible potential but he is going to need to start switching on a bit better. I recall Hardwick saying in a press confidence last year to explain where Balta was with his footy that he had been out there on the field telling other players where to position themselves and he was nowhere near in the correct position himself. I will be terribly disappointed if we don’t see noticeable improvement from Balta this year.

No hipwood wasnt who I was thinking , was him big o and another , anyways u get the drift
Maybe McStay?
I'd be keeping a close eye out West.
Brander from W/Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back