Senior 4. Oliver Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

Ripper pick who fills a long term need.

But…

Given Acres a lock for one wing, I’m thinking that with the following “other” wing options in 23, say:

Docherty
Carroll
Cotts
LOB
Philp?
Boyd?
Zac W?
Kemp?

…it’s a hell of a call to think Ollie will be in the reckoning to play much of a role in 23. Later in the year maybe once we’ve worked through the above and he gets more maturity and experience, but I doubt he’s a turn key solution for the early rounds.

Would be thrilled to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
I know nothing about Hollands but I was pleased that during the broadcast of his selection it identified that he was elite in marking. Marking is one of the most underrated skills that get talked about for recruits. If you are a reliable elite mark then it amplifies all your other skills as it means that you can win marking contests and therefore put your other skills on show. I think Simpson was a great example of that. Simpson took so many marks that he had no right to take and it made him a much, much more dangerous player.

Either he's grown to 187-188 or it was bull**** that Walsh had grown to that height. Both at an identical height last night.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Happy with this selection, I see Simmo reborn.

Plenty of guts and determination.

Looking forward to watching him ply his trade.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Simmo would fit inside him-- still remember his draft photo in paper hahaha

Feel really good about this pick. Even though they have a bit of a different style I can see a Kade Simpson type career where he will show up week after week, year after year running his heart out for us.
As others have pointed out there is no urgent need to get him straight into the team, we can now give our young players adequate time to develop in the reserves.

Last edited by a moderator:
FisSt8-aUAACc_M

(Log in to remove this ad.)

....and what possie will Elijah play for us in 2024 ??

Well, from his predraft bio he’s a high impact medium forward/midfielder who is very good defensively and highly skilled 2 way, dual sided runner….should be a good replacement for Jack Martin and could easily play the medium marking forward role

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Look at the hair on his arms. Looks a skinny rangey type right now, but once he hits full maturity and fills out, wowee gonna be a physical machine I reckon.
Said on Farcebook that he needs 5-10kg in weight gains in the next 12 months. But, he’s definitely going to be a player.

Hollands is 2 way run and carry. You may argue Busslinger, Jefferson are long term better but we need 2 or 3 players like Hollands to rapidly improve because we are not a great transition side Hollands, Cowan, Binns can make us a top 4 side quickly. Busslinger, Jefferson less so. Pity we didn't have that extra pick between 10 and 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back