Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been trying to figure out which position he is best suited for. Still not sure, but then the name Fraser Gehrig popped into my head. Similar athletic profiles and positional uncertainty. Now player comparisons are generally crap because every player is unique but it'd be nice if he eventually turned into a beastly FF.

I disagree, our KPDs aren't young, and if we could lock up CHB for the next 10 years with a guy that has the size and athleticism to play on both the mobile forward types like Franklin and Cameron and the gorillas like Hawkins and Lynch types we should take that every day.

He has the physical traits, we just need to hope he does a Rance and learns to football.

Next 10 years.
Guys like Franklin and Hawkins aren't young either and won't be around 10 years!

Next 10 years.
Guys like Franklin and Hawkins aren't young either and won't be around 10 years!
Way to miss the obvious point....
There will obviously be a different generation of KPFs but likely still have both mobile types and the bigger slower gorilla types.

I've been trying to figure out which position he is best suited for. Still not sure, but then the name Fraser Gehrig popped into my head. Similar athletic profiles and positional uncertainty. Now player comparisons are generally crap because every player is unique but it'd be nice if he eventually turned into a beastly FF.

richo style wing, hasnt been replicated since Richo, balata can do it if stays fit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

balta was very stiff to get dropped

showed a lot

My feeling he took a few games this season to get going had a block of at the level games, but dropped off significantly and then got dropped. Likely he didn't have the fitness to maintain the level week in week out. Another preseason now to get that full season fitness. Needs to be more than having spectacular runs occasionally. His block of games where he performed well he was intercept marking, going for runs and tackling around the contests. Looking forward to seeing what he produces in 2020.

I see his future as a key forward also.

Gun, will mark the return of the utility player.

Will play down back, up forward & on the wing

Reckon Dimma will slot him in down back to add a bit of height and athleticism until he gets his tank up to scratch then bang watch this guy explode.

Surely this guy is our next full back? Freak athlete, great kick and great hands. He’s not a natural footballer which I think you have to be to be a great forward. I can see him terrorising oppo forwards

Wonder who has what it takes to replace Rancey, Balta or Garthwaite?
We don't actually NEED to replace Rance this year:

Astbury takes the power forward, Grimes and Broad can take sm/med/tall and Grimes provides rebound, Grimes is also our go-to for any sized player who's getting off the leash. Vlaustin and Houli intercept and rebound, and Stack, Baker or Short give some run.

Garthwaite probably provides coverage for Astbury, Grimes and Broad.

Not sure what the plan is with Balta, but he should spend the first 10 weeks in the VFL playing whatever role they want him for in the seniors long term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back