Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

He will re-sign, 100%. Very close with the group all his best mates are at North. Clarko will have him up an about.

Last edited:

Just shows how media pull lines out to suit their narrative.

All the headlines from that interview I've seen, have stunk of someone who believed they were owed playing finals and would piss off if they had to to get it, rather than earning it.

In context the comments seem to be the complete opposite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All these blokes who are tired of losing......******* do something about it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Zurhaar, a rookie, thinks he is better than what he is. He needs to pull his *in finger out and do something. He has burned many offensive opportunities in the past rather than being an assist player. He appears to be making significant changes in his physical however he is not an A grade All Aus player. Zurhaar is a cog in a wheel. If he leaves, we will not miss him long term.

Any noticeable changes in his set shot technique? He's got a pencil thin margin for error with his ball drop
Not that I could discern TBH, sorry. Cooper was also shooting with him and was pretty good but Zurhaar looked a step above for sure in terms of the tight angles he was able to hit confidently and with power.

During the match sim-esque drills he was very vocal too, more specifically punishing any noticeable hesitation from the VFL boys I50 with a booming "KICK THE ****ING BALL", which got a chuckle from me. Evoked myself and probably many others on game day.

The way I read it, he wants to start winning and stay with this group. If we are still bat s**t by the end of the season, he will consider his options.

Don't think Cam has earned the right to deliver ultimatums.If he had turned up in ripping nick each season, played consistently and displayed a bit of footy IQ where he wasn't burning team mates, then maybe.
But he hasn't

Hopefully the penny has dropped this year and it should. hes nearly 26.

He and and as he mentioned, Jy, have been saying this for at least 3 years. Yet neither have shown consistency to suggest they actually do want it to change.
While I’m sure he means it, it’s going to have to come off something more than a few words and rocking up to play a quarter of the way into the season.
Might sound harsh, but Larkey is probably the only person who has suggested he really, really wants things to change.

He and and as he mentioned, Jy, have been saying this for at least 3 years. Yet neither have shown consistency to suggest they actually do want it to change.
While I’m sure he means it, it’s going to have to come off something more than a few words and rocking up to play a quarter of the way into the season.
Might sound harsh, but Larkey is probably the only person who has suggested he really, really wants things to change.

Are you kidding? Jy won two of the 3 B&F's for the years you're referencing. To me, that's the opposite of not putting in the performance to prove he actually does want it to change.

Very harsh on Jy. Maybe you have a point with CZ and his preparation, but what the *, man. Do back-to-back best and fairest wins and consistently brilliant results in time trials make you think that Jy hasn't tried to create change?

He has 21 other blokes who need to pick up the slack. In 2021, for the most part, he had Larkey, Zurhaar, McKay, and second-half-of-the-season TT helping him. In 2022, he had Larkey, Zurhaar, Scott, and second-half-of-the-season LDU helping him. Last year, Sheezel joined the fray, and there was more range in who played their position to a satisfactory degree.

He's one of three players we had last year who could run out a game no problem and have an impact doing it. I can't stomach this sort of assessment of a bloke whose dedication is unquestionable, regardless of his brain fades

Just shows how media pull lines out to suit their narrative.

All the headlines from that interview I've seen, have stunk of someone who believed they were owed playing finals and would piss off if they had to to get it, rather than earning it.

In context the comments seem to be the complete opposite.
It was nothing more than media twisting words to suit a narrative and gets some clicks.

100% agree. After listening to the interview it was close to the opposite of what the media made it out to be.

I’m not sure how they took comments around sick of losing and committed to improving the club and love being here to mean, don’t win I’m out LOL!

A bit hard when you (Jy) miss ten odd game to injury and concussion.

I found his interview to be quite poor. I can see why he is not in the leadership group. There is a lot of me me me me going on. He has never… never ,, played with consistency because he is unfit!
Xxxk him - it’s a team sport. Do something about losing Cam!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Channel 10 had CZ on the news tonight. Body language was not that positive.

Just wondering what people think about what they saw and whether we should speculate on his ongoing commitment to the Roos.
I may be mistaken, but I thought he was making a pretty clear illuminati symbol with his fingers at one point. Have it on good authority that Cam is a part of something much bigger than football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back