Player Watch #7 Harry Cunningham

Remove this Banner Ad

xPfwLtlb.png

Harry Cunningham

Player Profile

Harry Cunningham is one of the quickest players at the Sydney Swans, is clean by hand and foot and can play in defence, on a wing and in the forward line. The 2012 draftee was in blistering form over the opening seven rounds of the 2019 campaign, before injury limited him to just two games over the remainder of the season, so expect him to be hungry for a comeback 2020 year. Draft history: 2012 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 93; 2012 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney) selection No. 107

Harry Cunningham

DOB: 06 December 1993
DEBUT: 2012
DRAFT: 2012
RECRUITED FROM: Turvey Park (NSW)/NSW-ACT U18/Wagga (NSW)

Last edited:

Well that should appease people disgruntled about our lack of activity during the trade period and improving the list. We signed Harry ! Ecstatic !:rolleyes:
Gets murdered by a decent small forward with any footy IQ, is a terrible kick and decision maker. 2 ****ing years ???? Give us a spell.

Well that should appease people disgruntled about our lack of activity during the trade period and improving the list. We signed Harry ! Ecstatic !:rolleyes:
Gets murdered by a decent small forward with any footy IQ, is a terrible kick and decision maker. 2 ****ing years ???? Give us a spell.
I don't agree. But we must watch different games. Each to their own.

He'll be back in the 22 and will be hard to drop when he comes back in. Good resigning, can play all over the ground. In an era of a 5 man bench he's someone you want to bring in

he is equally effective all over the ground thats for sure

Poor old Cunningham's thread has been forgotten.
What a great two goal effort.
I think he was stung after being left out of the side late last year after a great first half.
Could not crack the defence so he goes forward and kicks two goals.
He is not done yet.
I'd really like to see him in the back half again though, or maybe even as a winger if we wanna experiment with Jmac

I think our back half is working well. If Harry is playing in the front half, where there's a spot for him, we can always swing him back if we need to.
Horse loves that flexibility. Harry can play on any line. Will be interesting when Clarke/Wicks/Konstanty regain fitness.
Likewise with Fox and Gould vs Campbell. A good problem to have but not easy for the players.
I fear for Sheldrick.

Horse loves that flexibility. Harry can play on any line. Will be interesting when Clarke/Wicks/Konstanty regain fitness.
Likewise with Fox and Gould vs Campbell. A good problem to have but not easy for the players.
I fear for Sheldrick.

Surely Fox is cemented in the backline once fit. If he's not cemented now then he might as well ask for a trade...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Fox is cemented in the backline once fit. If he's not cemented now then he might as well ask for a trade...
Each of the three are good for different roles.
Gould is tradeable. 22 eoy.
Reckon Adelaide would be keen as mustard. We have Francis 26 eoy.
Fox and Cunningham will both be 30 eoy. Zero trade value. One year contracts probable? Both still in great nick.

He boosts the average age and games played numbers. From a statistical perspective this is important.

But on field, no he seems out of form and it’s hard to know what his role is.
The thing with Cunningham is that he has never had more than the occasional good game outside of the backline.

He got displaced from the backline last year and he hasn't played there this year and seemingly the only reason he has been in the side is because Clarke has been injured and he has more experience than the alternatives.

True. I'd still hesitate to move him on just yet though. We have to have at least some depth to our list.

Absolutely, just suggesting a run in the twos on form.

I know he was given a new contract this past offseason so part of it was trying to justify the new signing. Match committee also wanted to see if he was hungry after not being selected during our winning streak before that disastrous GF.

But surely... the time is up in the seniors for now. Backed in for 3 games, has not worked.

Cunningham will not get dropped until Sataris removes his profile pic of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back