Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Really like Eddie's game, playing a genuine HF conduit into the forward line. A lot of our medium forwards tend to play like undersized KPFs, Eddie was playing like a small CHF.

If he can find a spot along the HF line as an avenue into the 50 we could accommodate him, Zurhaar and Curtis et al in the same forward structure all playing slightly different roles.

Really like Eddie's game, playing a genuine HF conduit into the forward line. A lot of our medium forwards tend to play like undersized KPFs, Eddie was playing like a small CHF.

If he can find a spot along the HF line as an avenue into the 50 we could accommodate him, Zurhaar and Curtis et al in the same forward structure all playing slightly different roles.
It would be great if Eddie can be that "HF conduit" but why on earth cant Sleevo fill that roll? He can take a mark, is quick on the lead and can cover plenty of ground. He would have to worry less about physical contact too. It's frustrating we cant anything useful out of him.
The way things are going, Eddie will take Sleevo's spot.

It would be great if Eddie can be that "HF conduit" but why on earth cant Sleevo fill that roll? He can take a mark, is quick on the lead and can cover plenty of ground. He would have to worry less about physical contact too. It's frustrating we cant anything useful out of him.
The way things are going, Eddie will take Sleevo's spot.

I rate Jaidyn highly but don't think he has the reckless flying for contested marks in his game that Eddie naturally does.

Third link-up KPF in the mold of (Adelaide) Tom Lynch would be Eddie's go. Would need to improve his accumulation a little bit, but he's one of the few forwards on our list that has shown a nature talent as a linking half-forward. Has been mucked around by the lack of VFL talls and had to play as the first or second KPF for a lot of his early AFL career. Will likely start in the VFL, but I could easily see him pinching a bench spot at AFL level as that 7th forward.

So eddy has the possibility of being on the bench as a seventh forward for the team that has won 9 out of 61 games

guess he must of been dreaming about that forever
Small steps Reggie, small steps.

Too many other medium forwards and the need for a second ruck resting forward makes it harder for Eddie. Hope he makes it.

Agree at the link up forward being his best bet with us. I think I need to come to terms with him requesting a trade and/or not being with us in the next few years, though.

Unfortunately for him his midfield aspirations are no chance given our young midfield options. Forward, he's behind Zurhaar, Curtis, etc.

At his best I reckon he can be a mid-forward 'striker' type that Kingy raves about. His best shot at a long career is moving somewhere where he'll get a shot in that position.

I rate Jaidyn highly but don't think he has the reckless flying for contested marks in his game that Eddie naturally does.
I reckon Stevo's best moments for us were in the guts when Noble played him there early in 2021 season

I reckon Stevo's best moments for us were in the guts when Noble played him there early in 2021 season
Wing or guts for mine as well. Still struggles between the ears.

Agree at the link up forward being his best bet with us. I think I need to come to terms with him requesting a trade and/or not being with us in the next few years, though.

Unfortunately for him his midfield aspirations are no chance given our young midfield options. Forward, he's behind Zurhaar, Curtis, etc.

At his best I reckon he can be a mid-forward 'striker' type that Kingy raves about. His best shot at a long career is moving somewhere where he'll get a shot in that position.
Tend to agree re moving to another club is in his best interest at present. Hopefully doesn’t come to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was poor today
In between for me. Can see why Clarko likes him as the third kpf outlet. Did some good things, kicked a goal and his disposal was neat, but drifted out of long periods of the game due to poor delivery and Richmond dominance. Structurally, I think he helps.

I want to see more of him before I judge him too much, and I wouldn’t be upset if Clarko throws Eddie a few development games at afl level.

In between for me. Can see why Clarko likes him as the third kpf outlet. Did some good things, kicked a goal and his disposal was neat, but drifted out of long periods of the game due to poor delivery and Richmond dominance. Structurally, I think he helps.

I want to see more of him before I judge him too much, and I wouldn’t be upset if Clarko throws Eddie a few development games at afl level.

Can't see him staying in when Simpkin and Cunners are back, who will share the 3rd tall duties with Zurhaar.

I think he'll spend a lot of time forward. Not tall, per se, but a very strong mark as we've seen countless times over the years.

Zurhaar will spend more time at CBs if today is any indication.

Not tall as such, but he makes up for it with strength. Third defenders will have their work cut out moving him.

Encouraged by him getting some senior gametime today, hopefully Clarkson rates him.

Really like him as a strong-marking conduit into the forward line as discussed. So much to offer and looks more mobile too.
Our next Corey Jones perhaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back