Senior 4. Oliver Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

I know nothing about Hollands but I was pleased that during the broadcast of his selection it identified that he was elite in marking. Marking is one of the most underrated skills that get talked about for recruits. If you are a reliable elite mark then it amplifies all your other skills as it means that you can win marking contests and therefore put your other skills on show. I think Simpson was a great example of that. Simpson took so many marks that he had no right to take and it made him a much, much more dangerous player.
Great comment. You could say the same about a player like Matt Kennedy. It's enough of a point of difference to be the difference between playing AFL rather than VFL.
Anyone who's seen Hollands can comment more on his marking?

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Won’t take any prisoners.

Looking forward to watching him run out Round 1.
Don't want to be a party pooper but doubt he will play rd.1. Still very light and need to bulk up a bit.
Looks a ripper pick though just might be a bit of patience required.

Thats the way it is at good clubs ( with the very rare exceptions like S. Walsh )

All the best young fella and welcome to the Navy Blues...... You will make US BETTER in the long run.

Really impressed with the way Ollie speaks. Very mature. I've set it to start at 18:00 where his segment starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back