Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

This bloke is quick, skillful, aggressive and a pure campaigner on the field.

I can’t see many backman relishing the opportunity to play on Cam going forward.

If he doesn’t get you when he has the ball, he is going to nail you when he doesn’t have it.

Don’t be surprised if clubs are making enquiries. Let’s hope the club doesn’t turn this into another Greenwood fiasco? Lock him away, we have the coin.

Hopefully with another pre-season under his belt we’ll be able to throw him into the midfield mix for a 3-4 centre square contests per game.

Could be a real point of difference in there like De Goey at Collingwood or Greene at GWS.
Counting the days until we have a few pre-seasons into LDU/TT/Zurhaar/Larkey/Taylor/Crocker.

Counting the days until we have a few pre-seasons into LDU/TT/Zurhaar/Larkey/Taylor/Crocker.

Luke and Jy's improvement will have a massive effect on the other mids. Massive.

Hopefully with another pre-season under his belt we’ll be able to throw him into the midfield mix for a 3-4 centre square contests per game.

Could be a real point of difference in there like De Goey at Collingwood or Greene at GWS.
Totally. He wants it too, which means he will make it happen. He's that kind of bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

give this kid another 2 pre seasons to build his tank and get him into the midfield mix ala de goey style. For such a bloke kid his burst speed and power is unreal and would be amazing to watch. couple of short bursts in the centre square and watch out. his set shots are good and snaps need some work but him, tt, larkey, jy are starting to build

While clearly not the physical specimen, I just can't can't get the Zurhaar/Micky Conlan comparison out of my head, both with explosive pace when needed, the arching of the back at full speed to evade would be tacklers, flailing arms and legs at full speed, powerful line breakers and not to mention both with effective but ungainly looking goal kicking actions.

While clearly not the physical specimen, I just can't can't get the Zurhaar/Micky Conlan comparison out of my head, both with explosive pace when needed, the arching of the back at full speed to evade would be tacklers, flailing arms and legs at full speed, powerful line breakers and not to mention both with effective but ungainly looking goal kicking actions.
There's a player! Micky was ripped, but was more about speed than hitting them hard.

Zurhaar reminds me more of archer, the way he runs through the contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back