Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't reckon he makes it to 100

Im up for a bet ;)

Oh yeah he'll go around for sure. Not sure he's a lock in the 22 from next year though.

Bottle of $70 of your choice from Dan Murphy

I say he gets to 100 games

Nah im not that invested in it.

BigFooty Premium Platinum (AU$19.99 for 1 year)?

Luckily this bet didnt eventuate

wouldnt look great for me now TT if we did bet

Even if Pickett's head is in the right head space & he wants to play this week.
Innocent until proven guilty. but given the seriousness of the allegations, I would not be playing him this week.

This week should all be about Trent Cotchin playing he's 300th game no distractions.

Last edited:
Even if Pickett's head is in the right head space & he wants to play this week.
Innocent until proven guilty. but given the seriousness of the allegations, I would not be playing him this week.

This week should all be about Trent Cotchin playing he's 300th game no distractions.
Did DeGoey (or anyone else for that matter) play when with assault charges pending? I can't remember. But that'd be a more serious crime than burglary I'd suggest.

It'll be forgotten about for the duration of the game. Media will go into hysterics and Saints ferals will boo him every time he goes near it if he plays.
Round 3 last year against the saints at marvel
They were booing marlion,one young chap sitting behind me
Asked his father why are they booing marlion
I told him because marlion has won double the amount of premierships than there whole club

Marlion Pickett returns to Richmond training after being hit with serious burglary charges​

Marlion Pickett was hit with serious burglary charges in Perth on Monday, but he returned to Richmond to pats on the back.

Troubled Richmond premiership player Marlion Pickett was welcomed back to training on Thursday and triple-premiership captain Trent Cotchin said his teammates would “be right behind” him as awaits the outcome of serious charges.
After being held in remand in Perth on Sunday night, the 31-year-old was charged with four counts of aggravated burglary, three counts of stealing and three of criminal damage.

Pickett was granted bail after he allegedly stole more than $380,000 during a string of burglaries of commercial properties between December 2022 and January 2023.

After club chief executive Brendon Gale said the Tigers would continue to support Pickett, he returned to training on Thursday morning to a media throng.
Cotchin, who will celebrate his own 300th game this weekend, said it was “important” to have his premiership teammate back at the club.
“It was good to have Marlion in this morning out there training,” Cotchin said.
“He’s such an important part of our footy club and our team.

“What he brings is really special from a leadership point of view, not just Indigenous boys but our whole group.
“Knowing the person that Marlion is, he’ll stay strong and we’ll be right behind him.”

Cotchin said he and the playing group had no sense of what was happening with Pickett before the charges despite a concession from Gale the club knew he would be speaking to police in Perth last weekend.

He did so after Richmond’s win over Fremantle last Saturday night, with the charges then laid.
“I don’t think the playing group had awareness of it, which is a credit to the way that our management have managed that process. I’m sure it will be all dealt with in due course,” Cotchin said.

[PLAYERCARD]Marlion Pickett[/PLAYERCARD] is welcomed back to training by [PLAYERCARD]Jacob Hopper[/PLAYERCARD]. Picture: Michael Klein.

Marlion Pickett is welcomed back to training by Jacob Hopper. Picture: Michael Klein.

Pickett, who won’t face St Kilda this weekend but hasn’t been stood down and is likely to return in round 16 against Brisbane, has not addressed the playing group about the matter.

But Cotchin, echoing the words of Gale who said the club would work on the presumption Pickett was innocent, said he wouldn’t be making assumptions.
“My response was as it is with everyone; I don‘t like to make assumptions. That’s one of the rules that I go by,” he said.
“We love Marlion for who he is and what he brings to our footy club, and we‘ll be right behind him.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No other decent thread for this guy besides that one about his court appearance, so Marlion deserves a proper footy one.

Jeez I was impressed with his game tonight. Notwithstanding that howler of a dropped mark in the second quarter which coughed up a goal, he was in our best 3 or 4 players again after that.

Hard as nails, handled the slippery ball well, and got us actually going forward a number of times. Undoubtedly best 23 based on tonight's performance.

He was good last night, a few errors but overall good.

Relatively speaking our midfield isn't great though so I am desperately hoping that guys like Banks, Sonsie, Clarke can start breaking in and push guys like Pickett and Macintosh out, otherwise we're in a bit of trouble if that's what our best midfield looks like moving forward.

Agree on current performances he's best 23.

If we were a good team he wouldn't be close to the best 22. But we're going to have a bad season so I kind of get why he looks likely to play a lot.

Still, if it was me I'm playing younger players over him unless there is a sizeable gap in output. I don't believe there is.

Pickett is not the future and I'd argue should not be the present either.

If we were a good team he wouldn't be close to the best 22. But we're going to have a bad season so I kind of get why he looks likely to play a lot.

Still, if it was me I'm playing younger players over him unless there is a sizeable gap in output. I don't believe there is.

Pickett is not the future and I'd argue should not be the present either.
Don’t know if it’s that simple
If that’s the mentality we are going to have we may as well stop giving Dusty, Grimes and Lynch games as well

Just pick the best 22 available every week regardless of age and experience

When the kids are good enough they will naturally push the older players out but as it stands Pickett is still in our best two wing options and until he isn’t he should be getting games

play every week to win

Don’t know if it’s that simple
If that’s the mentality we are going to have we may as well stop giving Dusty, Grimes and Lynch games as well

Just pick the best 22 available every week regardless of age and experience

When the kids are good enough they will naturally push the older players out but as it stands Pickett is still in our best two wing options and until he isn’t he should be getting games

play every week to win

Yes agree. I probably worded it wrong.

I don't believe there is really any gap between Pickett and younger options.

Especially if he's keeping someone like Ross out of the side on the wing. That would be an easy choice for me. Ross is the better player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back