Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Played like dogshit and was on the 4th or 5th defender too.

Larkey, Pink, Zurhaar, Curtis all got priority opponents.

So what the f*** was his excuse for being invisible?
Make it make sense to me ffs

I’m an Eddie fan, but the campaigner pissed me off today.

Played like a bloke comfortable with his position in the side, picking and choosing when to put in effort.

**** him off to the VFL and tell him he can stay there until he appreciates his place in the side and the effort required.

Had enough of these campaigners getting paid to half arse it.

Played like a bloke comfortable with his position in the side, picking and choosing when to put in effort.

heck him off to the VFL and tell him he can stay there until he appreciates his place in the side and the effort required.

Most of us are fans and I see him playing wing as he excelled there last year.

But his efforts today when competing and then chasing and putting pressure on the ball coming out of defensive 50 were pathetic.

Was that plain and obvious that it got called out on the broadcast and still it was being downplayed.

As post above mentions, I remember he played some really good games on the wing last year. Would like to see him tried there for a few games. Tucker can stay back in the half back flank. And Taylor can play VFL

I got a feeling he's checked out and wants out. He's played well a lot of the times and shown more mongrel than 90% of our list but continues to be dropped over players like Stephenson etc

(Have no inner source lol)

**** him off to the VFL and tell him he can stay there until he appreciates his place in the side and the effort required.

But what are you going to do with the other dozen or more players who are exactly the same?

It’s prob the reason why he drifted out on draft night.

This will probably draw the ire of a certain poster but I've got a mate who works with Western Jets and he was very bullish about both Paul Curtis and Ford, said they were quality people but he said some clubs were put off by an overbearing father when they had meetings with Eddie prior to the draft.

This will probably draw the ire of a certain poster but I've got a mate who works with Western Jets and he was very bullish about both Paul Curtis and Ford, said they were quality people but he said some clubs were put off by an overbearing father when they had meetings with Eddie prior to the draft.
You're right, GoKangas1969 won't appreciate that post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm interesting when you think about it. When Magoo was saying he speaks to a few boys still at the club about his experiences in leaving. Correlation doesn’t mean causation but very interesting indeed.

Cut the cancers out
ive never kept in touch with anyone ive worked with in a previous job.

ive never kept in touch with anyone ive worked with in a previous job.
Many of my closest mates are people I worked with 5 - 10 years ago.
Sometimes I feel it’s different in hospo though.
From a management perspective, I’ve also hired many good staff on the back of their former colleague being hired by us & then telling them how much greener the grass is working with us. Don’t love the idea of B Mac telling the lads how great playing on Anzac Day is etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back